R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting new mic for 799?  (Read 7233 times)

trock

Interesting new mic for 799?
« on: November 17, 2008, 08:34:17 AM »

I don't knwo alot about innards of these things so I would be curious to hear from some of you about what he is building these with? godd stuff? better than the normal chinese stuff at this price point??

http://www.beesneezmicrophones.com.au/Studio%20Series.htm

Galil

Re: Interesting new mic for 799?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 10:09:11 AM »

Ben Sneesby, the manufacturer of these microphones is on the forum.  Perhaps he will drop by and comment on this.

It seems that there is greater interest in microphones which are not $79 and not $5,000.  This demand is being met by using the lower cost (mass produced) metal work and putting extra energy into the capsule and the electronics.

Galil

trock

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 11:28:54 AM »

oh thats cool, yeah if he could stop by that would be interesting, i found this on the GS forum and he had posted some info

BeesNeez Microphones is introducing a very affordable Hand built range of tube condenser microphones. The first installment is the Jade. The Jade spares nothing in quality, Hand drilled Capsule, American JAN Subminiature Tube, Paper in oil Capacitors and Cinemag Transformer and all point to point soldering in the microphone.

This mic is very linear, no accentuated top end and is very well balanced as well as being dead quiet.

miics

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 12:41:49 AM »

Galil wrote on Tue, 18 November 2008 01:09

Ben Sneesby, the manufacturer of these microphones is on the forum.  Perhaps he will drop by and comment on this.

It seems that there is greater interest in microphones which are not $79 and not $5,000.  This demand is being met by using the lower cost (mass produced) metal work and putting extra energy into the capsule and the electronics.

Galil

Galil, you are absolutely right.  So many people are very interested in a great sounding mic that is also affordable.

Hi Everybody, My name is Ben Sneesby owner and designer of BeesNeez Microphones.

First let me give you some background.  I have been an electronics nut for about 20 years and a musician (sax player) for 25.

I started to tinker in the land of high end audio and microphones over the last 14 years.  And for the last 7 years have been repairing, designing and rebuilding a plethora of mics and pre's.

In this time i have manufactured over 500 capsules, and re-diaphragmed just as many.

Well enough about me, let's move on

The Studio Series of BeesNeez Microphones is a very exciting line for me as it is/has taken off very quickly and the industry support is overwhelming.

There are a heap of very well made, excellent sounding microphones in the market, but let's face it, there's also alot of crud.  

THere are at the present time, companies that find a good OEM manufacturer, change 1 or 2 things, rebrand the mic and sell it at a rediculous price.  This is something that i am definatley keeping away from.

Facts;  Yes i am using an OEM mic Body, Power supply Enclosure, mount and Case.

Reasons; I am doing this to create a brand new niche in the mic market ie; a range of mics that contain the best of the best in electrical components (as good as those found in mic in the 3 - 10k range) without the 3 - 10k price tag.  

The Capsules in the Studio Range are hand drilled/milled by me and then skinned (diaphragmed) by me as well.

The tubes are NOS American and European tubes from the 1965-1985 era.  They are also military spec.

The Transformers i use are Cinemags, specifically the 2480 and the 2461nico.

The high impedance Resistors i use are manufactured in Al Hambra CA USA and are the bomb, they are so quiet and the quality control during manufacture is second to none.

The other Resistors in the circuit are BC Vishay again Manufactured in the USA.

The microphone itself contains Not a single Electrolytic Capacitor, all caps used are Paper in Oil or MKP.  For those of you that know caps, you'll know these are the best.  These Capacitors are manufactured in Europe.

I don't use any Printed Circuit Boards in the mic body, all circuitry is point to point wired using tag Strip/Boards as were U47's, C12's, Ela M250/1's etc etc.

I am confident enough as a manufacturer to offer a money back guarantee on the Entire BeesNeez Range and also a lifetime warranty, so what this means is that if you buy a BeesNeez Microphone, you have a working mic that sounds every bit as good as new for life.

You might wonder how i can do these mics at this price, but perhaps you should be asking how others can get away with charging the prices they are charging.  

Sure building up a company, brand and reputation costs money, but i think the industry is growing and technology is now available to the masses.  Rather than producing just microphones that can only be sought by the select few, i am trying offer the same quality of sound in a much more affordable package without sacrificing some of the most important parts ie; capsule, tube and transformer etc.

If there are some that question my skill as a capsule builder, the fact that i build them for Pearlman's flagship TM1 and the money back guarantee should build your confidence somewhat.

I don't claim to know everything about everything, but i will happily stack a BeesNeez Microphone up against any other microphone in the market place.

I have seen some quotes regarding chinese components (resistors, capacitors and tubes) that they are better and more accurate than NOS and USA/Euopean brands, but last time i checked, oscilliscopes didn't buy CD's or have an i-tunes account!!

My business model is simple, not too much advertising, let word of mouth do the business and Never lose contact with what Customers want from a mic.

If any of you want to chat, i am always available (please take note of the time zones, i have 3.5 children and a 2am cranky boss) You can call me on +61 419 481 569 or email too.

Cheers.

trock

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 08:19:34 AM »

Hey Ben

Thanks for the info, sounds exciting for you and especially for alot of us who cannot afford the top of the line, brand mics.

i hopefully will be in a position to try one after the holidays

good luck with the business to!

miics

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 08:57:11 AM »

Thanks Tim.  btw, i will be releasing the next in the studio series, The James in 2 weeks.  

MagnetoSound

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 11:18:35 AM »

miics wrote on Thu, 20 November 2008 13:57

The James ...

A nephew? Smile

Music can make me get right up out of my chair and start dancing or it can get me so pumped up I have to walk around the block.
It can also knock me back and make me sit there and cry like a little baby. This shit is as powerful as any drug!!!
- Larry DeVivo

miics

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 03:50:10 PM »

MagnetoSound wrote on Fri, 21 November 2008 02:18

The James ...

A nephew? Smile

Yes, wow you are something else,  Surprised

MagnetoSound

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 03:57:50 PM »

miics wrote on Thu, 20 November 2008 20:50

MagnetoSound wrote on Fri, 21 November 2008 02:18

The James ...

A nephew? Smile

Yes, wow you are something else,  Surprised

Aw, not at all! Having perused your website it was a logical assumption to make. Cool

Good luck with the business, you seem to have have found a niche and you clearly have the passion.

Music can make me get right up out of my chair and start dancing or it can get me so pumped up I have to walk around the block.
It can also knock me back and make me sit there and cry like a little baby. This shit is as powerful as any drug!!!
- Larry DeVivo

fiasco ( P.M.DuMont )

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 04:08:32 PM »

A love of his family and, it seems, a love of his craft.

Excellent.

I too, money permitting, will look to support your endeavor.

Best of luck.
Philip

hargerst

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 12:05:17 AM »

Welcome aboard, Ben.  I like your philosophy and I'm sure you'll do well.  Pictures of some of the mics on your website would certainly help.

Harvey "Is that the right note?" Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio

eightyeightkeys

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2008, 01:48:32 PM »

Hi Ben and welcome.

It's great to hear from you directly about your design and build philosophy. It's particularly refreshing to know that someone out there is making :

a range of mics that contain the best of the best in electrical components (as good as those found in mic in the 3 - 10k range) without the 3 - 10k price tag.

This can only be possible in a small company without committees and bean counters that would tell you why this is not possible.

Yes, pics would be great.
Dave T.
D&D Music

miics

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2008, 04:59:09 PM »

If you follow this link, you can hear some files of the BeesNeez James and the BeesNeez Jade.

and I'll get some pics and a new site very soon.  thanks.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/3 48702-beesneez-jade-opinions-users.html#post3728091

chlpark

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 03:31:56 AM »

Would it be possible to post some pics of your capsules?

Lou Ximenez

miics

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2008, 06:44:41 AM »

chlpark wrote on Wed, 17 December 2008 18:31

Would it be possible to post some pics of your capsules?

Lou Ximenez

Sure here it is.  Mine is the one on the left.  the one on the right is an original K47.

Cheers

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.