R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Optimal Mastering Room Dimensions?  (Read 10284 times)

Ed Littman

Re: Optimal Mastering Room Dimensions?
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2004, 08:02:37 PM »

That's about the size room I asked Francis Manzella about at FM Design. I'll call in next week for more details.
He pointed out The possible costs involved in a high quality surround capable mastering suite can run from $125/SF up to $400/SF. On the small scale you are talking (approx 500 SF room plus support spaces, totaling less than 1000 SF).

And furthure added  Fees for a single room mid-high level mastering suite design would run in the area of $15,000 - $18,000 for interiors fit out only. This would include everything from floor, wall and ceiling construction through acoustic finishes, electrical installation and mechanical specification along with all detailing. It does not include design or consulting required for any structure which would be additional.

Brad, is this inline in comparison to your devloping situation?
Ed

bblackwood

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2004, 08:06:39 PM »

GA told me to budget $150/foot to build plus his design and consultation (which is amazingly reasonable). Since I am building the facility on some wooded land, I can count on a bit less build-out costs as isolation won't be as hard to accomplish as it is in the city environment...
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

Ed Littman

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2004, 01:00:17 AM »

bblackwood wrote on Sat, 22 May 2004 20:06

GA told me to budget $150/foot to build plus his design and consultation (which is amazingly reasonable). Since I am building the facility on some wooded land, I can count on a bit less build-out costs as isolation won't be as hard to accomplish as it is in the city environment...

Hi Brad,
I'm interested in contacting George Augspurger.His personal info is hard to come by, so PM me if you think thats better.
In the next few months I'm about to close on a great property in Northern N.J., 3/4 of an acre & of course I'm taking over the garage. It happens to be poured cement & 24x20 from the outside, 10 ft ceiling with an attic. when I break through the attic it will dome to about 15ft.
I speak to a few well known designers before making a decision.
Thanks,
Ed

bblackwood

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2004, 03:36:27 PM »

George Augspurger
Perception Inc
537 Cerro Gordo St
Los Angeles, CA 90026
(323) 660-9351

Easy like pie.
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

Ed Littman

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2004, 04:24:23 PM »

Thank You
e

j.hall

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2004, 04:39:41 PM »

bblackwood wrote on Sun, 25 April 2004 06:09

Just remember that clapping will not excite the low freq modes determined by room dimensions - claps are high enough in freq to be controlled by surface treatments alone...

we use a .44 caliber revolver (firing blanks of course) and an Ivie PC-40 to calc RT60 in 1/3 octave bands

hand clapping is a good way to hear if you have any high frequency flutter echo.....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 18 queries.