R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 100,000 in St Louis  (Read 6321 times)

Barry Hufker

Re: 100,000 in St Louis
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2008, 07:00:51 PM »

Hallams wrote on Sat, 18 October 2008 17:51

jimlongo wrote on Sun, 19 October 2008 05:07

A crowd of 100,00 (police estimate) turned out to hear Obama in St Louis today, Kansas City tonight.

index.php/fa/10193/0/

You would need a good PA system to cover that crowd!

Or a really big tarp.

Intelligence is truly something you don't see very often in politics.  But Obama is not going to want to prosecute Bush and Company.  He is not going to prosecute War Profiteers.

He will initiate and pass important legislation, but he's going to slide on crimes against the people - and if I'm right about that, I won't forgive him for it.

brian harrison

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2008, 07:55:34 PM »

I'm totally with Barry on this. as big of a drag as it is to see the day to day activities of the government brought to a crawl so that we can see real justice happen. bush and crew really fit the definition of war criminals and all the spineless pussies that voted for him should twist on satan's rotisserie for eternity. pride cometh before a fall and there isn't an ounce of shame from anyone that ive met or known personally that voted  for these satanic cock gargling assholes. i used to think they were just misinformed but now i know that they are just idiots and that is being unkind to the average run of the mill village idiot. oh well viva la revolution and we are about 8 years late getting started.
peace, love, off with their heads.
brian

RSettee

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2008, 11:42:16 PM »

brian harrison wrote on Sat, 18 October 2008 18:55

I'm totally with Barry on this. as big of a drag as it is to see the day to day activities of the government brought to a crawl so that we can see real justice happen. bush and crew really fit the definition of war criminals and all the spineless pussies that voted for him should twist on satan's rotisserie for eternity. pride cometh before a fall and there isn't an ounce of shame from anyone that ive met or known personally that voted  for these satanic cock gargling assholes. i used to think they were just misinformed but now i know that they are just idiots and that is being unkind to the average run of the mill village idiot. oh well viva la revolution and we are about 8 years late getting started.
peace, love, off with their heads.
brian

Well, so much for those Bush's not being allied with the enemy!

http://prisonplanet.com/search-result.html?cx=00718409399967        0235891%3A0_8izx-_bou&cof=FORID%3A9&ie=UTF-8&q=p rescott+bush&sa=Search#1154

http://prisonplanet.com/articles/november2007/291107_fascist _coup.htm

Prescott Bush was all but brought to trial for it. Hey, the best way to swing the laws your way is to change them or control the legal system, right?

Quote:

The author added that laws such as the Military Commissions Act of 2006 were consciously designed to protect current President Bush and his co-conspirators from being indicted for war crimes, harking back to Prescott Bush's history.

"The family history is that you can make so much money uniting corporate interests with a fascist state that violently represses people, that's why when I saw the recycling of so much Nazi language, Nazi tactics, Nazi strategies, Nazi imagery in the Bush White House and then finally belatedly people brought to me this history of Prescott Bush's attempted coup and Smedley Butler's revelations - it gives me absolute chills," said Wolf.

jimlongo

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2008, 12:20:39 PM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Sat, 18 October 2008 19:00

Intelligence is truly something you don't see very often in politics.  But Obama is not going to want to prosecute Bush and Company.  He is not going to prosecute War Profiteers.

He will initiate and pass important legislation, but he's going to slide on crimes against the people - and if I'm right about that, I won't forgive him for it.

I don't agree with the opinion that the democrats should seek revenge against Bush and Co.  I feel this would divide the country even more than it is, and won't get us anywhere in trying to solve the many problems we face.  I also hope that the republicans in the coming years don't concentrate on re-igniting the culture wars of the 90's.  

We need reform and change, not continual bickering.  Bush will be judged by history.  

War profiteering on the other hand should be prosecuted, but the underlying problem is political donations and connections and that's where it gets tricky.  It shouldn't be turned into a political attack.

jimlongo

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2008, 12:40:26 PM »

Barry Hufker

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2008, 12:53:08 PM »

Jim,

Prosecuting Bush and Co. is not about revenge.  It is about the Constitution, the separation of powers and preserving the country.  You can not let Bush, Cheney, et al. commit crimes against the Constitution and go unpunished without setting a precedent allowing those crimes in the future.  The next president who decides to be as abusive as Bush will use the argument that those powers existed previously and will push the abuse even further - that's only human nature.  The time to push things back into proper balance is now, should Obama become president.  That's why I won't forgive him if he doesn't.  He and his administration will have condoned such behavior.

jimlongo

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2008, 01:01:49 PM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Sun, 19 October 2008 12:53

Jim,
Prosecuting Bush and Co. is not about revenge.  It is about the Constitution, the separation of powers and preserving the country.  You can not let Bush, Cheney, et al. commit crimes against the Constitution and go unpunished without setting a precedent allowing those crimes in the future.  The next president who decides to be as abusive as Bush will use the argument that those powers existed previously and will push the abuse even further - that's only human nature.  The time to push things back into proper balance is now, should Obama become president.  That's why I won't forgive him if he doesn't.  He and his administration will have condoned such behavior.

I just think that introducing laws to limit those excesses would be better pushback than prosecuting crimes which would be seen as overtly political.

Jessica A. Engle

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2008, 01:30:32 PM »

jimlongo wrote on Sun, 19 October 2008 12:01

Barry Hufker wrote on Sun, 19 October 2008 12:53

Jim,

I just think that introducing laws to limit those excesses would be better pushback than prosecuting crimes which would be seen as overtly political.

I wouldn't see them that way.  But I can only speak for me.

Even if the general population (or whoever) sees it as political revenge, that doesn't really matter.  

Let them believe what they will.  It won't change the fact that damage was done and it should be addressed before it's too late.  The object here is not to change the mind of average Joe/Jane, it's to protect the constitution, like Barry said.  That's too important to ignore because it might appear to be political.  

Truth will out.

Jay Kadis

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2008, 01:31:33 PM »

I would cut Bush et. al. as much slack as the Feds are cutting medical marijuana users.  (i.e. none)  Crimes must be addressed or there's no reason to have laws.  That's their own mantra.

Barry Hufker

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2008, 11:59:18 PM »

Jim,

There are already such laws, that's why I want them arrested.

NO ONE is above the law.  And there is great reason to believe many in the Bush Administration, including the President and Vice-President are guilty of many things, including treason.

You don't sweep that under the rug just because it isn't convenient.

jimlongo

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2008, 10:33:38 AM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Sun, 19 October 2008 23:59

Jim,

There are already such laws, that's why I want them arrested.

NO ONE is above the law.  And there is great reason to believe many in the Bush Administration, including the President and Vice-President are guilty of many things, including treason.

You don't sweep that under the rug just because it isn't convenient.

Barry, that's all fine with me, just don't see why it should be the Obama administration to do it.  What about a federal prosecutor, or congressional investigation.  Maybe some high profile Senator could start it.

Barry Hufker

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2008, 12:13:49 PM »

An Obama Administration is indeed the next one in power (Lord willing).  The move towards impeachment (which can happen after one is out of office as "impeachment" means "calling into question" as well as "a crime against the state")actually starts in the House of Representatives.  But for complete success in this case, this effort will also need the Senate and the President's blessing or else it will be sidetracked.  And yes, it would be the Department of Justice which would investigate.  That's why currently there is no investigation into all sorts of Republican crimes.

justpushplay

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2008, 03:01:09 PM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Sat, 18 October 2008 13:17

Being from STL, I'd like to think we're representative of the rest of the state - but we're not.  Get outside the cities and it is a different country.  Obama needs Missouri's small towns.  He already has the cities.

I agree with Barry 100%. There are local forums here, and they all have stuff like the image below as their avatars.

If you really want to get into their heads, go here:

http://www.hwy-13.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=10&sid=2cc3a 31776a5b342eff0570450f40233
index.php/fa/10204/0/

However, I have seen Obama signs popping up in places, so there may be hope. Missouri passed stem cell research in 2006, so anything is possible. Keep your fingers crossed.....
I used to arrange oxide particles, now I just use a plug-in......(Edit: JH110 now in the house!)

Barry Hufker

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2008, 04:08:04 PM »

I read about 20 postings at your link and then I had to quit.  There's a lot of ignorance and the twisted there.  Very scary.

Larrchild

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2008, 04:18:20 PM »

index.php/fa/10206/0/
Some people misunderstand the term "Jeffersonian Democracy"
Larry Janus
http://2ubes.net
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 22 queries.