R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Brauner Valvet  (Read 15777 times)

Barry Hufker

Re: Brauner Valvet
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2009, 06:56:15 PM »

Thank you Didier for going to so much trouble to make this test just for me.  It is so thoughtful and kind.

The Valvet sound very good in both examples (there is no doubt of that), the M49s have a certain softness and sweetness I hear in these samples that I really enjoy.

I am a huge Brauner fan and own several, but your test has really let me get a sense of the Flea M49s, which is something I was eager to have.

Again, many thanks.

Barry

Red Tape

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2009, 10:38:30 AM »

Anyone care to compare the Valvet to the VMX?

aamicrophones

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2009, 06:48:55 PM »

Hi Guys, most likely the API will have more top end than the 1073.  Rupert messed up a bit on the 1073 and if you engage the EQ switch but don't dial in any EQ .  The response is down nearly 4db at 20khz.  This is because Rupert used a 15pf to bypass the base of the transistors in the EQ gain stage to reduce any chance of RF getting in.  These capacitors need to be reduced down to about 8pf which moves the 3db down point up an octave.  WIth the EQ switch out the 1073 is flat.

The API is more "HiFI" because they don't let the input transformer saturate like Neve As the PAD is before the transformer while in the Neve the Pad is after the transformer.

Also, the API has a Class "A/B" output stage more like the 1081.  The Class "A" output circuit generate more even order harmonics in the upper midrange and it will "sound" a little brighter in the upper midgrange range.   You hear more transformer "sound" from the Neve as the input transformer will saturate sooner and the output transformer is directly coupled to the 2N3055 output transistor not through a capacitor like in the API or 1081.

Cheers, Dave Thomas
www.aamicrophones.com

Sean Eldon Qualls

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 04:43:40 PM »

aamicrophones wrote on Sun, 26 April 2009 18:48

The API is more "HiFI" because they don't let the input transformer saturate like Neve As the PAD is before the transformer while in the Neve the Pad is after the transformer.

There has never been a pad on a 1073.
Sean Eldon
Gainfully unemployed / Back to freelancing

"Gearslutz -- Where the uneducated go to fight it out with the misinformed" - Dave Hecht
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 16 queries.