R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Milab DC-196 microphone  (Read 21688 times)

Eric H.

Re: Milab DC-196 microphone
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2009, 11:00:13 AM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Wed, 18 February 2009 22:17

Mono: I don't worry about mono compatibility (OK I do, but I also don't). If someone is still listening in mono then screw them.  This is the age of stereo (and for some, surround).  That's why I like spaced omni.  If we're going to have stereo, then let's really have stereo!!

+1
eric harizanos

Berolzheimer

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2009, 11:01:23 PM »

Eric H. wrote on Sat, 07 March 2009 08:00

Barry Hufker wrote on Wed, 18 February 2009 22:17

Mono: I don't worry about mono compatibility (OK I do, but I also don't). If someone is still listening in mono then screw them.  This is the age of stereo (and for some, surround).  That's why I like spaced omni.  If we're going to have stereo, then let's really have stereo!!

+1

+2. And that's why sometimes on recordings that are not meant to be realism- psychedelic rock & the like- sometimes I'll intentionally NOT use matched mics in a stereo pair.  To get them to be a bit more different from each other.
The film sound side of my life:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0077235/

A bunch of songs I've recorded and/or mixed are here:
http://www.zget.me/billionaires/

Ted Olausson

« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2009, 08:16:23 AM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Wed, 18 February 2009 16:17

Of course one doesn't have to use hypercardioid, but can use any pattern.

Still? A lot of cheap batterypowered gears with headphones will play stereoMP3s/radio but has only mono out. Often with one channel phasereversed.

However, i have about two dozens of milab/pearl microphones and i really likes them. They are also very rugged, some of mine has been on the road for almost 40years and are still in mint condition.

Barry Hufker

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2009, 12:06:51 PM »

"...some of mine has been on the road for almost 40 years and are still in mint condition."

I think that sentence says as much about your care towards your gear as it does about the microphones' construction quality.

strangeandbouncy

« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2009, 02:18:49 PM »

Hi,

There was a pair of Tim de Paverencini's mic's at Nomis studios in the early '90's. Nobody every used them but me. They were not beloved at all for vocals, but often on acoustic gtr and percussion. - til we discovered Calrecs . . .
 Never tried them on choirs or string sections, but I bet they were the nuts.

Kndest regards,

ANdyP

Ted Olausson

« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2009, 07:06:14 PM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Wed, 11 March 2009 11:06

"...some of mine has been on the road for almost 40 years and are still in mint condition."

I think that sentence says as much about your care towards your gear as it does about the microphones' construction quality.

Not really, they (Milab LC-25/LC-28,as in the picture) are very sturdy built and can take abuse that would send most other mics to the scrapheap.

index.php/fa/11661/0/

Oops, i can see that the camera in my cellphone has taken some beatings. sorry...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 19 queries.