R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: I do believe a PSW member wants to sue me.  (Read 28284 times)

Barry Hufker

Re: I do believe a PSW member wants to sue me.
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2008, 06:24:44 PM »

"Give me great singers and great players and a great producer, I will produce a very good product. Put me in a great studio with the same core individuals, I bet you'd all be happy with the product."

With all that you'd better make a *great* product and not just a good one.  There are many who can make a great product with less.

Me?  I'm just innocently piling on.  But it's still true (for anyone).

mgod

« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2008, 06:41:08 PM »

dguidry wrote on Thu, 16 October 2008 12:40

Give me great singers and great players and a great producer, I will produce a very good product. Put me in a great studio with the same core individuals, I bet you'd all be happy with the product.
I vote this guy off the island. He needs a little more living to be able to make a contribution here - even in the Saloon.

Threats require apologies and contrition. None to be seen. With all due respect Dean - which is none - the problem with you and Ivan in a studio wouldn't be both your egos. And it wouldn't be his.

DS
"There IS no Coolometer." - Larry Janus

Bill_Urick

« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2008, 06:46:50 PM »

This is the most amusing thread...

I was once threatened with a lawsuit by a woman named Sue.

Isn't that ironic?

But seriously, don't C1000's make great overheads?
You guys are just being mean.
Good sense is, of all things among men, the most equally distributed; for everyone thinks himself so abundantly provided with it, that those even who are the most difficult to satisfy in everything else, do not usually desire a larger measure of this quality than they already possess.

John Ivan

« Reply #93 on: October 16, 2008, 07:02:01 PM »

Bill_Urick wrote on Thu, 16 October 2008 18:46

Isn't that ironic?

Yeah, now I'm just being silly and Bragin' up the rhythm section in my trio Surprised .. I don't see why they put with me Shocked

I just could not seem to make the 1000's work.. I did a Rap guy with a 3000 though, and it hurt perfectly! It was crazy aggressive and abusive sounding..

Ivan......................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

Bill_Urick

« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2008, 07:33:53 PM »

John Ivan wrote on Thu, 16 October 2008 19:02

Bill_Urick wrote on Thu, 16 October 2008 18:46

Isn't that ironic?

Yeah, now I'm just being silly and Bragin' up the rhythm section in my trio Surprised .. I don't see why they put with me Shocked

I just could not seem to make the 1000's work.. I did a Rap guy with a 3000 though, and it hurt perfectly! It was crazy aggressive and abusive sounding..

Ivan......................

I did have some C1000's for a bit. Thought about keeping them to have something to blame my poor drum tracking on. After some thought it seemed wiser to get better mics and take the blame myself.

I previously posited that this was a hoax.

I now feel that what we have here is a classic inability to self-evaluate, coupled with a bad case of ifimentionimalawertheyllbeintimidated syndrome.

Just a theory, and subject to future reevaluation.
Good sense is, of all things among men, the most equally distributed; for everyone thinks himself so abundantly provided with it, that those even who are the most difficult to satisfy in everything else, do not usually desire a larger measure of this quality than they already possess.

Bill Mueller

« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2008, 08:10:14 PM »

Hello Dean,

Can I ask what you are attempting to do here?

I looked at your list of posts and it appears that on February 28th, 2008 you publicly posted your "for real" contract with no encouragement from anyone else, and asked for comments from the Whatever Works forum members. You then took issue with the answers you received. The thread started here

http://recforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/m/319958/1339/#ms g_319958

and I have to say that I still get a kick out of reading it! Especially clause 13. That one just cracks me up!

Anyway, on Sunday March 2nd, 2008 you entered your last post on that thread and later in the day Ross shut it down, if I'm not mistaken.

What I'm intrigued by, is the fact that just four hours and ten minutes later, you posted the following on another WW thread.

Quote:

The idea of making money at music is dying, but the art is flourishing. The money is consolidating into the likes of Itunes, etc.

I had a discussion about this yesterday. The future of music is the subscription service and every band or artist will have an XM channel and share in the subscriptions. I predict there will be thousands of XM stations, some dedicated to one artist or band. My wife jogs with a portable XM receiver on which she can download anything she has heard and later play it again at her leisure. The studios of the future will be dedicated to uploading music onto XM channels. And to think 25 years ago I had the opportunity to be a venture owner of a gps satellite and turned it down.

This is certainly NOT the post of someone who believes they have been mortally wounded by the members of this forum. It appears for all the world that you have just rejoined the rank and file in a civil and potentially informative way.

Then EIGHT MONTHS later you take up your sward and start slashing at the same people you have just been living with. Very curious.

Did you just have a slow day? Maybe a fight with the missus? In any case, you're needlessly attacking good folks, (Max is a medical doctor) and making a pariah out of your name. You were accepted back in once before, and I imagine if you cut the crap, you would be accepted (it might take a bit longer this time) again. Now I bet you tell me that being accepted is not important to you. However we both know that it actually is.

Important.

Best regards,

Bill
"Don't take it personally. But this shit is a science." J.J.Blair

“The Internet is only a means of communication,” he wrote. “It is not an amorphous extraterrestrial body with an entitlement to norms that run counter to the fundamental principles of human rights. There is nothing in the criminal or civil law which legalizes that which is otherwise illegal simply because the transaction takes place over the Internet.” Irish judge, Peter Charleton

J.J. Blair

« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2008, 01:32:34 AM »

dguidry wrote on Wed, 15 October 2008 13:00

Vertigo wrote on Wed, 15 October 2008 14:50

I don't know what I'd be more afraid of - being sued by this guy or a trip to his "percussion room":

http://www.suckerhead.com/junk/percussion_room.bmp

*shudder*

-Lance

Much has changed since the early days.  Behind those "blankets" are 2 inch isolation panels that have since been installed permanently and in a rather more attractive fashion. The only remaining mic you see in that photo is the 57 on the snare.  Don't knock the tv...its the drummer's camera monitor to the vocal booth, control room, and live room...works like a champ with wireless cameras and split screens for everyone.

Actually, it's the Aquarian head on the kick and that huge fucking pillow that bothers me more than the mics.  Who cares what mics you use.  I can only imagine how awful that sounds.  
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

John Ivan

« Reply #97 on: October 17, 2008, 01:36:46 AM »

Hi JJ,

For me, it wasn't the mics but the strange foam 'thingies' on them.. Yeah, the pillow would have to go..

Ya know, Dean, for a price, I'll fly in and get you a drum sound.. Surprised  

Ivan.......................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

J.J. Blair

« Reply #98 on: October 17, 2008, 01:42:28 AM »

John, as somebody who takes pride in his ability to tune a drum, there's nothing I hate more than the sound of those Aquarian kick drum heads.  It's like riding a bike with training wheels.  Any moron can use it, but the ride is going to suck.  
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

John Ivan

« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2008, 02:04:45 AM »

J.J. Blair wrote on Fri, 17 October 2008 01:42

John, as somebody who takes pride in his ability to tune a drum, there's nothing I hate more than the sound of those Aquarian kick drum heads.  It's like riding a bike with training wheels.  Any moron can use it, but the ride is going to suck.  

You and I have something in common. I have worked hard on tuning drums for years and it has paid off.

I like a Power stroke 3 for some sounds, and I still like coated Emperors with or without an impact pad. depending on the tune/band. I generally don't like anything in the drum, I like both heads on for most sounds, with a hole. {without a hole can be a great sound too.},

HA! We could talk about this for ever Cool  It's a blast. I love drums.

Ivan............

maxim

« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2008, 05:40:35 AM »

"Now I bet you tell me that being accepted is not important to you. However we both know that it actually is.

Important."

bill, you know it (and i know it), but i'm not sure that dean is self-aware enough quite yet ....

Kris

« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2008, 09:47:42 AM »

Can I say that I hate lawyers without getting sued? Twisted Evil

Steve Hudson

« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2008, 10:58:13 AM »

Kris wrote on Fri, 17 October 2008 08:47

Can I say that I hate lawyers without getting sued? Twisted Evil

A woman asked her gynecologist if she could get pregnant from having anal sex. He replied, "Sure, that's how we get lawyers."
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."

- Hunter S. Thompson should have said this, but didn't

http://www.myspace.com/steventoddhudson

Barry Hufker

« Reply #103 on: October 17, 2008, 12:04:21 PM »

"A woman asked her gynecologist if she could get pregnant from having anal sex. He replied, 'Sure, that's how we get lawyers.'"

I love it!  I'm stealing it!  Go ahead and sue me!

Daniel Farris

« Reply #104 on: October 17, 2008, 01:06:36 PM »

John Ivan wrote on Thu, 16 October 2008 23:04

I generally don't like anything in the drum,

A Crown Royal bag full of BBs or pellets can be fun.

Coins work okay too.

DF
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 19 queries.