R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: What if? Ron Paul  (Read 12115 times)

MDM,

What if? Ron Paul
« on: February 14, 2009, 07:18:26 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fTVn2tMI3E&

Ron Paul on c-span sums it up
I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy .. in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry and music.
John Adams (1735-1826) 2nd President, United States

mgod

Re: What if? Ron Paul
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 12:20:17 PM »

Brilliant.

What if that ran on network news?

DS
"There IS no Coolometer." - Larry Janus

PookyNMR

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 01:19:42 PM »

Good stuff!
Nathan Rousu

Barry Hufker

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 01:24:22 PM »

What if people actually changed the country because of what he said?

I think he's correct on every word.

PookyNMR

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 01:41:10 PM »

We're too busy putting all our hopes in Caesar to change the world.
Nathan Rousu

Barry Hufker

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 01:47:08 PM »

By "Caesar" I'm guessing you mean world leaders/government/"the world" as apposed to God, right?  I would hope you don't mean Obama as Caesar - just that man.

organica

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 02:03:44 PM »

mgod wrote on Sat, 14 February 2009 12:20

Brilliant.

What if that ran on network news?

DS

it's illegal to do so in the US I'm pretty sure . ya see , my president RP is under repression from taking his rightful residence on Pennsylvania Ave . ....... after all , WHAT IF he did live there ?

danickstr

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 04:22:52 PM »

The Ron Paul faithful are a seriously fervent bunch.
Nick Dellos - MCPE  

Food for thought for the future:              http://http://www.kurzweilai.net/" target="_blank">http://www.kurzweilai.net/www.physorg.com

PookyNMR

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 04:38:46 PM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Sat, 14 February 2009 11:47

By "Caesar" I'm guessing you mean world leaders/government/"the world" as apposed to God, right?  I would hope you don't mean Obama as Caesar - just that man.

I mean Caesar in reference to the response of people towards Obama as a savior who will fix it all.  My comment is on the public worship of the new emperor, not on the man himself.  

My opinion of Obama is only slightly better than Bush.  I've not been impressed with recent moves and the 'fulfillment' of his word.

I'm seriously concerned with all the fervent worship of the new emperor going on that we're overlooking the foolishness of this administration.  Thankfully not Bush / Cheney, but not much better in the plans to fix our situation.
Nathan Rousu

PookyNMR

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 04:40:03 PM »

danickstr wrote on Sat, 14 February 2009 14:22

The Ron Paul faithful are a seriously fervent bunch.

Obamalujah!  Puallalujah!

It's all the same.
Nathan Rousu

Barry Hufker

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 05:35:23 PM »

PookyNMR wrote on Sat, 14 February 2009 15:38

Barry Hufker wrote on Sat, 14 February 2009 11:47

I mean Caesar in reference to the response of people towards Obama as a savior who will fix it all.  My comment is on the public worship of the new emperor, not on the man himself.  

My opinion of Obama is only slightly better than Bush.  I've not been impressed with recent moves and the 'fulfillment' of his word.

I'm seriously concerned with all the fervent worship of the new emperor going on that we're overlooking the foolishness of this administration.  Thankfully not Bush / Cheney, but not much better in the plans to fix our situation.

Nathan,

I think that's rather harsh.  The guy's in office three weeks and you're upset because he hasn't corrected 8 years of Republican destruction?  Two wars and a failed economy?  Because that's not corrected in three weeks?  21 days?  Despite strong Republican opposition to have him look bad and fail?  And you say he's not much better than Bush and Cheney?  You mean the people who support torture and aggressive American imperialism?  You mean not better than those guys?  You know, the ones who corrupted the Department of Justice and had the NSA spy on us all... you mean not better than those guys?  You mean the ones who tried to make the Executive Branch a dictatorship with a strong dose of Christian Fascism?  Those guys?? and Obama's not much better??

You're an awfully harsh critic.

wwittman

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 02:12:55 AM »

When Ron Paul renounces driving on publicly funded highway, drinking clean publicly regulated water and breathing publicly mandated clean air, taking publicly screened and tested pharmaceuticals and being protected by the publicly funded police and fire depts and sanitation...

THEN I might buy 1/10 of his "libertarian" bullshit

if the events of the last few years haven't THOROUGHLY disproved virtually the ENITRE idea of "Laisez'-faire' then you simply haven;t been paying attention

like Ron Paul

Paul was the only publican candidate who was against the Iraq travesty.
and that is the ONLY good thing one can say about him

William Wittman
Producer/Engineer
(Cyndi Lauper, Joan Osborne, The Fixx, The Outfield, Hooters...)

PookyNMR

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 02:21:55 AM »

I've been reading a lot of news on what's been going on and how it relates to his campaign promises.  Currently, I'm still hopeful that I might see change that I can believe in.  But I'm not seeing it yet from the Dems.

But my greatest concern right now is not necessarily Obama.  My expectations are pretty low, but somewhat optimistic there.  

My greatest concern is the Obama culture that is so enamored with their newly elected savior that they've become soft on taking a hard look at what he's actually doing.  You mentioned torture as a great evil of the Bush admin, yet we see Obama backpedaling and refusing to prosecute those who did and appears, by some reports and even going soft on stopping it.

Please see this great thread for details:
http://recforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/t/26906/1112/
Smile
Nathan Rousu

PookyNMR

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 02:25:25 AM »

wwittman wrote on Sun, 15 February 2009 00:12

While I thoroughly agree that his libertarian social policies were rubbish, he was spot on not only about the war and ending American imperialism, but also with the economy - predicting our current situation at least a decade ago.  He's one of the few who actually understands the economy, the federal reserve and our spending having been the head of the house finance committee.  This is why every news agency has been interviewing him non stop since he dropped out of the presidential race.

Nathan Rousu

Jon Hodgson

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 06:55:40 AM »

PookyNMR wrote on Sun, 15 February 2009 07:25

wwittman wrote on Sun, 15 February 2009 00:12

While I thoroughly agree that his libertarian social policies were rubbish, he was spot on not only about the war and ending American imperialism, but also with the economy - predicting our current situation at least a decade ago.  He's one of the few who actually understands the economy, the federal reserve and our spending having been the head of the house finance committee.  This is why every news agency has been interviewing him non stop since he dropped out of the presidential race.

I think "spot on" is revisionist history. I've seen a paper of his from more than twenty years ago where he seemed pretty certain disaster was imminent. He's been preaching disaster for decades, he was wrong for many years, for many years those who disagreed with him were right, but the day circumstances change to match what he says, he's a guru?

Also I've never seen anything where he's predicted that the problem would be a loss of confidence and a drying up of credit, so he hasn't actually predicted the nature of the current problem.

As for being one of the few who actually understands the economy, he's a follower of the Austrian school, which would mean that the majority of economists would tell you he doesn't understand the economy.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 17 queries.