R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Russ Berger Space Coupler  (Read 4006 times)

silverdisk

Russ Berger Space Coupler
« on: October 02, 2006, 05:28:13 PM »

Hello Francis,

thanks for coming here and sharing your knowledge, very cool.  

My questions... 1)what do you think of the auralex space coupler  (if you have seen it)?

2) Whats the deal with bass trap/ waveguide "hangers"?(John Sayers) is the panel supposed to resonate, or is it just a means of supporting insulation, have you ever designed for a system like these?

hope this was clear enough, and thank you for your time

franman

Re: Russ Berger Space Coupler
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 11:31:56 PM »

okay... the space coupler...

1. Russ is a very well known and well educated Acoustician. I have the upmost respect for his knowledge... The concept of coupling small spaces is not a new one. It's been around and mentioned (Master Handbook or Acoustics, and other texts) over the years. Russ has designed a nice looking "device" to put into the opening between the two spaces. It's an interesting and valid idea if you have the space to dedicate to making a more versatile live recording room that has adjoining "chamber" like spaces.

2. Hanging baffles.... we use em all the time. It's an economical way to fill a deep void with absorptive material as well as getting some space and some amount of membrane affect from the assembly. I don't know John Sawyers particular implementation, but we just hang 2" high density (6lb/CF) Rigid FIberglass panels behind some thickness of rigid fiberglass in the treatments framing to fill the void.... Sorry but I'm not gonna give all the specifics... can't give away the entire farm on this board... I don't really expect these panels to resonate, they are too damped by nature of the material. I do find if a practical way to hang the rigid insulation boards.
Francis Manzella - President, FM Design Ltd.
                 - Managing Director, Griffin Audio
fmdesign.com
griffinaudiousa.com

silverdisk

Re: Russ Berger Space Coupler
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 11:29:17 PM »

Francis,

How rude of me not to reply.  Just wanted to say thank you for your informative and straight forward reply, definately. Just on this forum in general, especially the bits about your big ole corner traps.  Hopefully ill get to making those someday soon.  

happy holidays
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 23 queries.