R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Room EQ Wizard will not work with Apogee symphony/rosetta 800  (Read 2508 times)

brett

Room EQ Wizard will not work with Apogee symphony/rosetta 800
« on: November 18, 2008, 04:25:46 PM »

spent hours trying to get REW working with my symphony card. The first thing I noticed was the right channel is buzzing and pulsating instead of a clean sine wave. When I calibrated the card it says "the graph is not in the correct place, file has been corrupted" When I listen to the sweep it actuall plays the test tone that you use to get the levels calibrated for about a second, then silence, then two pops then the sweep starts, but the recording ends and the graph is poping up before the sweep is even half way done playing. The result is a graph that is up and down all over the place and shoots up at 1k and cuts of some where between 3k and 6k. Some times it would go all the way up to 20k. But it is still all over the place. The etst tone itself is not playing correctly or in sync with the sample time.

I switched the to the interal sound card on my mac pro. I used a 1/8 of an inch cable to loop to the input. I ran through the calibration and it graphed flat from 20 to 22.5k. Listened with the headphones and the test tones play without the buzzing and pulsating and the sweep is in sync with the test measurment time.

Does this app have issues with some multi channel sound card drivers? I know it runs on java. I do have Java 5 installed.  But I do not have 1/8" to xlr cables needed to interface with my pre-amp and monitors. I would prefer to get the apogee working then buy more cables.

Ethan Winer

Re: Room EQ Wizard will not work with Apogee symphony/rosetta 800
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 02:48:06 PM »

I'm not a Mac guy so I can't help directly, but I have heard many times that REW does not work well on Macs. I believe the developer uses only a PC, and crosses his fingers it will work on a Mac.

If $150 is not out of the question, you'll probably do much better with FuzzMeasure:

http://www.fuzzmeasure.com

--Ethan

brett

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 05:34:49 PM »

Well, I think it will work with the built in sound card. so I am just going to find some cables, that way I can use my pc laptop as well. Fuzz Measure does look like a great app though. Maybe donw the road.  

mumbles

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 10:06:12 PM »

Brett-

Did you ever get it to work with the Mac's sound card?
I'm having issues getting REW to work on our system.

Thanks,
Seamus
Seamus
Upstate, NY
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 20 queries.