R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Palin abused power" -report  (Read 1422 times)

ssltech

"Palin abused power" -report
« on: October 10, 2008, 11:58:40 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/palin_troopergate

Like this is a surprise... -"Sarah-cuda" gets rapped knuckles.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/10/lawmakers-emerge-fr om-ses_n_133800.html (Expanded version of same basic report)

Keith
MDM (maxdimario) wrote on Fri, 16 November 2007 21:36

I have the feeling that I have more experience in my little finger than you do in your whole body about audio electronics..

Dave Hecht

Re: "Palin abused power" -report
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 01:33:24 AM »

No surprise, but it's nice to see a report that cuts the legs out from under her claims of "nothing to hide" and "political reformer"

Dave Hecht

maxim

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 01:56:42 AM »

tonya harding is a hockey mum too...

Larrchild

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 11:52:03 AM »

Well let me tell you a little story 'bout a Harper Valley PTA.

Local politics is the crookedest and scummiest.
Larry Janus
http://2ubes.net

Steve Hudson

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 12:52:49 PM »

I found it predictable that Palin's mouthpiece issued a statement vindicating Palin and suggesting she broke no laws. The investigative panel found she did violate Alaska's ethics law, which sadly has no teeth and amounts to little more than a censure. And for Palin to suggest that the investigation was tainted by Democratic political shenannigans ignores that fact that the panel consists of seven Republicans and four Democrats who unanimously reached their conclusions.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."

- Hunter S. Thompson should have said this, but didn't

http://www.myspace.com/steventoddhudson

RSettee

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 12:55:59 PM »

Yeah, I saw that yesterday. Even before I read the whole story, I said, "the guy must have been married to a relative of hers". Sure enough. Palin actually got charged for mis-use of power. The thirst for power in Washington has got so scary, that it appears that they're looking for Wyatt Earp in them there parts.

ssltech

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 10:09:21 PM »

..This one's a bit much for me too. -I have no problem with people practising their beliefs even if I don't share their personal faith.

-But don't ask me to pay for them to do so.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081011/ap_on_el_pr/palin_church _and_state

I'm not a resident of Alaska, but my own state's governor (Charlie Crist) had better not bill me for his worship expenses.

... oh... and a per diem at the same time.

Keith
MDM (maxdimario) wrote on Fri, 16 November 2007 21:36

I have the feeling that I have more experience in my little finger than you do in your whole body about audio electronics..

Edvaard

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 03:50:45 AM »

ssltech wrote on Sat, 11 October 2008 22:09

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081011/ap_on_el_pr/palin_church _and_state

I'm not a resident of Alaska, but my own state's governor (Charlie Crist) had better not bill me for his worship expenses.

... oh... and a per diem at the same time.

Keith

The  Yahoo news article adduced above brought to my awareness a higher level of congruence between Ms. Palin's life experience and my own than I knew existed;

"Palin was baptized Roman Catholic as a newborn and baptized again in a Pentecostal Assemblies of God church when she was a teenager. She ...  opposes abortion even in cases of rape and incest and supports classroom discussions about creationism."

I was baptized a Roman Catholic as a newborn and baptized again at an eastern coastal assembly when I was a teenager. At our "assembly" on the beach, the crowd of friends and I decided that we opposed rape, even in cases of incest, and after imbibing some tea that somebody put mushrooms in we discussed creation, and thought that this tea and discussion of creation should be allowed in the classroom.

I find the similarity striking.

Too bad we never thought of billing our high school for this trip.

RSettee

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 12:39:16 PM »

Edvaard wrote on Sun, 12 October 2008 02:50

[

"Palin was baptized Roman Catholic as a newborn and baptized again in a Pentecostal Assemblies of God church when she was a teenager. She ...  opposes abortion even in cases of rape and incest and supports classroom discussions about creationism."

See, that's another tenet of conservatism that scares the bejeezus out of me. Conservatives are so blindly led by narrowmindedness and religion, that they'll follow it by the book to the very end. There's either right or wrong, nothing in the middle, no shades....and history has proven that enough conservatists have destroyed economies and destroyed the well being of people in the process.

Opposes abortion even in rape? What if the mother is too poor, or not ready to have a child? It's this type of thinking that honestly very much scares me. Yet, as in Palin's case, there's nothing conservative about firing a guy who refused to fire someone because that guy was in a divorce with Palin's sister. Conservatists pull out the liberalism card only when it benefits them, and they could give a shit about anyone else.

Steve Hudson

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 02:42:50 PM »

Ryan, please don't confuse neocons with true conservatives. Very different animals. True conservatives are very thoughful and analytical about their positions and appreciate discourse. Neocons are narrow-minded, dogmatic and prone to intolerance.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."

- Hunter S. Thompson should have said this, but didn't

http://www.myspace.com/steventoddhudson

jimlongo

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 03:23:56 PM »

We also shouldn't confuse neo-conservativism with the religious-right.  The latter is only a tool of the former.

RSettee

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 12:36:44 AM »

Steve Hudson wrote on Sun, 12 October 2008 13:42

Ryan, please don't confuse neocons with true conservatives. Very different animals. True conservatives are very thoughful and analytical about their positions and appreciate discourse. Neocons are narrow-minded, dogmatic and prone to intolerance.

That's true. I should state that it's Neocons that are the problem. I think that they're so intertwined that i'm not sure who's truly conservative (or who aspires to be), and who's a Neocon. We'll never really know until they're done their 4 or 8 years.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 22 queries.