R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm Voting McCain  (Read 12427 times)

grantis

Re: I'm Voting McCain
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2008, 12:36:03 AM »

jimlongo wrote on Thu, 04 September 2008 23:34

Sounds like you should just sit it out.

Uh-oh, bring on the political activists.
Grant Craig
Nuovo Music (Me)
Skiddco Music (Where I work)
Work History (Well, some of it anyway)

Barry Hufker

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2008, 12:40:37 AM »

I am saved and educated.  I wouldn't ever in this election vote anything else but Democrat.

Palin isn't a fresh anything.  She's a dyed-in-the-wool Republican't.  The Republicans are 25 years too late in having a woman in a presidential election.  That in itself shows how lame they are.  She isn't fresh, she's a cynical political choice.  I can go on with this part of the explanation but why.  If you can't see it, you probably never will.

If you think this election is about "personality" or "character" instead of issues then you've fooled yourself.  But if you want to go that route, McCain has 150 special interest lobbyists running his campaign.  These include his chief strategist.

It amazes me that people think Republicans are for the "middle class" or for them in any fashion.  John McCain thinks the middle class is anyone who makes under 5 million a year.  What a joke that is.  Middle class income is considered to be between $35k and $75k a year!!!

mgod

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2008, 12:41:37 AM »

And hey, speaking of handouts, I've paid higher and more taxes under these douchebags than ever before. Shall we look at where that money did and didn't go?

Handouts. Bullshit. Kneejerk half-witted thinking, most likely inherited and accepted without any real thought. Or would you care to boast about arriving at such a dumbass conclusion all by your self?

Yes war is bad, and especially bad when the purpose of the war is more handouts to bullshit companies that produce nothing useful, money from my pocket to theirs. And lots of it. Would I rather feed someone than kill them with my bucks? You bet.

Its this kind of crap that rightly gets one political party, the one having its not-one-useful-word-yet-spoken convention right now, labeled the party of assholes. It is. You want negative? You got it, aimed square at you. John McCain I like, when he's not drugged like now. But you?

You want more years of this crap? You want more handouts to Halliburton and Blackwater? From your pocket, not mine. These leeches on society have taken enough of my daughter's inheritance. Talk about a death tax...

DS

"There IS no Coolometer." - Larry Janus

mgod

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2008, 12:47:00 AM »

grant richard wrote on Thu, 04 September 2008 21:33

I stand on my faith.

Obama is pro-choice, not something I'm willing to vote for.

Then its probably a safe bet your faith also requires you to take care of the poor and treat your enemy as your brother. Given some of your other statements, you don't sound very saved, you sound like a pick and choose faithful guy, who goes for what suits what he already finds convenient and doesn't bother with the stuff that's a challenge. Handouts are required for salvation.

DS
"There IS no Coolometer." - Larry Janus

Barry Hufker

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2008, 12:52:15 AM »

I have no desire to go through all the reasons why McCain is an amoral, cynical hack.  If you think single-issue voting is going to get you what you want (illegal abortion) then have at it.

If you want to talk serious politics then I'll do that.  But brickwall "anti-abortion" "Pro-life" crap is not worth writing about one more time.  You buy the lie that illegal abortion is an answer to a problem better solved in much more moral, compassionate and Christian methods.  

Being pro-life means being for ALL the living.  Republicans aren't.  That's it plainly and simply.

I said my best answer in my first post.

I'm through with this thread.  Good luck with casting your vote Grant.  

grantis

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2008, 12:56:32 AM »

mgod wrote on Thu, 04 September 2008 23:47

Handouts are required for salvation.

DS

You have a distorted view of salvation.

Faith is required for salvation. Period.
Grant Craig
Nuovo Music (Me)

grantis

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2008, 12:59:13 AM »

Ya know, I might regret this in about...2 replies...but I have to ask.

At what point do democrats become "the man"?
Grant Craig
Nuovo Music (Me)

organica

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2008, 01:05:28 AM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Fri, 05 September 2008 00:40

Palin isn't a fresh anything.  She's a dyed-in-the-wool Republican't.  ......

I can see your point . She may also be an anomaly . Unlikely perhaps , but it's too early to tell .

btw- How many special interest lobbyists are involed in Obama's campaign ?

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2007/08/09/pacs_a nd_lobbyists_aided_obamas_rise/

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/01/07/sc_obama _backer_is_also_a_lobb_1.html

You may not think that character matters . But I believe that it does .

grantis

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2008, 01:08:35 AM »

groundhog wrote on Fri, 05 September 2008 00:05

You may not think that character matters . But I believe that it does .

Sweet.  I'm not alone in the forum.
Grant Craig
Nuovo Music (Me)

John Ivan

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2008, 01:26:39 AM »

grant richard wrote on Fri, 05 September 2008 00:28

"War is bad, now give me a hand-out!!"

Guys, I started this thread out of sheer curiosity to see who would reply negatively.

I figured since nobody in the saloon talks about anything BUT politics, I'd get an idea where some folks REALLY stand.

A couple things. I don't believe for a moment that you didn't already know where most of us stand on who we are voting for.

Now, the other thing.. If you really believe that the Democratic platform is simply "War is bad, now give me a hand out", then you are a backwards, illiterate dumby..

Look, there is NOT ROOM for you in the national debate if you are going to be using this kind of one line republican rove shit. Really. The country is sick of it..

This shallow thinking is THE REASON our kids are coming home in bags, smart guy. You will not slogan your way into the White House this time. Sorry.

"Tax and spend Liberal"- Republicans don't tax? You don't spend? Really?

"You don't love our country"- What, republicans love our country more? Really?

"The Republican party is the party of Family values"- I have a family. We already have a set of values, thank you very much. We do not get our value system from a political party. Maybe you do, but we don't . We are the "DEMOCRATIC PARTY". See?

"You guys don't support our troops" Non sense. More than non sense. It's a lie you people repeat on purpose because you don't want to talk about the fact that Iraq was the biggest mistake we've made, maybe ever {we'll see}.. There are democrats serving and dieing right now! My dad was in the U'S. Air Force.

Where I stand is very firm ground. From a policy stand point the republican party barely exists at all. Bush has vetoed thousands of pages of things he doesn't understand and the guy you are running now can't run a damn cash register. As for deciding when where and how to use force, this white house may have in fact broken the Law.

War is bad. It's a pretty serious thing to most of us, but not all of us, obviously.

EDIT: I thought I would ad that many who cry "Murder" about abortion have no problem sending 18 and 19 year old Americans to bleed to death in a country that had nothing to do with 911. This is just plain sick. You can MOVE INTO a church if you want to, and hold a Bible in your hands for the rest of your life but for those who believe in this whole heaven thing, I doubt you'll be able to get by the big guy with this one. Talk about yer' "Values".. It's some pretty sick shit man.......

There. Ya know where I stand now?

Why did you start this thread again?

Ivan.......................

"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

grantis

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2008, 01:32:39 AM »

Thank you for that Ivan.

Anyone else?

EDIT:
(FYI, not including myself, I've counted 11 democrats and 1 republican in this thread so far.  So my question still stands to the democrats.  At what point do democrats become "the man"?)

Grant Craig
Nuovo Music (Me)

Hallams

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2008, 02:25:37 AM »

Interesting stuff here. My take is people can vote for who they like without false assumptions being made as to why the vote that way.  Simplistic and i think most here agree. Debate means airing our views and often this reveals prejudice from "both sides, and I'm prepared to live with that while continuing to speak my mind.
   Pro life is a good concept and needs to be seen in a wider context than the abortion debate. Pro life to me also implies an unwillingness to condone the dropping of bombs on Lebanon and Iraq. Collateral damage.....what a piss poor euphemism for politically sanctioned murder in the name of God, Freedom and Democracy. I have a few pics in my screen saver that come round once in a while  so i don't forget the international war crimes my country was  a co-partner in committing.
 Salvation, another good concept, but a simplistic word i try and avoid in tagging myself as a believer. No offense or criticism meant to those who use the term, just using it to illustrate a perspective....... And that is the first dimension of being a christian to me is a personal response to the life and choices made by an individual 2000 years ago that have become more than a merely moral construct for me. This involves more than the words written in the old and new testament fundamentally, (pun intended ) important as they are. It is a response to the notion of being whole, and responsive to a world that has changed as our enlightenment has grown in the areas of human behavior, science and the existence and spirituality of peoples other than those of a  Judeo- Christian heritage. The awareness of history is a great resource on what not to do in a national and international arena.... check out the Milligram experiments on human behaviour with respect to those in positions of authority and leadership.  Among other things, a handy reference to leadership as employed in many christian organisations. And while i'm at it it's worth mentioning that science can be the new religion!
 Single issue politics is, at its base level a symptom of controll and manipulation.
  Obtaining an overview of a political party or candidate's aproach to a broad range of issues is the only way to make a a response based on your own value system, beliefs, and consience. Freedom upholds the right of every individual to decide based on their own convictions. With freedom comes responsibility, to be informed.
Poorly informed positions are most likely to be a response based on laziness or prejudice or both. Political movements exell in the promotion of prejudice, and intellectual laziness, to their own advantage. As do many religious organizations. May be as a guide, look at the option that least uses such strategies......
mmm...... end of rant.

Chris Hallam.
Melbourne, Australia.

Edvaard

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2008, 02:28:07 AM »

Lest we overlook the overlying situation concerning abortion and war ....

You promote life (ostensibly, ideologically), yet you advocate the destruction of  life ...

You profess to be "pro family" whilst happily destroying many thousands of families, in service to your skewed "ideals" (they're Muslims, we're Christians, any questions?)

You want to bring on your abortion pictures? Great. So here's some pictures from war, just to make you happy;

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://depleteduraniu mthechildkiller.com/DUB12.jpg&imgrefurl=http://depletedu raniumthechildkiller.com/&h=297&w=468&sz=18& hl=en&start=1&um=1&usg=__ZHJ1L07BQuIVo0XB_N3Su4U s7yc=&tbnid=9B-r1wQ54XO7gM:&tbnh=81&tbnw=128& ;prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddepleted%2Buranium%2Bpictures%26um%3D1%2 6hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozil la:en-US:official%26sa%3DX

Cute kids, huh?

Thank goodness for American intervention.

So, to go further in the question of rights to abortion or not ...

In reality, this is all about poor, under-privileged teenagers not having enough sense to prevent an unwanted situation.

I am SO glad that, as a male, I never made any bad decisions or took any wrong course, or never took anything in my actions as it might manifest to the future, etc.

I just fucked whoever I could. But if the female in question indulged likewise, "society" now has a say over the outcome of things, but only to HER, not YOU (or me).

Convenient, huh?

Damn right!

Vote Republican, man.

That's what it's all about, making others suffer the responsibility for your own irresponsibility.

grantis

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2008, 02:36:13 AM »

Hallams wrote on Fri, 05 September 2008 01:25

Poorly informed positions are most likely to be a response based on laziness or prejudice or both.

Or apathy...I'm with ya.
Grant Craig
Nuovo Music (Me)

grantis

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2008, 02:37:33 AM »

I find it interesting that nobody has commented on McCain's extra-marital affair.

Any takers?
Grant Craig
Nuovo Music (Me)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.