R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm Voting McCain  (Read 12475 times)

Barry Hufker

Re: I'm Voting McCain
« Reply #195 on: September 08, 2008, 03:10:32 AM »

Grant,

I thought I'd check in to see how this train-wreck of a thread was doing.

I think you've done a very sad thing.  You have baited and ridiculed the fine people of this forum.  These are people I've known for a number of years now through correspondence and phone calls.  These are people who would drop everything if they thought they could help someone.  Through your "joke", you've shown great immaturity.  You have belittled people who have hung on in the thread in the hope they might make a real contact with you as a person.

You have squandered good will, the chance of real friendship, solid business relationships, the opportunity to gain real insight and so much more.

If banning you is being proposed, I will back it if I'm asked how I feel about it.  And that is really sad.  So much would have been given to you through the people you meet here and you threw it all away for a cheap joke.

Barry

rankus

« Reply #196 on: September 08, 2008, 03:47:45 AM »

+1

Rick Welin - Clark Drive Studios http://www.myspace.com/clarkdrivestudios

Ive done stuff I'm not proud of.. and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting ~ Moe Sizlack

"There is no crisis in energy, the crisis is in imagination" ~ Buckminster Fuller

maxim

« Reply #197 on: September 08, 2008, 06:20:38 AM »

lighten up, you guys

as larry said: thank god, it's only a motion picture....

grantis

« Reply #198 on: September 08, 2008, 06:39:38 AM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Mon, 08 September 2008 02:10

Grant,

I think you've done a very sad thing.  You have baited and ridiculed the fine people of this forum.  These are people I've known for a number of years now through correspondence and phone calls.  These are people who would drop everything if they thought they could help someone.  Through your "joke", you've shown great immaturity.  You have belittled people who have hung on in the thread in the hope they might make a real contact with you as a person.

You have squandered good will, the chance of real friendship, solid business relationships, the opportunity to gain real insight and so much more.

If banning you is being proposed, I will back it if I'm asked how I feel about it.  And that is really sad.  So much would have been given to you through the people you meet here and you threw it all away for a cheap joke.

Barry

I guess apologies are in order then.  I did not realize my having fun in the saloon would cause such grief.

I'm sorry.  No better way to say it.
Grant Craig
Nuovo Music (Me)
Skiddco Music (Where I work)
Work History (Well, some of it anyway)

grantis

« Reply #199 on: September 08, 2008, 06:40:56 AM »

maxim wrote on Mon, 08 September 2008 05:20

lighten up, you guys

Thanks for that.

Grant Craig
Nuovo Music (Me)

John Ivan

« Reply #200 on: September 08, 2008, 08:31:32 AM »

What do I ave wrong Grant?

You think this is all funny..

I think this means that something is wrong with you.

You would vote for McCain.

I think this makes you stupid and mean..

The fact that you wasted the time of all these cats , means that you have no idea at all what we are facing.. You don't know how bad your life could get. You're an American. You've never had it "bad".. Really.. You are a two or three issue voter.. Man, is THAT ever stupid... Old Johnny comes out and says three lines about Baby Killers and he's got your vote.. He hangs a mental case Governor on the bill and everyone goes nuts.. Why? Because she doesn't own a Penis?
You people are amazing..

Lazy and stupid..

What am I wrong about Grant?

Ivan........................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

Jessica A. Engle

« Reply #201 on: September 08, 2008, 10:06:24 AM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Mon, 08 September 2008 02:10

Grant,

Barry

Thank you for taking a moment to sum up what is going on here so eloquently.  And for being civil and objective about it, as well.  This thread should have ended at post number five.  Everything that needed to be said about it had already been said by that point.

Jess

mgod

« Reply #202 on: September 08, 2008, 10:08:49 AM »

John Ivan wrote on Mon, 08 September 2008 05:31

I think this means that something is wrong with you.

That much is obvious. What a way to use one's time. Especially for someone espousing faith.

John Ivan wrote on Mon, 08 September 2008 05:31

The fact that you wasted the time of all these cats , ...

Ivan........................

I don't think my time has been wasted. Despite the smug non-entity who has struggled and failed to make himself the center of this, I've enjoyed, as usual, conversing with the rest of you.

DS
"There IS no Coolometer." - Larry Janus

cerberus

« Reply #203 on: September 08, 2008, 02:41:13 PM »

i agree with dan (and others)... grant isn't very good at trolling.

jeff dinces

bblackwood

« Reply #204 on: September 08, 2008, 03:38:32 PM »

While we generally let things go well beyond what we will in the rest of the forums, the fact that this turned out to be simple trolling pisses me off. I expect more from posters here and am *this* close to banning the OP from the Saloon permanently.
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

danickstr

« Reply #205 on: September 08, 2008, 04:52:02 PM »

This reminds me of the proverb about the boy who cried troll....
Nick Dellos - MCPE  

Food for thought for the future:              http://http://www.kurzweilai.net/" target="_blank">http://www.kurzweilai.net/www.physorg.com

John Ivan

« Reply #206 on: September 08, 2008, 04:57:48 PM »

And I know I've been a bit harsh. But it's worth pointing out that the subject matter we are dealing with here could not be more serious.. At least, this is my opinion.

If Grant wants to discus this stuff seriously, that would be great. But to be simply trolling for heated responses and not trying at all to get to the bottom of who the candidates are and why we may or may not be voting for them, is just lame.

After all this, I still don't have any idea why Grant might be voting for McCain.. It would be good to hear the reasons. If he has reasons, that's fine but so far it's just been about how bad "Liberals" are.

Ivan.......................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

grantis

« Reply #207 on: September 08, 2008, 06:24:39 PM »

bblackwood wrote on Mon, 08 September 2008 14:38

While we generally let things go well beyond what we will in the rest of the forums, the fact that this turned out to be simple trolling pisses me off. I expect more from posters here and am *this* close to banning the OP from the Saloon permanently.

As the poster before you said...I'm not very good at trolling...I'm not even sure what it is...maybe that's why I suck at it.

Again, very sorry.

Grant Craig
Nuovo Music (Me)

garret

« Reply #208 on: September 08, 2008, 07:54:05 PM »

An internet troll is someone who posts inflammatory things just to get attention, and to get a rise out of people.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_Internet
tomorrow is already here - http://www.worksongs.net/

YZ

« Reply #209 on: September 08, 2008, 08:25:31 PM »

Hi Grant,

I'd suggest you watch the 20 minute presentation here:

http://www.storyofstuff.com/

to get a "big picture" view of the linking of economics, politics, environment, vested interests, and how this affects everybody everywhere.

It is far from complete, even oversimplified at times, but IMVHO it is a good starting point.

I hope you'll enjoy watching it.

regards,

YZ
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.