R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's your suggested MO?  (Read 1659 times)

OTR-jkl

What's your suggested MO?
« on: June 26, 2004, 12:25:26 AM »

Looks like I'm getting myself into a sortof regular deal where I will be mastering the recording of a live show. The CD will most likely be made up of takes from different shows and then edited together (by the client) to create the continuous program. I will receive the show as 2 data files - one for each set. The entire show is about 1hr 45min long and will be made up of 2 CDs, 16 tracks each.

I'm just finishing the first one and the client did a pretty good job of keeping the same sound on each song throughout the entire program. Although, each one is just different enough to require small adjustments from song to song.

Question is:
What do you recommend as the best method for me to work in order to keep each song sounding the same? We want to make the CDs sound as if it was all captured on one show... After a while, it seems I tend to drift a little and - down the road - songs start to sound different from earlier ones.

Thanks for any advice.

J Lowes ยท OTR Mastering
Professional Audio Production for Life
www.ShoutLife.com/OTRMastering

bblackwood

Re: What's your suggested MO?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2004, 11:25:07 AM »

I tend to compare the tracks I'm loading in with all the previously loaded tracks as I master a record, to insure that what seemed bright/muddy/whatever at 10AM seems the same to me later on. I think if you check each track against the previous ones as you go along, you can more easily walk the line between 'making everything sound the same' and 'having a record of mixes that sound nothing alike'...
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.