R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Daking 1112 costs?  (Read 17688 times)

Adam The Truck Driver

Daking 1112 costs?
« on: February 04, 2009, 12:02:07 AM »

I can't seem to get an answer from TAG. Perhaps several hours through an entire day isn't enough time to answer an email? Anyone know what the 24 input 1112 is going for loaded with the center section and 24 channel monitor section?

My other option is the Neotek Elan II TT I suppose if the Daking isn't going to happen. I like the Daking preamp well enough. I don't know diddly about the Neotek. I'm figuring to budget perhaps up to 25K for a very nice sounding, easy to work on analog board. Are there any other practical contestants in this price range? I know the ATB is widely praised for it's EQ, and it is priced considerably under 25K, but what else can it do beyond having a nice EQ?

TYVM
AB
Adam Brown

No File Selected.

leonardo valvassori

Re: Daking 1112 costs?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 12:24:59 AM »

If you can get the Daking, wait.

I'd love one.
Leonardo Valvassori

Adam The Truck Driver

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 12:35:28 AM »

I'm sure I'd love one too. I just don't know, and I very much want to know if it, Daking 1112, is priced in the same range as the Neotek. I have time to wait, though a reply from TAG would be nice. One apparently has to go through them to get one. I would imagine either would be very suitable though I would expect the Daking to be a bit/slightly more colorful.
From my understanding on what I have read on the Neotek it is basically transparent. I haven't heard it. Have heard my Daking preamp.

thx
AB
Adam Brown

No File Selected.

arlenthompson

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 02:22:25 AM »

Here's your Daking: http://soniccircus.com/Daking-1112-Custom-24-x-8-x-24-Class- A-Discrete-Analog-Recording-Console?sc=2&category=7920

$108K. Not cheap.  But what great things are?

Neotek's are nice, do a great job and you could find one for about 1/4 of the cost of the Daking.  I've never heard a Daking console, but I have the pre/eq and the compressor, so I can imagine that they are probably fantastic sounding.
Arlen Thompson
Wolf Parade/Mount Zoomer!

Mike O

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 08:54:18 AM »

Very interesting.....that is my console in the pic. I assume Geoff gave them the installation pic for marketing which is cool.

Someday I'll get him a better one, but I'm looking for space to relocate to so it might be a while.

Adam The Truck Driver

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 09:41:04 AM »

That looks so awesome and I'm sure it sounds fantasic. It looks way big, but then it isn't inline. That price is most likely to
put it out of my reach. So Sad. So...Neotek it is I guess. I can then afford a few more Daking preamps, and a tube pre or 2 and a couple of the Daking compressors...among other things outboard. I could maybe have that console, the 1112, and not much else if anything for outboard pres/dynamics/EQ and my monitors would defineately be a lesser genome as well and cables and so on. I have my answer...lol...now I feel disappointed. But the Neotek will be very nice. 19.5K for the 24 channel. Anyone have one already?

TYVM
AB
Adam Brown

No File Selected.

Mike O

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 10:26:54 AM »

Adam The Truck Driver wrote on Wed, 04 February 2009 14:41

That looks so awesome and I'm sure it sounds fantasic. It looks way big, but then it isn't inline. That price is most likely to
put it out of my reach. So Sad. So...Neotek it is I guess. I can then afford a few more Daking preamps, and a tube pre or 2 and a couple of the Daking compressors...among other things outboard. I could maybe have that console, the 1112, and not much else if anything for outboard pres/dynamics/EQ and my monitors would defineately be a lesser genome as well and cables and so on. I have my answer...lol...now I feel disappointed. But the Neotek will be very nice. 19.5K for the 24 channel. Anyone have one already?

TYVM
AB

78" wide. Many people like Neotek and do fine work on them. Maybe you should think about used?

ToddP

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 10:54:03 AM »

Adam The Truck Driver wrote on Tue, 03 February 2009 21:02

I can't seem to get an answer from TAG. Perhaps several hours through an entire day isn't enough time to answer an email? Anyone know what the 24 input 1112 is going for loaded with the center section and 24 channel monitor section?

My other option is the Neotek Elan II TT I suppose if the Daking isn't going to happen. I like the Daking preamp well enough. I don't know diddly about the Neotek. I'm figuring to budget perhaps up to 25K for a very nice sounding, easy to work on analog board. Are there any other practical contestants in this price range? I know the ATB is widely praised for it's EQ, and it is priced considerably under 25K, but what else can it do beyond having a nice EQ?

TYVM
AB

Adam-- we forwarded your email to Geoff. We don't sell the consoles, only the rack gear. Geoff sells and installs the consoles himself. You should hear from him.
Todd Peterson
TransAudio Group

Adam The Truck Driver

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 10:58:54 AM »

Mike O wrote on Wed, 04 February 2009 09:26

Adam The Truck Driver wrote on Wed, 04 February 2009 14:41

TYVM
AB

78" wide. Many people like Neotek and do fine work on them. Maybe you should think about used?

I have absolute confidence in the Neotek unheard and sight unseen just from reputation. I'm leary of bying anything used...anything. I know lots of people do, but with my luck I would get a dud...and then...Houston, we have a problem.

Be good
AB
Adam Brown

No File Selected.

Adam The Truck Driver

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 11:03:03 AM »

ToddP wrote on Wed, 04 February 2009 09:54

Adam The Truck Driver wrote on Tue, 03 February 2009 21:02

TYVM
AB

Adam-- we forwarded your email to Geoff. We don't sell the consoles, only the rack gear. Geoff sells and installs the consoles himself. You should hear from him.

Oh...Thanks...unfortuneately it is out of my reach in practical price I have already learned.

thx
AB
Adam Brown

No File Selected.

arlenthompson

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 01:24:40 PM »

Adam The Truck Driver wrote

I have absolute confidence in the Neotek unheard and sight unseen just from reputation. I'm leary of bying anything used...anything. I know lots of people do, but with my luck I would get a dud...and then...Houston, we have a problem.

Be good
AB

You could always book time at a local place that had a Neotek.  Bring a mix and spend an afternoon working on it.  It would be worth the cost if you're dropping the change on a new console.
Arlen Thompson
Wolf Parade/Mount Zoomer!

wwittman

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 05:45:23 PM »

Adam The Truck Driver wrote on Wed, 04 February 2009 09:41

... I could maybe have that console, the 1112, and not much else if anything for outboard pres/dynamics/EQ ...

you would have no NEED for outboard mic pres and EQ.

ask Geoff about a deal on a few compressors for buying the desk.

The Neotek is decent. But nothing exciting.
Personally I'd probably take a Toft as soon as a Neotek.
But neither is in  the same league with the Daking.

You're comparing to an all discrete, all transformer desk... try pricing an API!

William Wittman
Producer/Engineer
(Cyndi Lauper, Joan Osborne, The Fixx, The Outfield, Hooters...)

compasspnt

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2009, 06:06:16 PM »

What about looking at the new (Rupert) Neve thing, unloaded?

Adam The Truck Driver

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2009, 06:33:19 PM »

It is an option I have considered Terry. I understand though that those quickly add up to 100K when you start to load in modules. I have considered Audient also. I might just go with the Mix Dream(s) as was my first intention and get those Euphonix controllers, but I'd really like to have a real analog board with faders and EQ and AUXes, and so on. Time will tell.

William I don't mean I'd want or need another 24 outboard EQs if I could have the Daking 1112, but I would want...oh...perhaps 3 outboard EQs of various design, or 1-3 pair maybe for given applications that maybe the Daking EQs aren't 100% perfect for. They might be 90-98% there but aren't perfect because they can't be dialed in to the perfect frequency. I only want to be able to cover the occassional requirement for adjustment to the inbetween frequencies that board EQs don't cover. EDIT: and only when EQ is needed.

TYVM
AB
Adam Brown

No File Selected.

compasspnt

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2009, 09:07:11 PM »

I think in your case I might just go with the new Toft ATB, at least for now.

Especially if it's just you using it (carefully).
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 20 queries.