R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Sarah Palin is McLazarus' VP pick  (Read 36952 times)

amorris

Re: Sarah Palin is McLazarus' VP pick
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2008, 01:49:24 PM »

Quote:

Well, way to break the news cycle being about Obama's speech.

exactly. a most excellent job of it as well.

amorris

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008, 01:51:07 PM »

also, I thought CNN changed the format of their website this week, updated the fonts and framing,...no just giving HC the widest front page Ive ever seen. glad there's no bias.

and I guess they're back to normal today.

Jay Kadis

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2008, 01:56:06 PM »

She even LOOKS a little like Dan Quayle.

Rader Ranch

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2008, 02:10:33 PM »

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/CaughtBeatenOff/mccainpalin.jpg
scott...

Berolzheimer

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2008, 02:14:56 PM »

Rader Ranch wrote on Fri, 29 August 2008 09:07

VPILF, lol (see vpilf.com).

Wow, that didn't take long.

I thought too that perhaps he's going after the supposed disgruntled Hillary supporters, in which case the Repubs have bought into their own fiction.

The film sound side of my life:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0077235/

A bunch of songs I've recorded and/or mixed are here:
http://www.zget.me/billionaires/

Berolzheimer

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2008, 02:16:45 PM »

J.J. Blair wrote on Fri, 29 August 2008 08:35

Let's see: She's extremely pro-life.  She's pro gun, and an NRA member.  She's pro-drilling in ANWAR.  She raised taxes during the three years she was part time mayor of some bum fuck town, population 8,000.  She's under investigation for ethics by the state of Alaska.  

I love this pick!

Hey JJ, please don't use the term "pro-life".  We're all pro life, of course.  Call them what they are that's different than the general public, which is "anti -choice".

Podgorny

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2008, 04:54:50 PM »

Berolzheimer wrote on Fri, 29 August 2008 13:16

Hey JJ, please don't use the term "pro-life".  We're all pro life, of course.  Call them what they are that's different than the general public, which is "anti -choice".

Right, because the latter description doesn't hold any implications either...
How about we keep this discussion on topic.

"Nobody cares what the impedance is; all they care about is when you can walk into the room, set up a mic, turn the knobs, hit record, and make everybody go 'wow.'"

Berolzheimer

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2008, 05:19:38 PM »

Podgorny wrote on Fri, 29 August 2008 13:54

Berolzheimer wrote on Fri, 29 August 2008 13:16

Right, because the latter description doesn't hold any implications either...
How about we keep this discussion on topic.

As I see it that is right on topic.  By using their chosen and very propagandistic term "pro -life" you play into their agenda, implying that those of us who disagree with them are anti-life.  It's relevant to this discussion because as JJ pointed out it's part of Palin's platform.

danickstr

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2008, 05:46:49 PM »

What a cun-tree.  Shocked  (Use heavy accent ala Yakov Smirnoff)
Nick Dellos - MCPE  

Food for thought for the future:              http://http://www.kurzweilai.net/" target="_blank">http://www.kurzweilai.net/www.physorg.com

J.J. Blair

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2008, 07:10:42 PM »

If I were McLazarus, I'd have put it this way:
"FInally, a vice presidential candidate with a face you'd want to spooge on."
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

Paul Cavins

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2008, 08:17:26 PM »

Alright, you fucks, I'll bite. You need a little rightie spice in this discussion.

I want someone to tell me why Barrack Obama has more experience to be president than Sarah Palin.

Just tell me. She is a first term governor, meaning executive experience. He is a first term senator.

If Obama is so great and ready to be president, then why does his resume only equal (if that) Palin's?

Any assault on her experience is one on Obama's isn't it?

Rational thoughts, please.

PC

Paul Cavins

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2008, 08:23:23 PM »

index.php/fa/9810/0/

J.J. Blair

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2008, 08:25:40 PM »

I wonder if anybody went with the headline "McCain taps Palin."

I'd tap it.

She's  a full on cougar.  Grrrrrrrr.....
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

J.J. Blair

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2008, 08:42:37 PM »

Paul Cavins wrote on Fri, 29 August 2008 17:17

I want someone to tell me why Barrack Obama has more experience to be president than Sarah Palin.

Well, let's just start with the experience of going from being an underpriviledged kid to being the head of Harvard Law Review.  

Also, when asked about her opinions on the Iraq war, she said, "I haven't really put much thought into it."  

Maybe she knows how to run the state of Alaska (so far), but he clearly has a better command of not only foreign policy.  He's been on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee as well as the committee for Homeland Security, and Veterans Affairs.

When he was a state senator, there he represented more people in his district than there are in the state of Alaska.  

He managed to run a campaign that vanquished the seemingly unbeatable Hillary Clinton, and got more votes in a primary than any other candidate in primary history.  

She was runner up to being Ms. Alaska, was part time mayor of a town of less than 10,000 and has 18 months under her belt as governor of the 4 least populous state in the nation.  Hey, if Ahnuld can be governor or California, I don;t know that being governor for a short period really impresses me that much.  It's a long way from Juneau to Washington.  

Does that answer your question?

This is pretty good, too.  Yeah, they are biased, but if it's what it looks like, he McLazarus might have an Agnew on his hands.  

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/08/29/palin-corruption-investi gation/
studio info

Paul Cavins

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2008, 09:14:17 PM »

I don't doubt Barack's good personal story. Palin went from being a PTA hockey-mom to being governor. That's pretty good, isn't it?

He has done next to nothing on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

From Salon.com.
"Doubts about Barack Obama's presidential credentials have crystallized during the past two weeks over his stewardship of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee's Subcommittee on European Affairs, which has convened no policy hearings since he took over as its chairman last January. That startling fact, first uncovered by Steve Clemons, who blogs on the Washington Note, prompted acid comment in Europe about the Illinois senator's failure to visit the continent since assuming the committee post, and even speculation that he had never traveled there except for a short stopover in London."

Keep in mind that he has been in the Senate for a really short time, so a lack of accomplishment isn't a surprise.

He was in the Senate for about 150 days before running for president.  

Alaska's population is 670k, Delaware is 853k. Joe Biden eat your heart out on the train back to your house.

Obama ran Harvard Law Review, Palin has been governor of a state.

I heard about Palin's ex bro inlaw thing. Could be interesting.

I have a few in me. I'll try harder tomorrow.

PC

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.