R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Scientists warn US Congress of cancer risk for cell phone use  (Read 1968 times)

PRobb

Re: Scientists warn US Congress of cancer risk for cell phone use
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 12:53:26 PM »

Jay Kadis wrote on Mon, 29 September 2008 12:45

California just banned texting while driving.

Kinda shocking that a law would be required. What's next, a law that says you can't paint your windshield black?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Barry Hufker

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 06:43:28 PM »

Jay Kadis wrote on Sun, 28 September 2008 10:18

Barry Hufker wrote on Sat, 27 September 2008 23:41

I believe any time you put a microwave emitter against your head you're cooking something.

It takes many hundreds of watts to cook something and cell phones are limited to under 4 watts, so that smell must be coming from someone's kitchen and not your head.  The effects of RF are more subtle than heating, making the determination of biological safety far more difficult.  The FDA's web page on it gives one little confidence:

http://www.fda.gov/cellphones/qa.html

"Since there are no known risks from exposure to RF emissions from wireless phones..."

Just because you don't know doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  (Particularly if you've been directed not to look too hard...)

Jay, I guess I should have stated more clearly that I meant "cooking" as "screwing up/destroying/altering" something or some process.

Related: If one were to see an infrared picture of the earth, it would be clear this place is an RF fireball.

Jay Kadis

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2008, 07:46:55 PM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Mon, 29 September 2008 15:43

Jay Kadis wrote on Sun, 28 September 2008 10:18

Barry Hufker wrote on Sat, 27 September 2008 23:41

I believe any time you put a microwave emitter against your head you're cooking something.

It takes many hundreds of watts to cook something and cell phones are limited to under 4 watts, so that smell must be coming from someone's kitchen and not your head.

Jay, I guess I should have stated more clearly that I meant "cooking" as "screwing up/destroying/altering" something or some process.

Related: If one were to see an infrared picture of the earth, it would be clear this place is an RF fireball.

Barry, I can't resist lines like that.  Sorry...

But you are right about the RF cloud.  It's surprising we don't have more interference problems than we do.

Barry Hufker

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2008, 09:26:51 PM »

Jay, no worries.  You "played it as it lay".  Never harm in that.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.