R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: re-purposed PS regulator IC?  (Read 4967 times)

John Roberts {JR}

Re: re-purposed PS regulator IC?
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2009, 02:50:03 PM »

Sweet    TPA2000D1 looks like a slam dunk...

Why couldn't I find this without help?

Of course now that I know there is such a part I find a similar MAXIM part.. MAX4295EEE

May be more...  

good help.. thanks again.

JR

John Roberts {JR}

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2009, 03:01:14 PM »

Thanks that looks better than what I am using now (while also more $$). I like that the bridge output eliminates a big coupling cap, but for my next generation low V battery operation I'm inclined to try the class D approach for improved battery life.

The TI parts claims it will work without output filter, but I'm inclined to use ferrite beads at least.

JR

bruno putzeys

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2009, 04:18:18 PM »

If the speaker is not in the same box with the amp (=some length of cable) you'll need to have a proper LC output filter. If they're integrated together ferrite beads will do.
Warp Drive. Tractor Beam. Room Correction. Whatever.

Affiliations: Hypex, Grimm Audio.

John Roberts {JR}

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2009, 05:28:23 PM »

Bruno Putzeys wrote on Sat, 28 February 2009 15:18

If the speaker is not in the same box with the amp (=some length of cable) you'll need to have a proper LC output filter. If they're integrated together ferrite beads will do.

Yup saw that.. Right now I'm mostly inside aluminum extrusion, but I may go cheaper and lighter in next generation package.

I'm finding more people making versions of this..  Looks like the modulation scheme in TI is also used in national part.

I will use the shut down pin. I forgot to put that on my wish list.  

These guys are counting pennies... I like that..

JR

John Roberts {JR}

Re: class D IC follow-up
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 01:04:27 PM »

index.php/fa/11604/0/

This part is so small that picture is from my USB microscope.  The pin pitch is the same as tiny quad resistor arrays (.65 mm) so I cut up an old PCB and used two of the resistor array fan outs to an LED array for connection pads, this leaves the bottom of the chip open so I can get to the pad on the bottom which is a heatsink/ground.

The part I would like to use in production has the gain resistors built in, but that was only available in a 3x3 BGA package, which is about half the size of this one. Pretty remarkable, and scary.

I'm pleasantly surprised I was able to get this far with my 30 YO weller iron and 60 YO eyeballs.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction...

JR  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 19 queries.