R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sarah Palin blamed by the US Secret Service over death threats against Barack Obama  (Read 5906 times)

grantis

Larrchild wrote on Mon, 10 November 2008 18:48

Republicans love sequels.

You CAN'T tell me you didn't LOVE Back To the Future III.
Grant Craig
Nuovo Music (Me)
Skiddco Music (Where I work)
Work History (Well, some of it anyway)

Larrchild

Quote:

You CAN'T tell me you didn't LOVE Back To the Future III.

I just don't want to live in "Biff-World", Grant.
We came damn close.
Larry Janus
http://2ubes.net

grantis

no, no, no, that was II, I'm talking about III, the Ol' West.
Grant Craig
Nuovo Music (Me)
Skiddco Music (Where I work)
Work History (Well, some of it anyway)

Scott Helmke (Scodiddly)

Re: Love is Kinda Crazy With a Spooky Little Girl Like You
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2008, 10:19:13 PM »

cerberus wrote on Sun, 09 November 2008 23:59

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/images/gallery/bristol-palin-sarah-palin.jpg

Little kids, like cats, can see things the rest of us can't.  Though I would predict that little girl is a more righteous troublemaker than the rest of the family.  Hopefully in a good, Lisa Simpson, way.
http://www.scotthelmke.com/team-downbeat-1.jpg

Larrchild

index.php/fa/10329/0/
Here's another crestfallen Republican family upon hearing "They Don't Like me...They really Don't Like Me" in 2006.
She'll grow up to be a campaign operative for them, so I'm not worried.
Tut-tut, little republican. This too will pass.
Larry Janus

Hank Alrich

What y'all got against sequins??

rnicklaus

The GOP has spent 7 years saying that the terrorists are out to kill all Americans.

The GOP candidates running for President this year ran their campaign on Obama is a terrorist.

Gee, I wonder why/how this got out of hand with the GOP faithful......
R.N.

RSettee

rnicklaus wrote on Mon, 10 November 2008 22:02

The GOP has spent 7 years saying that the terrorists are out to kill all Americans.

The GOP candidates running for President this year ran their campaign on Obama is a terrorist.

Gee, I wonder why/how this got out of hand with the GOP faithful......

Fear= an incredible national suppressant. There's something every year. Y2K. Avian Bird Flu. Mad Cow Disease (the beef economy was in deep trouble here for a while). West Nile Virus. The guy down the street wearing a turban may not be a terrorist, but hey, you have no proof that he's not a terrorist, so he must be a terrorist, because you don't want to take any chances. Obama Bin Laden. Gun toting crazy down the street. The boogeyman under your bed (hide under your sheets to save yourself!). It's all relevant.

rnicklaus

Speaking of fear and enemies - doesn't the GOP count as one of their biggest accomplishments Ronald Reagan "winning" the cold war?

Russia isn't acting so beaten these days.

It's amazing what can happen under a one issue president like Bush.  His eye was off every ball but Iraq.

Mission Accomplished indeed.

The damage done to America under Bush is only just starting to reveal itself.  

R.N.

Larrchild

Quote:

Fear= an incredible national suppressant. There's something every year. Y2K. Avian Bird Flu. Mad Cow Disease (the beef economy was in deep trouble here for a while). West Nile Virus.

index.php/fa/10333/0/
You left out that Sanjaya guy.
That one really scared me.
Larry Janus

Hank Alrich

rnicklaus wrote on Mon, 10 November 2008 20:35

Speaking of fear and enemies - doesn't the GOP count as one of their biggest accomplishments Ronald Reagan "winning" the cold war?

Randy,

Here's a view from a Russian guy in a note crossposted into RMMGA in an OT Palin thread. I found it interesting:

Quote:

> He brought down the USSR and freed Eastern Europe. That's not bad.

This is a popular story of US ministry of truth. Here is what happened in the reality:

USSR had built up the strong dependency on the money from the oil export. Not just the technologies but the common stuff like food was largely imported. When in 80x the oil prices went down, the USSR government started borrowing money and spending the people pension savings as well as all other reserves. At one moment of time, they found themselves in the situation when the reserves were spent and nobody was willing to lend money (sounds familiar, huh?). There were two possible solutions: turn the country to something like North Korea or surrender some positions to the West so they will pay money for that. Gorbatchov decided on the second variant. However, as he was trying to balance between right and left, he lost the control over the development of the situation. As for the holy saint Ronald Reagan, he simply took the advantage of the moment as anyone in his position would do.

This story must remind some wildly enthusiastic people about the other big country which developed the strong dependency of the cheap oil and the foreign imports, and there came the moment when nobody was willing to lend money to them. So that country decided to spend the people savings, go to the war and try some other things. Let's see what happens
next.

Vladimir Vassilevsky
DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant
http://www.abvolt.com

RSettee

Quote:

This story must remind some wildly enthusiastic people about the other big country which developed the strong dependency of the cheap oil and the foreign imports, and there came the moment when nobody was willing to lend money to them. So that country decided to spend the people savings, go to the war and try some other things. Let's see what happens next.

That's an interesting tidbit--especially considering that the USSR spent pension savings and reserves. I speculate that the US has done alot of that, and now they're trying to gamble big and win everything back with one big hand. That gamble, IMHO, was the continued war in Iraq, over numerous years, instead of a couple or a few. It reminds me of how a father may have to face up to his children after he gambled away their college fund....at some point, nobody wants to lend you money to gamble, because you lose it. Good gamblers walk away when they're ahead, decent gamblers also walk away when they've lost a small but manageable amount. Bad gamblers try to dump unlimited amounts into the fate of luck and hope that it eventually swings their way, or they're simply unhappy with mild, realistic wins. In other words, their own greed puts them under.

mgod

Re: Love is Kinda Crazy With a Spooky Little Girl Like You
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2008, 10:03:51 AM »

rnicklaus wrote on Sun, 09 November 2008 23:42

Sarah Palin, the family values candidate, turned her unwed, pregnant teen daughter into some kind of heroic family win to the conservatives.

Fox News did not spin very kindly towards Britney Spears sister - pregnant at the same age.  They blamed the lack of parenting.

Hypocrisy anyone?

But because of that, anyone who now tries to demonize teenage pregnancy will have the legacy of Bristol and Sarah Palin and the entire 2008 Republican party to deal with. "It was good enough for a Republican VP candidate's family, and its good enough for mine!"

Although, admittedly, this approach hasn't worked out too well for wife-beaters, pederasts and closeted gays. But its worked fine for white men who abandon ill wives.

DS
"There IS no Coolometer." - Larry Janus

KAyo

I think, Obama is bound to get a few folks a bit knotted. But, that was well expected.

The important thing here is, look at everything with a fresh outlook. Out of the BOX type. Many an unexpected situations up ahead. It’s best not to panic or alarmed by it all. Instead, fortify the feeling that “times are a changing” and to recognize it. A new page has turned on us all, and that humanity, is evolving as per normal, and the universe will keep unwrapping itself on us all.

Positivity is contagious and the only answer. Amen!

Kayo
http://www.Kantabiz.com
Business Video Directory

MagnetoSound

KAyo wrote on Sun, 16 November 2008 05:55

Positivity is contagious and the only answer. Amen!

Amen!

Music can make me get right up out of my chair and start dancing or it can get me so pumped up I have to walk around the block.
It can also knock me back and make me sit there and cry like a little baby. This shit is as powerful as any drug!!!
- Larry DeVivo

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.