R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Neve Console Info  (Read 2591 times)

organica

Neve Console Info
« on: January 09, 2009, 08:56:13 AM »

where to find :

are/were  manuals printed out for earlier Neve consoles ?  there must be at least some generic books ?  I'm looking for  info for the 8068  specifically  ..... user / technical / schematics  .  All leads  would greatly be appreciated .

Thank you .

John Bailey

Re: Neve Console Info
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 09:26:46 AM »

Every Neve console (ie:A-1039) left the factory with full documentation.  There would have been a whole book for that desk with a complete set of drawings for every module in there, wire numbers, etc., etc...

I don't know if John Klett still has PDF's of all the old Neve modules on his site, but he's a good guy to contact if you're looking for drawings.

Beyond just the drawings for the Mic Pre/EQ, and routing modules, I suppose the thing you're after is the main drawing for the desk...

Just some thoughts...
Cheers, eh?
JB
---------------------------
John Bailey
Toronto, Canada
http://johnbeetlebailey.com
http://thedriveshed.com

James Craft

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 01:45:11 PM »

John Bailey wrote on Fri, 09 January 2009 08:26

Every Neve console (ie:A-1039) left the factory with full documentation.  There would have been a whole book for that desk with a complete set of drawings for every module in there, wire numbers, etc., etc...

I can attest to this. I bought a new 8232 in the late 80's and I actually ordered an additional set of documentation to be put away for about $400. Everything was in about 3-4 3"+ binders for each set. They left nothing un-documented.
“You’re paid to record, not erase!” ~ an annoyed Jim Dickinson to young engineer who took it upon himself to clean up the bleed on some tracks.

Nick Sevilla

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 01:56:33 PM »

a crowley wrote on Fri, 09 January 2009 05:56

where to find :

are/were  manuals printed out for earlier Neve consoles ?  there must be at least some generic books ?  I'm looking for  info for the 8068  specifically  ..... user / technical / schematics  .  All leads  would greatly be appreciated .

Thank you .

I have a set for a custom 8048.

Let me know what specific modules you are looking for, and I'll see if they're in there.

I also have in there the diagrams for the console itself. It's larger size.

The console schematics themselves might not be the same as your console, but they can be educational.

Cheers
-------------------------------------------------
It is quite possible, captain, that they find us grotesque and ugly and many people fear beings different from themselves.

www.nicksevilla.com

organica

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 11:49:47 PM »

thanks for the replies and info .... I talked to the guy who owns the console and evidently he has at least some of the stuff . I'll know more next week .

Sean Eldon Qualls

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 12:39:38 PM »

Nick Sevilla wrote on Fri, 09 January 2009 13:56

I have a set for a custom 8048.

Let me know what specific modules you are looking for, and I'll see if they're in there.

An 8068 is a much, much different console than an 8048. Input modules, bussing, inline vs. input/jukebox...
Sean Eldon
Gainfully unemployed / Back to freelancing

"Gearslutz -- Where the uneducated go to fight it out with the misinformed" - Dave Hecht

seedyunderbelly.com

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 05:49:26 PM »

Hi Andy  What about talking to Tom Herbers (I forget which one he has but it is in mpls) or Geoff Tanner He probably has everything?

j

Nick Sevilla

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 12:52:45 PM »

Oh well... still was trying to be helpful.

I forget which series had the awful change from the large format modules to the ones with smaller knobs, etc...

Probablly Geoff Tanner might have what you need then... hope he does not charge you an arm and a leg for it though... Wink

Cheers
-------------------------------------------------
It is quite possible, captain, that they find us grotesque and ugly and many people fear beings different from themselves.

www.nicksevilla.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 19 queries.