R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 100,000 in St Louis  (Read 6330 times)

justpushplay

Re: 100,000 in St Louis
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2008, 04:29:33 PM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Mon, 20 October 2008 15:08

I read about 20 postings at your link and then I had to quit.  There's a lot of ignorance and the twisted there.  Very scary.

I haven't been there in quite some time, as it makes my head spin. Some of those people are local business owners, and when I drive by their businesses, I just feel sad. If none of you hear from me after the election...........

PS: Yet more avatars from these people:

index.php/fa/10207/0/
I used to arrange oxide particles, now I just use a plug-in......(Edit: JH110 now in the house!)

Larrchild

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2008, 04:42:07 PM »

The perverse question is, how much financial hardship and loss of their sons and daughters will it take for these 4-bit processors to understand that they are feeding the hand that bites them?

What exactly does it take?

I appreciate the dogmatic persistence, but it's past the point of looking stupid.

Really.
Larry Janus
http://2ubes.net

Jay Kadis

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2008, 04:49:38 PM »

Larrchild wrote on Mon, 20 October 2008 13:42

What exactly does it take?

Perhaps the kind of tour Mr. Scrooge got?

justpushplay

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2008, 04:56:26 PM »

Larrchild wrote on Mon, 20 October 2008 15:42

The perverse question is, how much financial hardship and loss of their sons and daughters will it take for these 4-bit processors to understand that they are feeding the hand that bites them?

I am truly loving your 'low bit rate' description. I've used the 'low information voter' thing incessantly when trying to describe the current electorate. '4 bit processors' indeed. Thanks for the giggle.
I used to arrange oxide particles, now I just use a plug-in......(Edit: JH110 now in the house!)

Larrchild

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2008, 04:57:19 PM »

Doesn't leave much for error-correction, does it?
Larry Janus

justpushplay

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2008, 05:02:55 PM »

Larrchild wrote on Mon, 20 October 2008 15:57

Doesn't leave much for error-correction, does it?

Stop it! You're hurting me!! Smile

John Ivan

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2008, 05:14:35 PM »

Larry, I know I've mentioned this before, but you certainly have a way with words. Thankfully, there are some 32 bit float cats out there..  Very Happy

About the potential prosecution of the President and/or Vice President and their Mob of nut jobs who almost did us in as a nation. {sigh}..

I admit I'm on the fence.. I want them to be held accountable. I really do.. But this would need to take place with the seriosness and calmness that Obama brings to the table, but HE would not be the guy turning the key on this thing. In other words, the only thing that should ever be said about it should directly relate to the Law of the land, and NOT to any partisan points being made.

If we can find agreement with some serious republicans in the House to move this forward, it would be very helpful. I believe there are republicans in both the House and Senate who understand the implications of allowing these crimes to be swept under the rug. There is either bipartisan agreement that Law and Order matters, or there is not. Barry and others make the relevant point that doing nothing leaves an open door the size of an aircraft hanger exit through which a later President could push lawlessness to a whole new level. This is a frightening thing to consider. One would think that alarm bells would be sounding in the minds of Liberals and Conservative alike, given that we are now discovering what a refusal to "look Down The Road" has done to the nation. We are dearly paying for our own lack of foresight and I hope we've learned something.

Smart people from both sides of the political prison yard must agree to do the right thing, or we risk it blowing up in our face..

The world isn't always fair..

Ivan......................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

Larrchild

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2008, 05:32:28 PM »

I had the Tektronix Logic Analyzer nearby, so I connected up to the TV output and set it to Fox News for a few minutes.
The resulting "untruth table" represents 4x4=16 possible output states when using the 4 available bits.
Here they are:
index.php/fa/10208/0/
Larry Janus

justpushplay

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2008, 06:05:46 PM »

John Ivan wrote on Mon, 20 October 2008 16:14

I admit I'm on the fence.. I want them to be held accountable. I really do.. But this would need to take place with the seriosness and calmness that Obama brings to the table, but HE would not be the guy turning the key on this thing. In other words, the only thing that should ever be said about it should directly relate to the Law of the land, and NOT to any partisan points being made.

If we can find agreement with some serious republicans in the House to move this forward, it would be very helpful. I believe there are republicans in both the House and Senate who understand the implications of allowing these crimes to be swept under the rug. There is either bipartisan agreement that Law and Order matters, or there is not.

If there is anything the US could do to repair the harm we have done to our national psyche, and to our 'brand' on the international stage, this would be it. Short of leading the world out of the global financial mess in a few days, the best thing we could do, or have ever done, is lead by example. Prosecuting those, both in industry and government, that attempted to circumvent our laws for political and monetary gain might allow us to argue that, although we lost our collective moral and legal compass for eight dark years, we have now regained our  grip on reality. How we 'turn the key' on that will probably be Chapter One in any political history book written thereafter. One shudders at the machinations that will go on behind the scenes on that one.

RSettee

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2008, 06:48:35 PM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Mon, 20 October 2008 11:13

An Obama Administration is indeed the next one in power (Lord willing).  The move towards impeachment (which can happen after one is out of office as "impeachment" means "calling into question" as well as "a crime against the state")actually starts in the House of Representatives.  But for complete success in this case, this effort will also need the Senate and the President's blessing or else it will be sidetracked.  And yes, it would be the Department of Justice which would investigate.  That's why currently there is no investigation into all sorts of Republican crimes.

Yup. They never rat out one of their own. It's like a crooked police officer--in the ranks' eyes, he's a police officer first and foremost, that's why guys like that get away with it. When you're involved with the legal system or the governing system, there's a whole bunch of people that have your back. And those people all are in power or in governing power. It would otherwise take a personal justice campaign to overthrow them or hold them for treason, but the thing is--we elect people and we hire police officers to protect and uphold the law.

As in back in the old Wild West days, it used to be that you hired the most bad ass crook to police the state. Look at the Wyatt Earp story. As to whether those guys truly want to go the straight and narrow.....some of them have realized that they have a much easier time of bending the laws when they're ABOVE the law. Then you're back at square one--you're being governed or policed by those that take liberties with liberty.

Barry Hufker

« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2008, 12:34:28 AM »

It never made news here, but Rumsfeld was almost arrested in France for war crimes.  A group from the U.S. and France demanded he be arrested and France has a law that all such reports must be taken seriously.  Rumsfeld was at a political breakfast when someone tipped him off.  He and his Secret Service agents abruptly left the meeting and flew to Germany where they have no such law.

Rats...

Kucinich and Wexler will keep pushing the impeachment agenda.  I've been financially supporting Cindy Sheehan in her run against Nancy Pelosi.  If you recall it is Pelosi who took impeachment "off the table".  I'm not sure Cindy will win, but Pelosi is certainly concerned...

Jay Kadis

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2008, 10:38:58 AM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Mon, 20 October 2008 21:34

Kucinich and Wexler will keep pushing the impeachment agenda.  I've been financially supporting Cindy Sheehan in her run against Nancy Pelosi.  If you recall it is Pelosi who took impeachment "off the table".  I'm not sure Cindy will win, but Pelosi is certainly concerned...

Sheehan is just the left-wing version of Sarah Palin.  While I happen to agree with her politics, she's not really equipped to represent California, let alone lead the party.  I wouldn't count Pelosi out: she seems to have political acumen we may not fully appreciate at the moment.  I'd give her the benefit of the doubt at least: she has far more political experience than Sheehan.

Now, Diane Feinstein I would happily replace.

Barry Hufker

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2008, 11:27:13 AM »

Feinstein, yes.  Get her out.  And I worked to make that happen, although it didn't.  I'll grant Sheehan is far less experienced but Pelosi is unwilling.  Even if Sheehan doesn't win, Pelosi will get the message people want a different direction.  I think that's a message she's gotten already through Sheehan's campaign.

The Democratic Party is one big fucking mess and it is time for them to get organized.  If they should be fortunate enough to gain control of the government, they better know what to do with it.  And I mean that in "all ways" not just impeachment.

Jay Kadis

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2008, 11:39:19 AM »

It would seem the time to proceed with impeachment is after the Democrats take control of the Legislature and the Executive branch, not during the contentious battle to do so.  Hopefully that's what Pelosi is thinking even if she isn't saying it.

Barry Hufker

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2008, 02:56:30 PM »

Maybe...

Certainly not during the election season but there was time before that.  And maybe there'll be a good time after it...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 19 queries.