R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Summing question..  (Read 1358 times)

binary

Summing question..
« on: November 09, 2008, 05:40:45 AM »

Hello..

I've recently been printing my itb mixes back through a pair of preamps..
This has worked out nicely.

Following on from discovering that I can build preamps of equal or better quality than my DAV, at a VERY affordable (if not cheap) price.. I've come to the conclusion that I could build quite a few of these (maybe 16) plus a psu, and possibly add some sort of faders, maybe.. Simply, making a basic console with 16 good pres..

Would this also work as a summing device? If I were to add to extra summing amps for the 2 bus?

I basically have the idea of making a hugely simple desk without any e.q or aux.. simply with direct outs and a 2 bus.. to use as standalone pre's and as a summing box.

I think this could be done very cheaply you see..

Plus I wanna get stuck in with my pops at making something wicked.. And I need a summing box!
laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone

mixwell

Re: Summing question..
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 02:52:45 PM »

Well you still have to figure out the summing rail. You'd have your input channels sorted, [are they line capable as well?] Using an active combining amplifier is of course different than simply running a stereo line program signal though a pair of mic amps. So, the 2-buss is important here and worth working out. There are probably more ways to do this, than can be described in a post, but a real chop and screwed, quick and dirty version might just be to have the 16 inputs channels, direct outputs feed a passive summing box like the Roll RMS16, [or DIY passive summing rail] and then on-to your pair of mic amps to make up the gain.

I would search in the Tech forum http://recforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/f/30/17028/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 18 queries.