R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Open to considerations  (Read 2801 times)

Blas

Open to considerations
« on: February 26, 2009, 12:55:50 AM »

We're finally upgrade our studio DAW to a quicker monster.  So since we do about half our work out mobile (local high school, college, adult ensembles) we range from a Roland 1880 up to our Tascam MX-2424 depending on the size/charge ratio.
Since old (3 years young) DAW is being replaced, we removed the Hammerfall 9652 to be placed in the Darth Vader unit (my new name for it's faceplate look).  So the old unit has been fitted with  a E-mu 1212m, which for now will be something (it handles 8 in via ADAT lightpipe).  But I would like to increase the ability to at least 16 channel ADAT or even 24 (which in that case, it'll be another 9652).
Can anyone suggest a current active, not crazy priced, 16 channel lightpipe to consider.  I was seeing things about the Frontier Dakota, which seemed PERFECT, but hear they stopped production of it!  Dang, sure seemed like the best bump upward.
So I'm open for ideas, but want to maintain the whole lightpipe system as our MX, console, converters, even two sets of mic pre's, and old DAW all operate in that vain.  Plus going S/MUX we can fly at 24/96k.  I love it all too much.  So please enlighten me as to what next to consider.
Joe
Conjecture and theory are all well and good...but the proof comes out of the speakers - Fletcher
He who has said the pen is mightier than the sword, has never been in a pen & sword fight!- me
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 17 queries.