Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT  (Read 3159 times)

ssltech

Re: WHAT
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2008, 10:21:24 PM »

In the wrong order... the Daleks were not 'controlled' (we obey no-one!!!) but were autonomous, self-replicating beings. They were brought into being (originally 'designed') by their creator, "Kaled". (an anagram of "dalek" in case you didn't spot it.) His right-hand man was named Nyder.

The original music was produced, created and recorded at the BBC radiophonic workshop, I believe by Delia Derbyshire.... look her up, she was an ABSOLUTE GENIUS, and there's even material on YouTube about her.

They actually fired a sort of ray rather than a bullet as such, but it came from something resembling a whisk when I was growing up, although the weapon design has evolved over time.

...God, I'm such a geek. -I remind myself of whoever wrote this:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll19/terje_77/theforce1.jpg

Keith
MDM (maxdimario) wrote on Fri, 16 November 2007 21:36

I have the feeling that I have more experience in my little finger than you do in your whole body about audio electronics..

Hallams

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2008, 10:36:01 PM »

Great stuff Keith,..... especially the letter Laughing

I knew the gun was some sort of zapper, and hold firmly to the theory that the wand in Starwars must be a development of the same technology.
Chris Hallam.
Melbourne, Australia.

MagnetoSound

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2008, 03:53:12 AM »

ssltech wrote on Thu, 09 October 2008 03:21

In the wrong order... the Daleks were not 'controlled' (we obey no-one!!!) but were autonomous, self-replicating beings. They were brought into being (originally 'designed') by their creator, "Kaled". (an anagram of "dalek" in case you didn't spot it.) His right-hand man was named Nyder.

The original music was produced, created and recorded at the BBC radiophonic workshop, I believe by Delia Derbyshire.... look her up, she was an ABSOLUTE GENIUS, and there's even material on YouTube about her.

Keith, you're so close, but you forgot his name!

The Daleks were created by Davros, chief scientist of the Kaled race. He is crippled (shades of Strangelove) and sits in a wheelchair that looks like the bottom half of a dalek. He has been left for dead many times, but has a peculiar talent for comebacks. He is quite insane.

Davros, played by the late Michael Wisher, led the Kaleds into war against the Thals on Skaro, and the dalek casing (or 'Mark Three Travel Machine') was prepared as a defensive mode of transport for the mutations (the Daleks) that he genetically engineered as successors to the Kaled race, which he saw as weak, "afflicted with a conscience". The Daleks were the ultimate eugenic experiment, bred simply to exterminate (or subjugate) and become master race of the entire universe.

Nyder was played by the great Peter Miles. Here is something I didn't know about Peter Miles (from Wikipedia):

Peter Miles is also an accomplished jazz singer. He was a childhood friend of the legendary soul singer Dusty Springfield; in fact the first recording Dusty ever made was with Peter on guitar, as referenced in a biography of Dusty Springfield broadcast by The South Bank Show on April 9, 2006, in which Miles also appeared.

Delia Derbyshire did produce the awesome theme tune - she was indeed an absolute genius, but it was composed of course by the late, great Ron Grainer.

Who's the geek?   Very Happy

Dan

Genesis Of The Daleks
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JafBe8rA16k&feature=relat ed

Alchemists Of Sound - The BBC Radiophonic Workshop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKPGzX5kZd0

Music can make me get right up out of my chair and start dancing or it can get me so pumped up I have to walk around the block.
It can also knock me back and make me sit there and cry like a little baby. This shit is as powerful as any drug!!!
- Larry DeVivo

Barkley McKay

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2008, 08:40:47 AM »

MagnetoSound wrote on Thu, 09 October 2008 08:53

ssltech wrote on Thu, 09 October 2008 03:21

Keith, you're so close, but you forgot his name!

The Daleks were created by Davros, chief scientist of the Kaled race. He is crippled (shades of Strangelove) and sits in a wheelchair that looks like the bottom half of a dalek. He has been left for dead many times, but has a peculiar talent for comebacks. He is quite insane.

Davros, played by the late Michael Wisher, led the Kaleds into war against the Thals on Skaro, and the dalek casing (or 'Mark Three Travel Machine') was prepared as a defensive mode of transport for the mutations (the Daleks) that he genetically engineered as successors to the Kaled race, which he saw as weak, "afflicted with a conscience". The Daleks were the ultimate eugenic experiment, bred simply to exterminate (or subjugate) and become master race of the entire universe.

Nyder was played by the great Peter Miles. Here is something I didn't know about Peter Miles (from Wikipedia):

Peter Miles is also an accomplished jazz singer. He was a childhood friend of the legendary soul singer Dusty Springfield; in fact the first recording Dusty ever made was with Peter on guitar, as referenced in a biography of Dusty Springfield broadcast by The South Bank Show on April 9, 2006, in which Miles also appeared.

Delia Derbyshire did produce the awesome theme tune - she was indeed an absolute genius, but it was composed of course by the late, great Ron Grainer.

Who's the geek?   Very Happy

Dan

Genesis Of The Daleks
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JafBe8rA16k&feature=relat ed

Alchemists Of Sound - The BBC Radiophonic Workshop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKPGzX5kZd0

was going to say but you got there first. I found Davros more creepy

barks

Tomas Danko

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2008, 09:33:24 AM »

Weren't the Kaled's sitting inside the Dalek's, operating them? The Kaled's were like mutated octoped's or something. Green, of course.
http://www.danko.se/site-design/dankologo4s.gif
"T(Z)= (n1+n2*Z^-1+n2*Z^-2)/(1+d1*z^-1+d2*z^-2)" - Mr. Dan Lavry
"Shaw baa laa raaw, sidle' yaa doot in dee splaa" . Mr Shooby Taylor

MagnetoSound

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2008, 09:44:05 AM »

Tomas Danko wrote on Thu, 09 October 2008 14:33

Weren't the Kaled's sitting inside the Dalek's, operating them? The Kaled's were like mutated octoped's or something. Green, of course.

index.php/fa/10108/0/

Music can make me get right up out of my chair and start dancing or it can get me so pumped up I have to walk around the block.
It can also knock me back and make me sit there and cry like a little baby. This shit is as powerful as any drug!!!
- Larry DeVivo

ssltech

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2008, 11:25:48 AM »

Wow...  Shocked

-A complete Geek-out!!!

[Cue: Nile Rodgers guitar]

"Geek out!!! ... -Le geek, C'est chic!"

I'm actually extremely relieved that there are holes in my knowledge, yet at he same time strangely troubled that MORE HTAN ONE other person on this forum knew enough to correct me, -to five decimal places, no less!  Very Happy

I have a vague recollection of a sort of "breeding frame" where all the tiny kaled mutants were rasied in a sort of factory farm, and the look of horror on the Doctor's face when he discovered them.

I think that Davros (yes, -of course!) has made almost as many comebacks as "the Drifters", though he may now command a slightly higher fee! Wink

By the way... -Elisabeth Sladen for the win. -Wow!

-She was a drop-dead-hottie in the day, (I still think she's a darling!) but -as can be seen in this picture, she was always a little nervous about punching-in on older 3M multitracks...

http://www.doctorwhoworld.org.uk/Images/sitegraphics/sarah5.jpg

Gadzooks! -I just discovered her age... She's approaching sixty-one years old, and still absolutely lovely! -A fellow Scouser it seems, and holds the record for most 'Doctor Who's assistant' appearances. -I know that they brought her back a couple of years ago, and I'm certain that it was because of kids like me who grew up adoring her, but who ended up producing Doctor Who episodes... then realising their lifelong dream of "bringing her back"...

Keef

I have the feeling that I have more experience in my little finger than you do in your whole body about audio electronics..

ssltech

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2008, 01:56:10 PM »

...Tragic news...

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/funny-pictures-cat-dr-who-bbc-budget.jpg

Tomas Danko

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2008, 12:59:27 PM »

ssltech wrote on Fri, 24 October 2008 18:56

...Tragic news...

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/funny-pictures-cat-dr-who-bbc-budget.jpg

EX-FUR-MINATE!
EX-FUR-MINATE!
http://www.danko.se/site-design/dankologo4s.gif
"T(Z)= (n1+n2*Z^-1+n2*Z^-2)/(1+d1*z^-1+d2*z^-2)" - Mr. Dan Lavry
"Shaw baa laa raaw, sidle' yaa doot in dee splaa" . Mr Shooby Taylor
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 21 queries.