R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Going up against an orginal U47 and a wunder  (Read 13548 times)

J-Texas

Re: Going up against an orginal U47 and a wunder
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009, 11:02:17 PM »

Ben,

I went over and checked it out. Didn't post because PSW is enough forum for me in many ways.

At first "glance", mic #5 seemed to do it for me on each artist. Although, I did like a different, specific mic on each artist individually. Namely #7 and #1 If memory serves me.

I would love to know the mic order.

Jason
Jason Thompson
www.4141studios.com

miics

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2009, 08:14:09 AM »

i will post the order tomorrow.  but i will tell you that each mic you chose is a beesneez!!.

cheers.

ben

trock

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2009, 09:51:16 AM »

Hey ben

can you give us a rundown on the Neumann and the wunder? Alot of guys, myself not included, are real mic experts and I am sure they would like to hear about the condition, any history, or any mods etc done to the mics you went up against

I think this helps you on a forum like this.

I also think its great what you and terry and these guys are doing making great stuff.

thanks!

tim

miics

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2009, 06:22:55 PM »

trock wrote on Wed, 28 January 2009 00:51

Hey ben

can you give us a rundown on the Neumann and the wunder? Alot of guys, myself not included, are real mic experts and I am sure they would like to hear about the condition, any history, or any mods etc done to the mics you went up against

I think this helps you on a forum like this.

I also think its great what you and terry and these guys are doing making great stuff.

thanks!

tim

Hi Tim, the Neumann u47 was perfect in every way.  the owner of this mic has perhaps the world's best microphone collection and he chose this particular U47 due to it's condition and original nature.  The Wagner (not Wunder) was also a perfect example.  Gunter is personal friends with the studio owner and maintains all of his microphones to be in perfect condition.  Both of these mics have been used by many Australia and international top 40 artists.

I chose this studio for a reason, the owner of the studio is a very good friend of Gunters and only an aquaintance of mine.  I knew that this would mean that only the best mics would be chosen to go up in the shootout and that all tracking would be fair.

cheers.

hargerst

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2009, 04:41:05 PM »

miics wrote on Tue, 27 January 2009 07:14

i will post the order tomorrow.  but i will tell you that each mic you chose is a beesneez!!.

cheers.

ben

And the order is?

Harvey "Is that the right note?" Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio

Galil

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 11:03:47 AM »

Ben posted:

Hi Folks, you have all been very patient so; here they are...

1 = BeesNeez James
2 = Neumann M49b
3 = BeesNeez Jade
4 = Wagner U47w
5 = Arabella Neumann K47
6 = Neumann U47
7 = BeesNeez Arabella

Cheers

This test went nuclear over at gearslutz so I am not surprised that Ben has not come back to really engage.  Turns out that the microphone which was badged as a Wagner U47W was a kit microphone which Gunter Wagner was aware of but did not reflect the quality of his production microphones.  It turns out that Ben probably did not know this at the time, but then the Wagner microphone fans accused Ben of fraud.  The fact that there were a U47 and U49 in the mix that Ben’s microphones stood in good company with for a fraction of the price did not seem to be important as the light diminished and the heat was turned up.

Galil

Ben said there:

Ok time for me to chime in.

I booked a studio owned by a good friend of Gunter Wagner for the purpose of comparison tests between my mics and others that are known as the best in the world.

All tolled, this shootout cost me $1500 to get organised (flights, Studio, Motels etc).

Now before you guys stick me on a cross, take a minute to think; would I spend this kind of money and go to a studio owned by a very good friend of Gunter just to use a fake Wagner? Come on, give me some credit, do you really think that i am that stupid?

The goal of the shootout was to run my labours of love up against the worlds best, i didn't care what the result would bring, i just wanted to give you all the chance to hear the results and make your own judgments.

I have been on the phone to Gunter for almost an hour. At first as you can imagine, he was saddened by this whole situation. Over the duration of the call we discussed many things. I even asked him how the mic came to have the Wagner badge!

What basically came from the call was two apollagies, one from me because i fealt soooo bad that i had misrepresented Gunter and the second from him due to the fact that he may have become a little too emotional before checking with me first. I am glad to say that we parted friends once again.

Any of you are very welcome to call Gunter if you would like to verify this information and frankly i can't blame any of you if you wish to do so.

It is sad that a bit of fun has become such a drag......

Let's not forget that their was an original U47 and M49 in the room.

I may have posted this info, but My only involvement in the shootout was to supply a few mics and to sing a tune or two. The entire process was carried out by Ganesh the engineer of whom i have never met nor spoken with before the day.

I don't really know what else to say other than sorry for the mis-information, i feel really ripped off, but not just me, how many other artists have hired that studio to use the "wagner" hmmmm i wonder.....

You want to know something really annoying.... there was another wagner 15 feet away in the next room as there are 4 business in the one premises.

Cheers

miics

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2009, 08:14:04 AM »

hi guys,

Things did get heated over there.  At the end of the day though, the truth was realised by nearly all reading the thread.  Sorry i haven't been posting, i have been busy making mics.  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 17 queries.