R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The "other" Reality  (Read 775 times)

John Ivan

The "other" Reality
« on: September 04, 2008, 09:16:26 PM »

"You can say it at this convention, VICTORY. We will Win in Iraq" [Somewhat paraphrased}.

The Republican party is still arguing to the American people that going to Iraq was a good idea. They argue that there is a "Victory" to be had there. They imply [or outright say} that those who don't agree with this are not patriots.. They are saying that Barack Obama doesn't get it. What is there to get? Republicans claim we are safer. But we were not in danger from Iraq in the first place.

What if these people win this election? What will this say about the American people? Something like 38 Million people tuned into these conventions {yes, each one}.. If after hearing what the two parties have to say, how could it happen?

If it happens, what will the American people have seen in these people? these ideas..

It scares me.

Ivan...............
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

Barry Hufker

Re: The "other" Reality
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 09:44:58 PM »

Ivan,

Don't be upset.  First off, people are curious about Sarah Palin.  They are going to watch.  That doesn't mean they'll vote for her.

Take some comfort here if you like:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/03/opinion/polls/main 4413191.shtml?source=mostpop_story

Sixty-six percent had no opinion of her in a CBS News poll conducted over the weekend. In polling completed on Monday and Tuesday, sixty percent still had no opinion about her.

If the Republicans win, then they win.  We will find a way to endure as we have this past 8 years.  I can change the sign in the back window of my car from "Impeach Cheney and Bush" to "Impeach McCain and Palin".  That will help me meet new people on the road.

We'll meet here in the saloon to say what asses Republicans are and we'll plot our political course for regaining Democratic control of the government.

It'll be fine.

John Ivan

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 09:52:59 PM »

Thanks Barry,,

I'm not upset.. I'm actually quite optimistic about Obama winning. I was just wondering what others' thoughts were regarding what it is people see in the Republican "platform". I mean, all they have to say seems to be "The wolf is at the door and we need to kill them!!"

It's a strange set of circumstances. People seem to simply ignore the information that is right in front of them..

Thanks for you optimism ...and the link.

Ivan.....................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

angel

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 10:15:09 PM »

Who's this Obama?  Isn't he a bad guy?
Angel Erres
"Audio is life, at least from 9-5."

John Ivan

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 11:27:58 PM »

angel wrote on Thu, 04 September 2008 22:15

Who's this Obama?  Isn't he a bad guy?

Put your real name in your profile please.

I've noticed you have nothing to say. This is fine for awhile, but you wont last long..

Ivan..................

cerberus

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 11:30:35 PM »

i feel bad for the guy now.

he's a decorated hero. but he
doesn't compare to a military
leader like ike. do you know
what i mean? so might he
feel a bit uncomfortable
suggesting he knows
how to win a war?

there is nothing in his history
to allow him to be what
he is not. so can we
go with "maverick"?

jeff dinces

Barry Hufker

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 11:52:44 AM »

Maverick!!  I liked that TV show -- James Garner -- good times...

McCain never led anyone or anything.  The only notable thing he ever did was get shot down.  I'm not belittling how horrible being a POW must have been, but that experience does not qualify him for anything other than being able to talk about what it takes to be a POW.

Military leaders don't make good presidents.  Ike is a good example.  They are used to giving an order and having it obeyed rather than having things debated, filibustered, altered in committee, etc.

McCain is not a good civilian or military leader.  He is not a leader.  Voting with Bush 90% of the time, he has shown himself to be a good follower.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.