R/E/P > Whatever Works

External summing of DAW mixes

(1/32) > >>

Bill_Urick:
I have tended to dismiss this, but am reconsidering.

Are you doing it? Do you feel that it makes a significant difference? What are you using?

Thank you.

MDM,:
there is something to it, aurally... the sounds have more 'space' around them than they do itb.

Bill Mueller:
MDM, wrote on Mon, 06 October 2008 07:41
there is something to it, aurally... the sounds have more 'space' around them than they do itb.

Max,

As usual, spoken like a real authority.

Now, PLEASE explain why, using technically acceptable language and a minimum of hyperbole and opinion.

Best regards,

Bill

marcel:
Not to be a vibe killer (!), but there is extensive discussion about this topic here and elsewhere on the net:

here is a good start

Should keep you busy for a week or so, LOL.

Vertigo:
Quote:

This may not have been the authoritative answer you were looking for, but it sums up my own observations 100%.

I know that using Nuendo there is a definite difference between the sound of summed tracks ITB versus console. I find that the individual tracks seem to retain much more of their definition OTB and I really find the Nuendo mix bus to be terrible in comparison; although that's not to say that I've been entirely displeased with it. I've done ITB mixes that sound great, but I still like the sound of my analog console mixes much better.

If you're thinking about going this route I'd definitely recommend investing in some good outboard. Plug-ins tend to sound much different OTB...

-Lance

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version