R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who uses Cedar Retouch?  (Read 3425 times)

cass anawaty

Who uses Cedar Retouch?
« on: May 29, 2009, 03:17:34 PM »

Greetings,
I don't.  Smile

I've got a track that needs some work beyond typical spectral repair--if someone could lend a hand, we'd appreciate it.  Please PM with info and rate so I can pass it along.

Thanks!
Cass Anawaty, Chief Engineer
Sunbreak Music, LLC
High Resolution Stereo Mastering
www.sunbreakmusic.com

cass anawaty

Re: Who uses Cedar Retouch?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 06:05:50 PM »

Got a response--thanks!
Sunbreak Music, LLC
www.sunbreakmusic.com

TotalSonic

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 07:34:04 PM »

Coincidentally I'm in a similar boat right now - have a couple tracks of solo piano recordings with a few seconds of coughing in each.  Folks can pm me at steve at totalsonic dot net

Best regards,
Steve Berson

minister

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 07:46:11 PM »

Hi,

You can send these tracks, or just clips, to Cedar itself.  Their prices are reasonable, their work is excellent and their turn-around pretty fast.

tom hambleton C.A.S.
minister of fancy noises
ministry of fancy noises

IMDb

hnewman

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 10:08:01 AM »

TotalSonic wrote on Fri, 29 May 2009 19:34

Coincidentally I'm in a similar boat right now - have a couple tracks of solo piano recordings with a few seconds of coughing in each.  Folks can pm me at steve at totalsonic dot net

Have you tried Sequoia or Algorithmix's spectral editor tools on this one?

TotalSonic

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 12:16:46 PM »

hnewman wrote on Sat, 30 May 2009 10:08

I don't own either one (I'm very happy with SAWStudio as my primary mastering app) and it's extremely rare I ever have to deal with spectral repair of this nature - so at this point the several g's of cost for either is not worth it to me at all just to be able to bill what would be all of an additional hour of studio time at this point.  

While I do declicking/decrackling all the time (for which I've found Acon Digital's inexpensive plugin excels) - and have good hum removal tools (Wave Arts MRHum) - and decent enough broadband noise reduction (Voxengo Redunoise, Acon Digital, Virtos, Sony) - I simply don't get that much call for things like cough removal.

I'd try Izotope RX for this also but I think I've used up all of my demo time with it and frankly I wasn't as impressed with RX's performance vs. the other restoration tools that I own and use already all - so I had passed on purchasing it when I demoed it.

Possibly getting Algorithmix Renovator is something that I've definitely thought would be a nice addition to the studio's capabilities - but at this point getting an analog insert controller is way more of a priority for and is what I'm currently saving for as my next gear purchase.

So - for now I'd rather just farm out this small single bit of work.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

cass anawaty

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 03:32:09 PM »

hnewman wrote on Sat, 30 May 2009 15:08

I'm happy to have the capabilities in Sequoia, and I do use it a fair amount, but in my experiences of hearing "before and after" it's not in the same league as Retouch (haven't heard renovator, but I understand it's quite good).
Sunbreak Music, LLC
www.sunbreakmusic.com

lowland

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 05:59:29 PM »

I've been glad I bought Retouch a couple of years ago, even though the cost was quite a sharp intake of breath at the time. I don't use it that often, but when it does come out it's usually a winner, also nice integration with SADiE. One of those tools that can make you look better than you are, can't get enough of those!

+1 for the CEDAR bureau BTW - haven't used it personally, but I've heard it's good and reasonably priced.
Nigel Palmer
Lowland Masters
Essex, UK
www.lowlandmasters.com

mastertone

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009, 08:08:50 PM »

TotalSonic wrote on Sat, 30 May 2009 11:16

I'd try Izotope RX for this also but I think I've used up all of my demo time with it and frankly I wasn't as impressed with RX's performance vs. the other restoration tools that I own and use already all - so I had passed on purchasing it when I demoed it.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

I thought i was the only one! I did not get the Rx.
And i agree with you Steve;
Redunoise is great sometimes and Acon declicker is among the best, especially in an M/S setup.
Jonas Ekstrom
Mastertone Mastering
www.mastertone.se

AlexVI

• Real Full Name: Alexander Van Ingen
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2009, 07:01:31 PM »

minister wrote on Sat, 30 May 2009 00:46

Hi,

You can send these tracks, or just clips, to Cedar itself.  Their prices are reasonable, their work is excellent and their turn-around pretty fast.

+1
They do excellent work there, are fast, and the cost is acceptable.
http://www.cedar-audio.com/

AVI
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.