R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FDR's fireside chat on banking  (Read 746 times)

organica

FDR's fireside chat on banking
« on: October 10, 2008, 02:41:29 PM »

you may find this informative . interesting as well . i certainly do .

http://www.patriotledger.com/opinions/x1272968115/FDRs-fires ide-chat-on-banking

jimlongo

Re: FDR's fireside chat on banking
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 06:58:11 PM »

If only someone could sensibly and calmly explain the current situation to the public much as this was explained, we'd all probably be a lot better off.  

Of course, that is assuming that someone has the trust and the situation is explainable.

John Ivan

Re: FDR's fireside chat on banking
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 03:49:30 AM »

Yeah. Great stuff..

Well, it's explainable ,or at least I think it is for sure. It's just that the whole country would be physically sick if it were properly explained.. We would be projectile vomiting in our homes, our cars, in our offices and so on.. What a mess.

It's a HUGE set of crimes that was allowed to go on for years. It's really an amazing story and I hope some very smart people write it all down in real detail.. A couple thousand pages would get it done pretty well.. I think.

McCain likes to say,, "You'll know their names, I'll make them famous" when he talks about pork barrel spending. He wont say this about what's gone on in the financial institutions, in part, because he's just finding out the truth in some cases.

The level of lying and looking the other way is amazing and there is enough blame to go around as it relates to certain subjects in and around this mess.. But there can be no doubt about the fact that the neo-con ideology and the concept of the Ownership society as put forward by the current batch of republicans takes most of the blame. At least , that is what the evidence says at this point. The numbers. Who said what. Who deregulated what. Who knew about who was lying about what..

It's all knowable. And it mostly points directly to people with names and addresses.. Who actually broke the law.

I've said that this is all simple.. It is.. While the calculations that need to be made to follow every dime is a huge task that is done using computers, the REAL problem, the problems in the thinking that brought us this mess, are simple.

Greed that reached outside the boundaries of the law, while those who were supposed to be performing oversight gutted the regulations that were supposed to be the tools that allowed them to do just that, sat down on the job and knowingly looked the other way..

CRIME! Simple.. The question is, does anyone care? And, Should they go to jail? Or should we hand them another 700 Billion Dollars?

Ivan.............
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 21 queries.