R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pro Tools Midi 8.0.4  (Read 4738 times)

Sam The Soundman

Pro Tools Midi 8.0.4
« on: August 03, 2010, 05:56:41 PM »

Ok so I now have the update for Pro Tools LE 8.0.4
However, I cannot seem to get my keyboard working in midi sequencing. I've read a couple different ways to make midi track but not sure if I'm doing it right. And I don't know if all the midi patching in protools or the keyboard is correct either.

I have just a small yamaha keyboard connected to a Digi003r via 2 midi cables. 1 going in-out and the other out-in. Then in protools in peripherals, i have it setup to read ANY midi controller input and MTC.
I've tried to just make an instrument track and adding the instrument effect and it keeps saying (No control). Then ive tried to make a midi track, then an aux track to insert an instrument sound and I still can't get anywhere.

Can someone help me????

PS. If i make a template, I can sometimes get it to work with something premade. However, I'm wanting to add some midi tracks for synth and piano, organ to an existing
Sam The Sound Man!

j.hall

Re: Pro Tools Midi 8.0.4
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 10:40:24 PM »

this kind of troubleshooting can be maddening.  sorry i can't help much, i'm a midi moron.....

nCole

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 11:09:03 PM »

Ahhhh MIDI on LE. I had similar problems when I tried to use it. Sometimes it worked. Sometimes it didn't. Furious restarts until it worked. To this day I have little dents on my desk where I hit my head repeatedly... HD has never been a problem and the sores on my forehead have finally healed!

grantis

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 12:01:38 AM »

first thing's first.  what yamaha keyboard do you have?
Grant Craig
Nuovo Music (Me)
Skiddco Music (Where I work)
Work History (Well, some of it anyway)

compasspnt

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 08:46:46 AM »

And did it work BEFORE the update to PT8? (Meaning in 7.x)

KB_S1

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 11:53:05 AM »

Are you trying to use the keyboard to input MIDI notes, as a keyboard. Or, are you trying to use the sequencer element of your Yamaha?

Just to clarify before going any further.
<a href="http://www.parklanerecordingstudios.com/" class="link3">Park Lane Studio</a> Where to find me most of the time<br /><br />

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/kb_s1/" class="link3">Flickr</a>where to see what I have been up to  <br /><br />

Josh McArdle

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 04:21:54 PM »

If you're running on a Mac, try bringing up the Digidesign Core Audio Manager. Allows you to test the connection and gives you a graphic display of what's hooked up to where.

Must be a similar thing on Windows, but I wouldn't know.  

Nick Sevilla

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 11:35:38 PM »

Hi Sam,

Mac, or PC?

I have Mac, so here the situation :

You have to open the utility applications folder (inside the Applications folder) and open the Audio Midi Setup application (AMS for short).

Then there you either already have an icon representing your Yamaha keyboard.

If you do, double click on it, and ensure it is set up properly.
Is it greyed out? Then the drivers are not active, not installed, or corrupt. Reinstall the drivers.

If you do not see a keyboard icon representing your Yamaha, then you need to create a new device, and then set it up properly.

If you are on a PC, you need to ensure the computer sees the Yamaha MIDI drivers. Depending on which Winblows software you are using, it can be easy or a nightmare to set up properly. Alas it is beyond my field of knowledge. I swore off making music on PCs over a decade ago.

Cheers
-------------------------------------------------
It is quite possible, captain, that they find us grotesque and ugly and many people fear beings different from themselves.

www.nicksevilla.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.