R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: IMP20 Discussion  (Read 15670 times)

Firefly

Re: IMP20 Discussion
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2008, 09:49:36 AM »

JCMastering wrote on Mon, 17 November 2008 14:53

Also , having reviewed this many entries and judging by the how little feedback has been received so far , may I suggest that to make the discussion easier the participants be split into groups. Reviewing 10 to 15 entries at a time would be more manageable.

+1. Maybe if the it was done as weekly thing, with say five to ten mixes. That way the guys with more confidence/skills could go first and the guys who are still scratching around in the dark would have a much better idea of what to aim for before they started. Mainly though it would make it much easier to relate what other people are saying about the other mixes, not just your own. Just a thought, and sorry for my late entry to this discussion (work overload/lack of studio access/crapped out internet yada yada)

Anyway, in this song I thought the most important thing was the vocal (which I really liked by the way), as it's really carrying the "identity" of this song. Thats where I focused most of my efforts, Conversely though, I can't believe the tuning didn't bug me! half a semitone ?!?!?! Shocked even listening to it now I can hear where its going out, but its weird, it's still not jumping out and smacking me over the head like half a semitone should. Time to do some more ear training...

Also on the theme of vocals, our vocalist seemed to develop a speech impediment in a couple of submissions (Mkane was one, can't remember who else). I think so far only Adam mentioned this in his reviews and I thought it bore repeating that care should be taken with de-esser settings - especially on such an exposed vocal. But take that with a pinch of salt as it seems I was overly conservative with mine...

Beyond that I didn't really pick up on anything that hasn't been mentioned, though thanks to everyone for their reviews!  Surprised  

fala

Re: IMP20 Discussion
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2008, 12:27:52 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 19 queries.