R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: The thread dedicated to "almost analog" plug ins.  (Read 31133 times)

eightyeightkeys

Re: The thread dedicated to "almost analog" plug ins.
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2008, 01:08:35 PM »

A.J. wrote on Fri, 26 September 2008 19:00

Ryan Slowey wrote on Fri, 19 September 2008 09:28

Worth checking out, is the Massey TD5 delay plugin. I've yet to find a software delay that sounds as good and is as fun to use...Highly recommended.

Absolutely! It's one of the only delay plugins I like to actually hear in the mix. And the only one I don't have to EQ the crap out of to make it useable. But it seems most people here like the Massey stuff. They're all pretty great... and "almost analog".

Too bad they're not VST !

From his web site :
Q. Are you going to port these plug-ins to AU, VST, DirectX, etc!??
A. I would love to support all the platforms. But, maintaining and debugging so many variations would be a significant on-going commitment that could compromise my current support and maintenance obligations. So, for the time being, I plan to focus on the current offerings and my existing customers.

Doh !
Dave T.
D&D Music

Nick Sevilla

« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2008, 01:02:43 PM »

Thanks Jay, for the reply.

I am awaiting word as to the compatibility of the UAD-2 Nevana128 card, which is what I'll be adding to my ProTools HD rig.

As soon as that is declared compatible, I'm getting it.

Cheers
-------------------------------------------------
It is quite possible, captain, that they find us grotesque and ugly and many people fear beings different from themselves.

www.nicksevilla.com

Bill_Urick

« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2008, 06:26:23 PM »

meverylame wrote on Fri, 26 September 2008 23:13

I'm working on this plugin right now. I'll call it the "clientizer". Available on all platforms. Its a clean stereo 1 db boost on whatever you put it on. Just A/B it for the client. They'll be amazed. You'll be on the way to being to next Phil Spector. 20 USD. Per license.

I'll be happy to beta test this for you, if you like.
Good sense is, of all things among men, the most equally distributed; for everyone thinks himself so abundantly provided with it, that those even who are the most difficult to satisfy in everything else, do not usually desire a larger measure of this quality than they already possess.

Nick Sevilla

« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2008, 11:56:30 AM »

Thanks Jay (Ashermusic),

I was informed that the card I want to buy, the UAD-2 Nevana 128 (the Quad core one) is not yet compatible with ProTools HD.

So i will have to wait , but I will buy it as soon as it is running under PTHD, as this is the system I will be running at home from now on.

I still like Logic Pro 8 better for mixing... Wink

Meanwhile, I do want to tell people about the Waves Vintage Classic Bundle.

I've used these, and got to compare them recently at a friend's house, who has the API Lunchbox with all the different modules, and some Neve rackmounted EQs, including the 1073 and the 1081s.

We compared the demos to the real ones he has. They were VERY close. Yes, they are emulations, and as such they are not identical, but we were able t get them close enough to within an acceptable range that we were happy with.

So +1 to Waves and their Neve and API clones. We did not get to compare the SSL, as we did not have one handy Smile

Cheers
It is quite possible, captain, that they find us grotesque and ugly and many people fear beings different from themselves.

www.nicksevilla.com

PookyNMR

« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2008, 02:54:41 PM »

I'd have to agree.  The Waves API, Neve, Fairchild / Pultec, SSL emulations all quite good.  They have some of that character that comes from actual knobs.
Nathan Rousu

Vertigo

« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2008, 01:27:42 PM »

Quote:

Occasionally, there is a plug in that makes me think I'm working in the other realm. No, they aren't the same and I'm not talking simply GUI emulations I'm talking about funky, usually inexpensive plugs that do things I miss from the world of tape.

The first one is Dischord 2 by Audio Damage.

I bought this plug-in about a year ago based on Fibes recommendation. I can attest to its "analog" sound, usability, and general awesomeness. It's probably my favorite plug-in when it comes to modulation effects (for which I generally almost always favor outboard). There aren't many bases it can't cover in this regard.

Quote:

The Waves API, Neve, Fairchild / Pultec, SSL emulations all quite good. They have some of that character that comes from actual knobs.

I swore off of all Waves plug-ins many years ago. The API and SSL suites really changed my mind. The API eq's are very "life-like" and can do some amazing things when boosted, although I don't find them useful for cutting. I think the SSL comp emulations are among the best compression plugs out there.

-Lance

Empty Planet

« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2008, 09:16:57 PM »

Well now, how about an ADT plugin?

VST (unfortunately for the PT users), though there is an AU version, and NO GUI!  But it DOES have adjustable ADT pan, wow %, wow frequency, flutter %, flutter frequency, and the option to choose (separately) between sine and triangle waveforms for both the wow and flutter.

http://www.vacuumsound.de/plugins.html

I've just been playing with it for a few minutes, but it seems kinda great.   Cool

Oh yeah, it's free.  Very Happy   God bless VST.

Cheers.

fragletrollet

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2009, 05:43:34 AM »

Acusticaudio Nebula 3 Pro + AlexB's console emulations ()http://www.alessandroboschi.eu/html/en/alexb.htm)

Run the RND5088 (Guess what preamp that is Very Happy) on all samples (maybe several times)prior to any other prosessing, and find yourself eq'ing and prosessing less later, and it certainly adds a sparkle!

And so cheap!

wwittman

« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2009, 12:31:30 AM »

I like the Bomb Factory Essential Tuner

it works just like a hand held guitar tuner, it's free, it's accurate

and it's just about the only plug in I can honestly say I can't instantly tell from the analogue version

William Wittman
Producer/Engineer
(Cyndi Lauper, Joan Osborne, The Fixx, The Outfield, Hooters...)

Hallams

« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2009, 07:51:47 PM »

[quote title=meverylame wrote on Sat, 27 September 2008 13:13]I'm working on this plugin right now. I'll call it the "clientizer". Available on all platforms. Its a clean stereo 1 db boost on whatever you put it on. Just A/B it for the client. They'll be amazed. You'll be on the way to being to next Phil Spector. 20 USD. Per license. [/quote

Does that mean after a few years using the "clientizer" i'll end up bald and in jail?
Chris Hallam.
Melbourne, Australia.

seedyunderbelly.com

« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2009, 06:02:10 AM »

Chris,  It's well laid and in jail.

xj

Ashermusic

« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2009, 12:17:19 PM »

Empty Planet wrote on Tue, 07 October 2008 02:16

Well now, how about an ADT plugin?

VST (unfortunately for the PT users), though there is an AU version, and NO GUI!  But it DOES have adjustable ADT pan, wow %, wow frequency, flutter %, flutter frequency, and the option to choose (separately) between sine and triangle waveforms for both the wow and flutter.

http://www.vacuumsound.de/plugins.html

I've just been playing with it for a few minutes, but it seems kinda great.   Cool

Oh yeah, it's free.  Very Happy   God bless VST.

Cheers.

Thansk for the tip, i look forward to trying this.
Composer, Logic Pro Certified Trainer, Level 2
Author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 8"

www.jayasher.com

zmix

« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2009, 01:45:04 AM »

Plugins sound "analog" the same way that HDTV looks "real".....

Ashermusic

« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2009, 10:25:44 AM »

zmix wrote on Thu, 02 July 2009 06:45

Plugins sound "analog" the same way that HDTV looks "real".....

Good analogy, Chuck.

That said, just as I cannot have the actors or sports players in my living room so I have HDTV, I will use the UAD plugs.Smile
Composer, Logic Pro Certified Trainer, Level 2
Author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 8"

www.jayasher.com

Fibes

« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2009, 10:38:04 AM »

Yeah Chuck, hence the "almost" in the thread title. For me the GUI isn't what gets me in familiar territory with emulations, it's the things that happen when you tweak it. There have been a few plugs that do what I consider a decent job but unfortunately none of them are EQs or Compressors.
Fibes
"You can like it, or not like it."
The Studio

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewArtist ?id=155759887
http://cdbaby.com/cd/superhorse
http://cdbaby.com/cd/superhorse2

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 19 queries.