R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Sarah Palin is McLazarus' VP pick  (Read 36957 times)

rphilbeck

Re: Sarah Palin is McLazarus' VP pick
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2008, 10:10:12 AM »

J.J. Blair wrote on Fri, 29 August 2008 23:03

But the fact that she's an evangelical christian should be enough to want to keep her as far from the office of president as possible.  

That coming from a self-proclaimed recovering born again christian.  How many faces have you worn in your life J.J., and why should we expect the principles you hold today to the the principles you'll hold tomorrow?  As far as I can tell your core conscience is as solid as a sponge.

Forget about experience and focus on accomplishments.  B.O can't even hold a candle to Palin.  The guy has done zilch.  Furthermore, none of you knew anything about this woman until yesterday, which is not enough time to understand who she is or what she has done.  We've known B.O. for a number of years now and can still see he hasn't done shit.  Give it a minute for her accomplishments to come to light.

mgod

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2008, 11:00:26 AM »

PRobb wrote on Fri, 29 August 2008 10:45

The job of the VP is to be ready to be president.

The job of Dan Quayle was to be so obviously awful and out of place that no one reasonable would take a shot at a Bush.

DS
"There IS no Coolometer." - Larry Janus

J.J. Blair

« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2008, 11:26:09 AM »

RPhilbeck wrote on Sat, 30 August 2008 07:10

That coming from a self-proclaimed recovering born again christian.  How many faces have you worn in your life J.J., and why should we expect the principles you hold today to the the principles you'll hold tomorrow?  As far as I can tell your core conscience is as solid as a sponge.

Forget about experience and focus on accomplishments.  B.O can't even hold a candle to Palin.  The guy has done zilch.  Furthermore, none of you knew anything about this woman until yesterday, which is not enough time to understand who she is or what she has done.  We've known B.O. for a number of years now and can still see he hasn't done shit.  Give it a minute for her accomplishments to come to light.

Comedy ... on both assertions. As far as I can tell, you know absolutely nothing about me.  On a quick note, I was indoctrinated into being born again as a child.  By the time I was adult, I've had pretty much the same "core conscience" that I do today.  But nice try.

BTW ... Obama taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago for 12 years.  If you know anything about the U of C (I graduated from their Lab School), not only is it one of the most prestigious schools in the country, but becoming a member of their faculty is an accomplishment of enormous proportions.  

So, a PTA mom, almost beauty queen, who graduated unremarkably from Univ. of Idaho with a degree in journalism has accomplished more than the head of Harvard Law review and Univ. or Chicago professor of constitutional law?

And a degree in journalism prepares you to be president how?
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

J.J. Blair

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2008, 11:29:45 AM »

Bill_Urick wrote on Sat, 30 August 2008 04:55

JJ, as an enlightened liberal who stands for equality and dignity for all mankind, don't you think your remarks are a little sexist?

What's wrong with being sexy?

http://acmesiren.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/spinaltap2.jpg
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

mgod

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2008, 11:40:03 AM »

Bill_Urick wrote on Sat, 30 August 2008 04:55

Interesting points. From reading this thread the biggest impression I have, as always, is the the level of venom coming from the left side of the console.  Smile  

JJ, as an enlightened liberal who stands for equality and dignity for all mankind, don't you think your remarks are a little sexist?

I would expect more rejoicing over a gaff of the magnitude "ya'll" seem to think McCain has committed.

Instead I sense anger and outrage.

The important point here is how the VP selection effects the electability of each presidential candidate.

From this standpoint, Obama has erred and McCain has enhanced his position. More later, have to work today.  

A very interesting post. Unsurprisingly, the venom appears to me to be coming from the right side of the console, and most of it is right there in that quote. What a surprise.

I think this is all beside the point. Its pretty obvious no one has gotten behind Obama for his experience. His oratory, like JFK's and MLKs, is what's gotten people's pulses going a little faster. He inspires people. His speech Thursday night was unlike any a politcian has given in this country. JFK wasn't particularly experienced either when he got to the big house, and had a lot of learning to do very fast to understand the forces at work around him. He didn't learn fast enough, it appears.

The bigger mystery to me is what has happened to John McCain, formerly an articulate and vital man and who I, a recently as earlier this year, considered to be the last hope left for the decaying Republican party. His own party threw him to the dogs in 2000, when his being elected might have made a difference for the country, and they appear to have done it again. This bizarre choice just underscores that there's something going on there that's not quite kosher. Maybe he just really is too old for this. But I miss him.

The way Gore didn't defend himself from the incredible lies being told about him in 2000 (McCain tried but no one listened), the half-hearted campaigns that Kerry ran in 2004 and McCain is running now, its enough to make one think the paranoiacs are right and that these things are decided beforehand by a group of who-knows-what that we have no access to.

What I found really appalling was watching this Alaskan girl's face being so smug as she talked about her son going to Iraq, sacrificing him for the ability to brag about him. Blech. There was a time when McCain wouldn't have been associated with something so dim-witted. He was always able to bring a little more depth to the politicking. No more.

EDIT: I think Obama brings even more depth. A conversation between him and the McCain that used to be would have been good for everyone. But watching McCain's moves now, I no longer think that what we do matters much. I suspect these things are decided in corporate office suites and are based on ways of manipulating public perception so as to shift our money one way or another, but mostly just away from us and to the corporate elite. And so in the end, what matters most is who is leading China, and how much they think they still need us. Our own conservative financial experts have abandoned us (and needless to say, our men in uniform), and made billions doing it.

DS

mgod

« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2008, 12:03:07 PM »

From the rabidly leftist LA Times:

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-mccainassess30-20 08aug30,0,7090723.story

""Americans like risk-takers, but they also want to know that in times of crisis, you're going to be calm," said Matthew Dowd, who was a senior campaign strategist for President Bush but is neutral in the McCain-Obama race."

WTF? Neutral?

DS

J.J. Blair

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2008, 12:09:24 PM »

Quote:

JFK wasn't particularly experienced either when he got to the big house, and had a lot of learning to do very fast to understand the forces at work around him.

Neither was Lincoln, another first term Senator when elected.

But, in the case of JFK, you can see how judgment overrides experience, during the Cuban missile crisis.  He was able to fend off hawks on his staff, like Curtis Le May, who were as anxious to start a shooting war with the USSR as Cheney and Rumsfeld were to start one with Iraq.  
studio info

mgod

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2008, 12:14:08 PM »

Hey, the Dems ran a woman in 1984, the Repugs took 24 years to catch up. Does this remind anyone of the saying we used to hear about Windows 2000, and the Mac vs. PC "debate"?

DS

mgod

danickstr

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2008, 12:59:16 PM »

are her supporters Eliot S. Toile and Dennis Sinned called Palin-drones?
Nick Dellos - MCPE  

Food for thought for the future:              http://http://www.kurzweilai.net/" target="_blank">http://www.kurzweilai.net/www.physorg.com

mgod

« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2008, 01:50:49 PM »

In this photo she's supposed to be 7 months pregnant

http://www.adn.com/politics/v-gallery/story/339576.html?/pol itics/v-enlarge/story/339576-a339575-t3.html

One of the daughter at the same time :

http://bp2.blogger.com/_eeBrCFDUUOc/R9SMzjkqrLI/AAAAAAAAAUw/ thEnzs9T7GY/s1600-h/PalinFamily.jpg

J.J. Blair

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2008, 02:19:15 PM »

mgod wrote on Sat, 30 August 2008 09:52

Alaskans on Palin:

http://mudflats.wordpress.com/

And then:

http://www.palinfacts.com/

http://sarahpalin.typepad.com/

I'd read the mudflats one already, and it is very enlightening to hear a Alaskan's perspective.  His take on her popularity rating is very interesting.

This one is downright hilarious:

http://www.clusterdouche.com/blog2/?p=191

I'm listening to McLazarus' campaign director not answer every single question about Palin and just stick to the talking points.  Why can't people answer questions?  What he just said had not a single thing to do with the question asked, and the stupid reporter didn't call him on it.  
studio info

Barry Hufker

« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2008, 02:30:28 PM »

"What he just said had not a single thing to do with the question asked, and the stupid reporter didn't call him on it."

That's because the mainstream media has been (at least up to this point) pro-McCain.  They let him get away with anything.  Many of them have admitted it.  But they excuse it by saying "he was a pow".

organica

« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2008, 02:31:47 PM »

Does anyone happen to have access to a list of legislative accomplishments of Obama's and Palin's ?

Could you please list them here ?

I don't have time to look it up myself but it would certainly be educational and helpful ( for me at least).

Thanks .

jimlongo

« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2008, 02:48:58 PM »

mgod wrote on Sat, 30 August 2008 13:50

In this photo she's supposed to be 7 months pregnant

http://www.adn.com/politics/v-gallery/story/339576.html?/pol itics/v-enlarge/story/339576-a339575-t3.html

One of the daughter at the same time :

http://bp2.blogger.com/_eeBrCFDUUOc/R9SMzjkqrLI/AAAAAAAAAUw/ thEnzs9T7GY/s1600-h/PalinFamily.jpg

Certainly wouldn't be the first time a mother "bearded" for her teenage daughter.  Add to that the story about her flying home after her water broke, bypassing any number of highly qualified hospitals to get back to her home town before delivering the baby . . . did McCain really vet this person or what?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 20 queries.