R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Thompson on McCain  (Read 3209 times)

Steve Hudson

Re: Thompson on McCain
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 02:37:43 PM »

Andy Peters wrote on Wed, 03 September 2008 12:32

J.J. Blair wrote on Tue, 02 September 2008 23:01

WTF was Fred doing bringing up that McCain dated a stripper while at the Naval Academy?  Seriously

He's trying to say to a group of old white guys that Johnny Cakes was just bein' a Good Ol' Boy, sowing his oats.

Or something like that.

-a

That's similar to what lost Clayton Williams the Texas governor's seat (won by Ann Richards) when he mused about crossing the border to Boy's Town in his youth to get "serviced" by the local putas (among other verbal gaffes).
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."

- Hunter S. Thompson should have said this, but didn't

http://www.myspace.com/steventoddhudson

fiasco ( P.M.DuMont )

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 05:51:25 PM »

Edvaard wrote on Wed, 03 September 2008 01:24

If you want to know what is even more sad, that would be the decades-long unholy crap that the "two party system" has dumped upon us for seemingly interminable eons.

Clinton sucked.

Sorry, no two ways about it.

Just because 'they' come up with some unholy mess that is even worse, viz, some idiot-faced jester-for-president, to cover up for Cheney and Rumsfeldt, doesn't mean that it got any substationally worse or better, politically speaking.

I don't like politics.

Wonder why.

Hillary and Kerry held their inkpad out for the rubber stamping of the IraQ war, for Bush (i.e. Cheyney and Rumsfelt) to dip the stamp into.

That is, they voted for approval, ALL of them allowing themselves to be subjected to the "one question" kindergarten routine in the senate, as for determination of hundreds of thousands of human lives.

As long as democrats and republicans hold sway here: to use a movie title as a term; "There Will Be Blood".

Congratulate yourselves on your "ideals" all you like.

OH!, and let's not forget, the term "politics" allows us to avoid anything resembling substance, and just "get to the point", i.e. personal attacks, fodder for good jokes, making one or two guys a good living on the television, etc., as civilization takes a dive.

Sorry, don't let me get in the way of any "Zappa said it, I believe it, that settles it; I'm just as puerile and crude and crass and callous as he ever was, but I look up to his "genius" " acolytes here.

This is where we are going, folks.

Quit complaining, you're having too much fun.

Hey, don't go throwin' your logic and rationale around here pal ... it's us versus them.
Philip

John Ivan

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 06:21:29 PM »

Edvaard is right to some extent..

The only answer is that individual people need to know more about the system and it's up to each person to educate themselves and help inform others.

Until we, the American people pay much closer attention to what is going on in Washington, we will get what we've been getting.

I do believe though, that we are lucky to have Obama. This is just my opinion. I'll be watching him closely but I am optimistic that he's really good people and he cares. I hope I'm right.

Ivan................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

fiasco ( P.M.DuMont )

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 07:13:25 PM »

John Ivan wrote on Wed, 03 September 2008 18:21

Until we, the American people pay much closer attention to what is going on in Washington, we will get what we've been getting.
Ivan................

I believe you are most certainly correct John.

I also believe that these partisan politics are flying in the face of what needs be done.

I hope you are right. I hope I am right.
Philip
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 21 queries.