R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your bailout tax dollars hard at work!  (Read 1490 times)

bblackwood

Your bailout tax dollars hard at work!
« on: October 08, 2008, 07:54:48 AM »

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iCBEplezRU4MUlI3wKRd0IZ9G CgQD93M2CP00

Is anyone really shocked by this?
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

MDM,

Re: Your bailout tax dollars hard at work!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 10:58:56 AM »

I'm not really shocked, I am disgusted by the sheer selfish and crass behaviour of these people.

what also disgusts me is that so many citizens who still have enough freedom and means to get mad and get even, don't react.

the idea of the government is of course to take all the money, become stronger and more powerful... while weakening the economy for the citizens, so that ONE DAY they will not have the power, time, energy, freedom to react.

I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy .. in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry and music.
John Adams (1735-1826) 2nd President, United States

Harland

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 01:42:07 PM »

Apparently, nobody is shocked. At least not enough to revolt. That might be because it's been ever thus, hasn't it? You have the ruling / wealthy class and you have the ruled / peasant class. (Among other classes and types of humans) The ruling class can use any well worn and proven method of control and the rest of us are content to be ruled as long as we're getting by OK. But there IS a point of revolt and it's in the interest of the ruling class to avoid it. An interesting question would be: where would that point be for the America of today?

RSettee

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 06:59:48 PM »

Like I say, let 'em rot. Do these guys honestly know the meaning of the words "budget", "downsizing", "minimizing"? No. They've never done it. If you want to know where a good portion of the economy is going that isn't just being funnelled into the black void of inflation and depreciation, this is another one--when people COULD be economizing, they're not, they're wasting money on vanity.

djwayne

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 07:14:55 PM »

Well if somebody gave me $85 billion dollars, it would be PARTY TIME !!!!

Now they want another $37 billion, cause the $85 Billion wasn't enough !!!!

mgod

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 07:40:18 PM »

index.php/fa/10102/0/
"There IS no Coolometer." - Larry Janus

John Ivan

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 07:43:25 PM »

I was going to write a post last week about the business culture in the U.S.. But I thought better of it after my "incident".. Confused  Shocked

Lets just say the main point had to do with how incredibly flawed our Business and economics programs are in our higher education environments across the country.. IMHO, the focus of the average MBA degree is fatally flawed. We are now growing multiple generations of business people who don't seem to understand the function of business in a democracy.. They seem to have it reduced to simply growing money, and methods of positioning product, message and image. The people who work under them are expendable tools who have less value than the machines making the widgets.

We don't have to have a corrupt business culture. We just do for now.. This can change if we begin to teach a different set of values based on the goal being a better quality of life for the greatest number of people possible. The idea, that people can rightly EARN a higher quality of life and do so through working in an ethical environment.

There have been people who have pointed to our current culture in business and said "It must fail. The machine is poorly designed and will throw a bearing."-- They were right.

Ivan......................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

danickstr

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 09:00:53 PM »

I love that they misspelled "fuckers" the first time.  And what ever happened to integrity that drove people to jump, anyway?
Nick Dellos - MCPE  

Food for thought for the future:              http://http://www.kurzweilai.net/" target="_blank">http://www.kurzweilai.net/www.physorg.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.