Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorry.  (Read 1092 times)

John Ivan

Sorry.
« on: September 29, 2008, 10:18:04 PM »

This is a public apology for having allowed myself to to express my anger in an inappropriate way.

Obviously, I have very strong feelings and what I think are reasoned opinions about how the Nation finds it's self in such a horrible set of circumstances. I believe that real crimes have been commited at the highest levels of our government, Human being's are being killed for nothing more than lies, and I'm often puzzled about why more isn't being done. I'm very angry about this..

More specifically, I apologize to Robert for having used such strong language. While there are good reasons for my anger {I believe}, I am, as we all are, responsible for expressing this in a way that is within the widely excepted methods of debate.. I failed here. This behavior did not advance my argument and does NOT represent the spirit of this community. Robert, I am sorry..

I would like to again offer that I am a non-violent person, who would only use force to directly protect myself or others as a last resort. I have no intention now, or in the future, of bringing harm to any person or persons.

I have no excuse. I lost it. Period..

Ivan...............

"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

bblackwood

Re: Sorry.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 11:03:42 PM »

John, very big of you to do this. Thank you - it's this sort of behavior that makes this community special.
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

rankus

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 11:50:56 PM »

John, you have always had my respect. No need to beat yourself up.  These are trying times, and getting worked up is normal. Apologizing for it afterword shows courage. Thank you (although the apology/hostility was not directed at me)

Respect.

Cheers!

Rick Welin - Clark Drive Studios http://www.myspace.com/clarkdrivestudios

Ive done stuff I'm not proud of.. and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting ~ Moe Sizlack

"There is no crisis in energy, the crisis is in imagination" ~ Buckminster Fuller

grantis

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 12:05:44 AM »

John,
I've always felt your words have been in the spirit of good debate (in spite of what we disagree on Smile), and the apology proves it.  This is certainly admirable and I respect you greatly for it.  

Regards!
Grant Craig
Nuovo Music (Me)
Skiddco Music (Where I work)
Work History (Well, some of it anyway)

organica

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 03:14:03 AM »

John ,

I don't think that you have a very balanced perspective . you should work on it  ( read/reach/live/ more ?...... don't know , not my business ) ........

but do think you're a good person  .

chill out .

peace -ac

mgod

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 10:15:09 AM »

Ignore setting! Use it well, use it often!

DS
"There IS no Coolometer." - Larry Janus

Jay Kadis

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 10:35:40 AM »

I find that just a moment of reflection before posting makes for a much more civilized discourse.  Lots of people read this beyond our little circle and the posts are out there potentially forever.  Thanks for taking responsibility, John.  We could use more of that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 22 queries.