R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Please help me to help a Republican to not fear Obama  (Read 2915 times)

John Ivan

Re: Please help me to help a Republican to not fear Obama
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2008, 07:07:53 PM »

OK, zmix,

If she is going to ask these questions about Sen. Obama. Tell her that I want her to please do the following.

"We don't know him"

Explain what this means. And explain what it is she believes she knows about McCain. She might be shocked to find that she actually knows more about Obama in the end. There are some pretty scary questions about what we may not know about McCains' activity over the years. We can account, almost literally, for  every DAY of Obamas' life.

"He's Muslim"

Please have her find any serious evidence of this. When and where did he commit to this religion? Where does he "worship"? Is his wife also a Muslim?.. If there IS such evidence, is there something "wrong" with Muslims to begin with?

"The Ayers thing"

Ask her to find out how many republicans were on the same board with Obama and Ayers. Ask her who requested the presence of each of these men on this board and then ask her to find out how many of THEM are supporting and/or know Sen. McCain. Also, look into how many serious criminals McCain has hung out with. How completely reckless was John McCain throughout his life? It's amazing and troubling.

"Reverend Wright"

If she is worried about a whacked out Christian guy where Obama used to go to church, why is she concerned that he's a Muslim? Which is it? Is Obama a Christian or a Muslim?.. Also, have her take a look at the mentally ill preachers that Mr. McCain seems to except as supporters of his bid for the White House.

Then, have her read what some of the most serious people in the country have to say about Mr. Obama. Some of these people really are seen as being among the very smartest public officials in the country, from BOTH the conservative and Liberal "think Tanks" around the country.

If she is not willing to do a couple days of reading about who this cat is, where he came from, what he believes, and what drove him to run for office, then she has to admit she is part of the problem. This might be a wonderful woman, and she is clearly a friend to your lovely wife so I wont beat her up anymore, and I'm sorry if I've been harsh on one of your friends. But we are IN THIS MESS because otherwise good people like her refuse to pay attention!

There really is a responsibility we have as Americans to know something about the issues and vote. I know we have the right to stay home, or vote based on nothing if that's what we decide to do. But I think this speaks to the least in us. Not the most. Ask her to get serious for the sake of our kids.

Ivan...........................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

Larrchild

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2008, 07:17:56 PM »

I would guess, based on his misinformation, that he is probably a 4-bit processor. So, as mentioned, "fight or flight" instincts are all you have. Therefore.. FEAR. It's what got him to this point.

Play the trial scene from "The Cain Mutiny" where Bogart melts down, and say "Is this what you Want?"
Larry Janus
http://2ubes.net

John Ivan

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2008, 07:23:47 PM »

zmix,

I referred to your girlfriend as your wife.. Sorry..

I also assumed for some reason that this friend was female. Sorry..

I don't know why I made these mistakes except to say that I woke up at 4:00 PM. I'm all turned around..

Again, sorry for the mistakes.

Ivan.............................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

Larrchild

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2008, 08:03:13 PM »

We don't know male or female here actually.
But available bits matter more to know how to program.
Larry Janus
http://2ubes.net

RSettee

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2008, 08:23:55 PM »

zmix wrote on Wed, 29 October 2008 13:18

My girlfriend has a friend who is going to vote McCain't because of the following "important" reasons...
(and here come the talking points):

"We don't know him"
"He's Muslim"
"The Ayers thing"
"Reverend Wright"

Are there gentle online resources to help clarify such misinformation and dispell fear?

First they would have to not be a racist, Chuck. Good luck fighting that one.

As for the other people who perhaps aren't racist, but have bought into the boogeyman mentality that the Republicans have harvested, as other people have mentioned, the next way to solve this problem is to get to the root of the fear tactics. But good luck on that one, too, because once a child is convinced the boogeyman is under his/ her bed, once you convince them that they're not under the bed, they're not entirely convinced that the boogeyman hasn't moved to the closet.

In other words, there's a shifting of fear tactics that have been both actually imposed by the Republicans, and then there's the fear that's created by letting the human mind fester under the paranoia of what they think that the NEW fear might be.

danickstr

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2008, 09:20:27 PM »

Just show them this picture...

index.php/fa/10250/0/

That should put them at ease....
Nick Dellos - MCPE  

Food for thought for the future:              http://http://www.kurzweilai.net/" target="_blank">http://www.kurzweilai.net/www.physorg.com

Edvaard

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2008, 03:57:32 AM »

John Ivan wrote on Wed, 29 October 2008 19:07

"The Ayers thing"

Ask her to find out how many republicans were on the same board with Obama and Ayers. Ask her who requested the presence of each of these men on this board and then ask her to find out how many of THEM are supporting and/or know Sen. McCain. Also, look into how many serious criminals McCain has hung out with. How completely reckless was John McCain throughout his life? It's amazing and troubling.

Ivan...........................

On this issue, tell the friend also to ask Chicago's Mayor Daley about Ayers;

"I also know Bill Ayers. He worked with me in shaping our now nationally-renowned school reform program. He is a nationally-recognized distinguished professor of education at the University of Illinois/Chicago and a valued member of the Chicago community."

Yes, Daley is a Democrat but as pointed out above, at least several republicans have every bit as much "ties to this terrorist" as Obama.

Berolzheimer

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2008, 12:55:53 PM »

Tell your friend to watch Rachel Maddow's interview with Obama:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/30/rachel-maddow-inter views_n_139402.html
The film sound side of my life:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0077235/

A bunch of songs I've recorded and/or mixed are here:
http://www.zget.me/billionaires/
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 16 queries.