R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: This is not a Gimmick!!!! Check it Out!!!!  (Read 4225 times)

KidKrafty

This is not a Gimmick!!!! Check it Out!!!!
« on: June 28, 2004, 10:59:46 PM »

Hey People --

A Cool thing -- if you've never heard of radio/recording connection check it out. They can get you an internship in an actual radio station or recording studio (Or at a record or film company) where you get on the job training from a pro (for a fee of course but it is worth it!)

I recently did the program and learned part time while I went to my regular day job. Now, 6 months later I have a paying gig at the studio where I interned and I'm finally doing what I want to do with my life (instead of working as a Security Guard!!)

I know I know you think it's a gimmick. It's not. Check them out at www.yeahright.com or www.idon'tthinkso.com
they also do film and TV at www.youwish.com

If you mention my name (Brian) they'll give you 200.00 bucks off your tuition.

Why am I writing this? Cos' I'm grateful to these guys for helping me to change my life by getting me in the door. My debts are paid (well almost), I love my job, I'm working my way up the ladder, and...

For every student that signs up from me, they are giving my $25.00 extra. (I'm being honest-- I'm not a salesman and this is not an ad, but when people do me right, I like to return the favor.)

They truly are a cool company. Don't waste your money on technical schools, vocational training, or universities. Learn from a working pro, in the studio, on set, or at the station. It's the best way.

Peace,

Brian

Level

Re: This is not a Gimmick!!!! Check it Out!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 01:30:16 AM »

I think most of the folks here already own their own facility and been at this for many moons. Myself, pushing 3 decades.

Your info, although admirable, Smile may not attract many folks here as "useable" since this forum rarely attracts newbees..but I could be wrong.
http://balancedmastering.com

"Listen and Learn"
---Since 1975---

Johnny B

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 03:22:06 AM »

Brian

Just out of curiosity, how much did this little
wonder program cost you?

Is it simply an internship placement program?

When you interned, did you start out the normal way, cleaning toilets, go-for work, and fetching sandwiches and drink for the talent?

Did you learn a system to label tapes or disks so that you can readily find prior work? If so, can you describe it? I've been told many schools fail to teach this kind of useful, yet basic, information.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality,
they are not certain; as far as they are certain,
they do not refer to reality."
---Albert Einstein---

I'm also uncertain about everything.

Randall

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 09:51:16 AM »

http://www.spam.com/assets/hp/GoodGone3_animation.gif" border=0 alt=" http://www.spam.com/assets/hp/GoodGone3_animation.gif">

Touchwood Studios

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2004, 12:00:36 PM »

Wow I am having a De ja vous.
I need to share  this story This smells like Recording Career Connection from LA
( I am not afraid to say their name because they wasted my time and owe me money) Anyway I get this call from (a slick used car salesmen from LA who sounds like the same guy whole started this thread) a company that claim to be a recording school. What they do is match you up with a studio in your area that you live in. They do have a curriculum (and a poor one IMHO) for the student (Sucker). They told me that they "weed out" the people who are not serious about a recording career. Which in plain English is anyone with $7000.00 for the tuition. They got a studio (sucker #2 that was me) to do the teaching and correction of the exams. I will cut the story short but the student (who really was not cut out to be in a studio at all) He worked for 4 lessons maybe totally about 8 hours of my time and several hours of his time quit. I had sent an invoice to the company and never got paid. I told the student that the company did not pay the bill to me and that he could continue until it was paid. That was the last I heard from that-Until I read the above. Just a warning to all who think this may be a good idea. Talk to people about anyone you are about to give money to - there are too many "fly by night people" around who want to relieve you of your money.

Randall

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2004, 01:49:05 PM »

funny, this guy has 1 post, and hasn't even followed up on it!

Eddie Matthews

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2004, 11:52:55 AM »

Saying, "This is not a gimmick. . ."

is like saying, "I'm not racist, but. . ."
"Soundchecks are for pussies.  I got 8 bands in 4 hours.  You get the hell up there and play that thing, you punk-poser motherfucker!"

aka Delta-9

Level

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2004, 05:11:35 AM »

Delete this shit. All the web boards are getting blasted by this.

It is all pyramid bullshit.

Nothing is free...you work your ass off, marry it or are born with it.

Just like the Ipod scam

http://balancedmastering.com

"Listen and Learn"
---Since 1975---

archtop

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2004, 01:58:05 PM »

yes I tought one too.

although I did get all my money, and my student got lucky and got me, instead of someone that wanted to take advantage of him.

they SELL the idea to the studio that you'll not only get an assistant, but that they pay you for him to be there.

they SELL the idea to the students that they'll be  assisting with real world sessions.

to me that means shut up- and be quiet, and invisible.

so I gave him hardcore one on one comando recording, record a song every session.

it is funny that people think, " Hey, this is something I'de like to do"

but fail to realize that if they really wanted to do it, they would be doing it.
Richard Williams

drew

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2004, 09:41:08 AM »

i was contacted by "get a mentor" a few months back. same thing i guess. the guy was very impatient, if i didn't return his call within a few hours he would call back again. it was like he was trying to "close" the deal fast or something. i think they wanted to pay me $1500.

Fletcher

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2004, 07:01:25 AM »

KidKrafty wrote on Mon, 28 June 2004 22:59

I know I know you think it's a gimmick. It's not. Check them out at www.yeahright.com or www.idon'tthinkso.com
they also do film and TV at www.youwish.com

Wow... are you guys gullible or what?  Try the links...
http://www.yeahright.com
http://www.idon'tthinkso.com
http://www.youwish.com

However... if you ever hear of someone paying $1,500 to send over a piss boy... please, send them my way.  I'd love to get $1,500 to teach a kid how not to be a moron... I do it for free now, I'd love to see some green from it.
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.