R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: November 15  (Read 12303 times)

Les Ismore

Re: November 15
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2008, 02:00:33 AM »

Naomi Klein has written a book about whats going on called the "Shock Doctrine, the
Rise of Disaster Capitalism".
You may have heard about it. Here's a like to a short film about the book made with the director of "Children of Men".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv-_8lLke6g

pretty accurate.

her book:

http://www.naomiklein.org/shock-doctrine
Pete Honychurch - Fluid Sound
http://www.myspace.com/PeteHonychurch

John Ivan

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2008, 03:04:12 AM »

MDM, wrote on Thu, 13 November 2008 06:54

I hate this as much, if not more than you do, but unfortunately that is how I see it from a technical point of view..

try and do the same thing with a model.. there is no way.

First of all, I would like to know what the hell you mean be the first part of the quote above.. How is it that you hate what happened in NY, "MORE" than me?

Secondly, your assertions regarding how these buildings fell are nonsense.. You have described one of perhaps hundreds of ways these buildings could have come down..

It is not even remotely possible for you to know.. The "Use" of all this energy can only be guessed at in this situation. They did not plan on a 767 entering the building at over 400mph ground speed. They planed for a jet hitting the building configured for the Pattern at one of the local airports. If this had been the case, the jet would have ended up all over the ground and the building would have been fully operational within a month. They did not plan for this, and the results could not be known by anyone. There certainly is no ACTUAL REASON to believe what you have claimed. None at all. Go ask people who clean up bad car wrecks. They can tell you. So can the designers of the cars. When they go fast and hit big things that don't move, all bets are off. There's just to many things at play to know how a car will come apart at 100 MPH into a tree. It's very different every time.

No one can no what this will mean until it happens. Period. Again, this is not knowable. All that can be said at that point is that the building has been weakened in ways that could take days to understand if the building doesn't fall before we can collect the data.

You are simply pretending. Again.. I thought this was settled. My goodness.

Ivan.....................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

John Ivan

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2008, 03:13:37 AM »

Les Ismore wrote on Fri, 14 November 2008 02:00

Naomi Klein has written a book about whats going on called the "Shock Doctrine, the
Rise of Disaster Capitalism".
You may have heard about it. Here's a like to a short film about the book made with the director of "Children of Men".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv-_8lLke6g

pretty accurate.

her book:

http://www.naomiklein.org/shock-doctrine

Yes, I've seen her interviewed a number of times. I have not yet read the book. I'm afraid I'm behind on my reading. I miss doing a lot of reading. She's on my list. A very interesting person, who is clearly very smart and has a perspective on things.. Very thoughtful.

Ivan..................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

MDM,

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2008, 08:34:59 AM »

ssltech wrote on Thu, 13 November 2008 14:24

Here's how.

Watch it.

I'll take engineering and informed study over wild speculative lunacy any day.

Keith

uh uh... right keith.. LOTS of engineering in that clip..

sort of like those 'resonant' wooden knobs for stereos.
I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy .. in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry and music.
John Adams (1735-1826) 2nd President, United States

Jon Hodgson

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2008, 08:59:55 AM »

MDM, wrote on Fri, 14 November 2008 13:34

ssltech wrote on Thu, 13 November 2008 14:24

Here's how.

Watch it.

I'll take engineering and informed study over wild speculative lunacy any day.

Keith

The series of videos is a synopsis of a HUGE amount of engineering, as the guy explains at the start.

You'd prefer it perhaps if they showed you the net list they used for the modelling, because with your in depth understanding of construction, physics and collapse you'd spot the errors they must obviously have made?

ssltech

« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2008, 09:59:21 AM »

MDM, wrote

Tsk, Max... -You're capable of a better response than that.

-Because yes, there really IS a colossal amount of engineering analysis which has gone into it. -Far more than you'd be capable of on your own, as anyone here will -I've absolutely no doubt- appreciate.

-If you really mean what you wrote above, you've proven yourself to be a far greater fool than I would ever set out hoping to prove...

Keith
MDM (maxdimario) wrote on Fri, 16 November 2007 21:36

I have the feeling that I have more experience in my little finger than you do in your whole body about audio electronics..

PaulyD

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2008, 10:46:16 AM »

...erm...getting back to Max's original post, the G20 are in fact scheduled to meet tomorrow and, according to the news, one of the things they will discuss is a new economic regulatory body with global authority. That's what they are saying on the news. There is no question in my mind that a contingency plan is already drawn up and being tweaked as needed for the day when the economies of the industrialized world come grinding to a halt, and no one can figure out how to get them rolling again. Is it so far fetched to think this won't be discussed behind the closed doors of the G20 meeting? It's not a conspiracy theory either. This is being done right in front of us. It's just that a lot of people either don't read the news or don't understand the implications of it.

btw, Max, those FEMA coffins are designed to hold as many as 3 adults.

Paul

Jon Hodgson

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2008, 11:14:21 AM »

PaulyD wrote on Fri, 14 November 2008 15:46

...erm...getting back to Max's original post, the G20 are in fact scheduled to meet tomorrow and, according to the news, one of the things they will discuss is a new economic regulatory body with global authority. That's what they are saying on the news. There is no question in my mind that a contingency plan is already drawn up and being tweaked as needed for the day when the economies of the industrialized world come grinding to a halt, and no one can figure out how to get them rolling again. Is it so far fetched to think this won't be discussed behind the closed doors of the G20 meeting? It's not a conspiracy theory either. This is being done right in front of us. It's just that a lot of people either don't read the news or don't understand the implications of it.

Paul

A regulatory body is not a single currency. You put two finance ministers in the same room for a cup of tea and a biscuit and you'll get bloggers all over the world going "they're talking about a single currency, they want to take over the world"

Most of the references I've seen have been to a "new Bretton Woods", which was the agreement that existed from the end of the second world war to 1972, and included rules on maintaining exchange rates.

The question you have to ask is, are we better off with internationally coordinated financial regulations? If the answer is yes, then you have to also have bodies that can investigate and prosecute those regulations that have international recognition and authority.

mgod

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2008, 11:39:15 AM »

John Ivan wrote on Fri, 14 November 2008 00:13

Yes, I've seen her interviewed a number of times. I have not yet read the book. I'm afraid I'm behind on my reading. I miss doing a lot of reading. She's on my list. A very interesting person, who is clearly very smart and has a perspective on things.. Very thoughtful.

Ivan..................

John Ivan wrote on Thu, 13 November 2008 11:43

test one at the entry chime. Combat the fortune as it runs through olive mans edging for the sake of time. Combine the moral force of all who clinch the big one.

This is my advise to you all.. Go in peace..
"There IS no Coolometer." - Larry Janus

John Ivan

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2008, 01:37:38 PM »

mgod wrote on Fri, 14 November 2008 11:39

John Ivan wrote on Fri, 14 November 2008 00:13

Ivan..................

John Ivan wrote on Thu, 13 November 2008 11:43

test one at the entry chime. Combat the fortune as it runs through olive mans edging for the sake of time. Combine the moral force of all who clinch the big one.

This is my advise to you all.. Go in peace..

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

What?? These things go together just fine!! Ya know, I'm a poet. Like Jim Morrison Rolling Eyes

Ivan.........

mgod

« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2008, 02:17:01 PM »

Shock tactics:

Paulson's Swindle Revealed:

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20081110/greider2?rel

We're all Chileans now.

1) Son of Bush family partners attacks US while Bush scion is in White House, however he got there.

2) Effort begins within hours to tie attack to another party, the ever demonizable Iraq, home of the worlds 2nd largest oil supply, and easiest one to get to. IN THE MEANTIME, the CIA goes after bin Laden and Rumsfeld refuses support, waiting 30 days until CIA has taken massive losses, and allowing Bush family partner's son to get away. Public is lied into thinking Iraq has anything to do with any of this.

3) MASSIVE transfer of public funds to private hands begins to military suppliers, oil-services companies, etc. with planning for decades long occupation of Iraq.

4) Country is in huge debt as result of all this, as consequences of "Reaganism" start to take a toll. Because of already extant massive debt, public starts to panic and permits even bigger transfer of public hands to financial services sector.

DS
"There IS no Coolometer." - Larry Janus

John Ivan

« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2008, 08:43:26 PM »

Jon Hodgson wrote on Fri, 14 November 2008 11:14

PaulyD wrote on Fri, 14 November 2008 15:46

Paul

A regulatory body is not a single currency. You put two finance ministers in the same room for a cup of tea and a biscuit and you'll get bloggers all over the world going "they're talking about a single currency, they want to take over the world"

Most of the references I've seen have been to a "new Bretton Woods", which was the agreement that existed from the end of the second world war to 1972, and included rules on maintaining exchange rates.

The question you have to ask is, are we better off with internationally coordinated financial regulations? If the answer is yes, then you have to also have bodies that can investigate and prosecute those regulations that have international recognition and authority.

Jon has a better grasp of history than I, But this is generally how I wanted to reply as well. The first part of your post here, Jon ,is the point I was going to make.. Indeed.

Ivan///////////

MDM,

« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2008, 07:33:51 AM »

Quote:

UGH!

that's sick.. so the size must be engineered as being ideal size/weight ratio.

I have my doubts still, could they be for some other use?

I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy .. in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry and music.
John Adams (1735-1826) 2nd President, United States

jimlongo

« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2008, 11:03:53 AM »

For those who want to try to spot the devil's horns sprouting from the heads of the attendees . . .

index.php/fa/10380/0/

Edvaard

« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2008, 12:26:24 PM »

jimlongo wrote on Sat, 15 November 2008 11:03

For those who want to try to spot the devil's horns sprouting from the heads of the attendees . . .

I would say "front and center" but the horns actually belong to the string puller (Cheney), not the puppet.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 19 queries.