R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: I do believe a PSW member wants to sue me.  (Read 27927 times)

Hank Alrich

Re: I do believe a PSW member wants to sue me.
« Reply #120 on: October 22, 2008, 10:13:50 PM »

dguidry wrote on Wed, 15 October 2008 13:47

rnicklaus wrote on Wed, 15 October 2008 15:37

In the original thread there are these conflicting posts.

<<dguidry wrote on Thu, 28 February 2008 15:06

In all seriousness, this is the real deal.>>

<<dguidry wrote on Sun, 02 March 2008 12:01

I knew at its core it was onerous and it would never have been put on the table for consideration at all. >>

This would be the big hurdle in any defamation case.  Two conflicting statements by the person claiming he was defamed.  One of the statements may have been reasonably believed to be true.  The other statement, at that point, may be open to challenge on it's honesty.

Every case needs to be brought in good faith.  Filing a claim that may not be in good faith leaves an opening for attorney fees and legal costs to be recovered.

Legal fees are not recoverable in Louisiana, but sometimes court costs are.

I meant: "real deal" as in no kidding I am drafting a proposed contract so help me out.  No one would infer in the context of my statements that this would be the final draft.  I even said it was only a deal memo, which by its own definition is not binding, and you would know that only if you were a lawyer.

I see. Nobody but lawyers can read. Yeah, ya really got 'em there!

What level of lawyer posts to an Internet forum for entertainment industry legal advice?

It's not like anybody said someone's drumming sucks.

This business is loaded with folks who say one thing today and another tomorrow, much like politics. If one asks for advice, makes conflicting statements in public and then claims slander or liable for people challenging the obvious conflict, one might want to step back and consider the implications of the situation, and reassess one's own behavior.

But then again, I'm not really a psychologist. Of course, on the Internet you can't really tell that without help.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.