R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Sarah Palin is McLazarus' VP pick  (Read 36954 times)

maxim

Re: Sarah Palin is McLazarus' VP pick
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2008, 01:43:53 AM »

she sounds odious...

Bob Boyd

« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2008, 01:53:46 AM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Sun, 31 August 2008 00:12

When it comes to politics and genuine care for the people on this earth, a great many of my brothers and sisters in Christ are full of shit.

You know what?  You're right Barry.  And a great many always will be.  The church is full of people and because of that it will always be just as flawed as any organization with people in it - often more so.  That not an excuse.  It's just a fact.

I would be happy to have "Christian" and "Republican" separated from each other.  This polarization happened over Roe v. Wade.  The truth is Republicans don't own morality and tying the two together cheapens a much greater message.

I know you're impressed with your laundry list but my faith has nothing to do with bathroom stalls, scandals, or failures on either side of the aisle.  Saying one thing and doing another is hypocrisy and should be held to accountability - Republican, Democrat, religious or not.

I believe in separation of church and state but both of us will always be guilty of voting based our values.  That's the way it works.
Bob Boyd
ambientdigital, Houston

http://ambientdigital.com
http://myspace.com/ambientdigital

Twitter: @bobboyd

Look, I know it's mean.  But sometimes the end justifies the mean.

Barry Hufker

« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2008, 02:21:12 AM »

Bob,

I agree with you completely.

So... you'll be voting Democrat....

PookyNMR

« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2008, 02:21:14 AM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Sat, 30 August 2008 23:12

When it comes to politics and genuine care for the people on this earth, a great many of my brothers and sisters in Christ are full of shit.

Let's not forget that a great number more are wonderful people with good heads on their shoulders who do a lot (personally, with their own hands) to love and care for both their neighbors and others around the planet.
Nathan Rousu

Bob Boyd

« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2008, 02:29:14 AM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Sun, 31 August 2008 01:21

Bob,
I agree with you completely.

So... you'll be voting Democrat....

Shocked
Bob Boyd
ambientdigital, Houston

http://ambientdigital.com
http://myspace.com/ambientdigital

Twitter: @bobboyd

Look, I know it's mean.  But sometimes the end justifies the mean.

Barry Hufker

« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2008, 02:53:51 AM »

PookyNMR wrote on Sun, 31 August 2008 01:21

Barry Hufker wrote on Sat, 30 August 2008 23:12

Let's not forget that a great number more are wonderful people with good heads on their shoulders who do a lot (personally, with their own hands) to love and care for both their neighbors and others around the planet.

I'm not worried about them.  Those aren't the ones making life miserable.

J.J. Blair

« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2008, 03:31:54 AM »

Bob Boyd wrote on Sat, 30 August 2008 20:36

J.J. Blair wrote on Sat, 30 August 2008 22:14

I love how "pro-life" people tend to also be pro death penalty.

And I love how everyone who is pro-choice misses the beginning of human life (that's us) but wants to talk to me about the lives of owls and trees.

That's horse shit.  

I hear way more about that "eye for an eye" crap from the religious right than I do radical conservationism from the majority of our population who think that government has no fucking business telling a woman whether or not she can choose to have an abortion.

Quote:

Quote:

You know, I honestly don't give a shit when the people think life begins, but don't want them to legislate it...

Isn't it interesting that every time a pregnant woman is murdered that there are 2 counts of murder?  Who else was victimized?

Say all you will about Sarah Palin.  Compare her's and her daughter's bodies all you want (seriously?).  Any person or any family that knows that they are having a down's syndrome baby and welcomes that child into the world with loving arms deserves our respect.

And this qualifies her to president how?  So fucking what?  

First off though, the law that counts it as two counts of murder was written by anti-abortion wing nuts, taking advantage of the Lacy Peterson frenzy.  That law never should have been passed, and Democrats were too afraid to stand up to it at a time when people had no common sense, because they were so caught up in a sensational murder case.  It's an attempt to bootstrap the anti-abortion agenda into case law, so don't even try bringing that up as some point of legislation that we're supposed to agree with.  You know damn well where that came from, and who put it there.

Secondly, I didn't say a thing about her daughters.  

But as far as having a fifth kid when you're 43, I'll give you another Bill Maher quote:

"Five kids?  Why is it that Republicans are so against the concept of pulling out?"

BTW, when she had that kid, her water broke right she gave a speech in Texas.  Even after breaking water, she gave the speech, then got on a plane to get home and have the baby in another state.  She at least was smart enough to not to want her kid to be a Texan.

Oh, and another great point from Bill Maher:

"When Sarah Palin gets a 3am cal, it's because there's a moose in the garbage can."
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

John Ivan

« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2008, 06:00:14 AM »

Paul Cavins wrote on Fri, 29 August 2008 20:17

Alright, you fucks, I'll bite. You need a little rightie spice in this discussion.

I want someone to tell me why Barrack Obama has more experience to be president than Sarah Palin.

Just tell me. She is a first term governor, meaning executive experience. He is a first term senator.

If Obama is so great and ready to be president, then why does his resume only equal (if that) Palin's?

Any assault on her experience is one on Obama's isn't it?

Rational thoughts, please.

PC

I stopped in  the thread right here to say that , while experience CAN be a GOOD thing, it has proven in the very recent past to be a total disaster.. Sending your kids, for instance, to a pre-school that has a lot of experience abusing kids isn't really a good thing..

No one has it.. There is no special experience that can prepare you for the White House. I am voting based on what I see as the persons' judgment. In my opinion, Obama is a mental giant compared to everyone running on the Republican side.. Certainly, he is the better person for the job..

"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

John Ivan

« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2008, 06:46:49 AM »

Bill_Urick wrote on Sat, 30 August 2008 07:55

Interesting points. From reading this thread the biggest impression I have, as always, is the the level of venom coming from the left side of the console.  Smile  

JJ, as an enlightened liberal who stands for equality and dignity for all mankind, don't you think your remarks are a little sexist?

I would expect more rejoicing over a gaff of the magnitude "ya'll" seem to think McCain has committed.

Instead I sense anger and outrage.

The important point here is how the VP selection effects the electability of each presidential candidate.

From this standpoint, Obama has erred and McCain has enhanced his position. More later, have to work today.  

I think this does change the conversation America will have about McCains' run/ticket. It really does make me wonder though. Sarah seems nice enough and all {although I disagree with nearly all her positions on the issues that "matter" to me}, but what does she bring to the table as VP? How in the world can they believe she can debate Biben?

I don't think for a moment that they were going after disillusioned Hillary voters with this pick. I think they wanted to secure the ultra right wing on the social issues and bring a fresh face. She might prove to be a powerful mind but I simply do not see how they can win..

I think America will be driven to the polls to vote for Obama because he will along with Biden, really be more truthful about what is going on in both Washington and America in general. People are already having a hard time figuring out whether McCain has anything to say on the issues.. When a man with his experience can't even accurately observe the serious problems in our Economy and fails even the most basic geography questions on the middle east and has a hard time grasping the cultural significance of the Iraqi "Tribal strife", people get worried these days.

Look, I think he's mostly a good cat and I don't strongly dislike the guy but,, even many Republicans I talk to admit that he seems very disconnected and out of touch... I just don't see it happening for the Republicans this time and this is a good thing.. The party is in disarray and they need a good cleaning. It's time for the Democratic Party to show us how policy making and governing should be done..They need to reshape Americas voice in the world. If they blow this, I will be very very pissed. Hurt. Sad..  

WE NEED OBAMA AND BIDEN TO DO A GREAT JOB. THE COUNTRY, ALL OF US, DESPERATELY NEED THIS TO HAPPEN .

At this point, this would be GOOD for the Republican party in the long run. They need to shake this incredibly strange and ugly image they've built for themselves.

Ivan...............
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

Edvaard

« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2008, 06:51:04 AM »

J.J. Blair wrote on Sun, 31 August 2008 03:31

But as far as having a fifth kid when you're 43, I'll give you another Bill Maher quote:

"Five kids?  Why is it that Republicans are so against the concept of pulling out?"

So now a woman choosing to have more than two kids, or having any at age 43, is considered as an acceptable point of derision?

I'll say, I do have trouble keeping up with the latest in this modern world.

I'm not sure if eagerness to do battle with Republicans is sufficient excuse to insult women, however.

If you claim to be pro choice (which I am), then why do you find the other side of the coin, i.e., the choice of how many children to have or when to have them, to be something worthy of ridicule?

I'm fairly certain that Bill Maher's writers were merely using the "five kids" part as opportunity for the double entendre "Why is it that Republicans are so against the concept of pulling out?" as a poke against the Iraq fiasco, not as insult to family choice.

organica

« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2008, 10:30:51 AM »

J.J. Blair wrote on Fri, 29 August 2008 10:43

Well, way to break the news cycle being about Obama's speech.

I thought that the speech started off well , but I fell asleep after about 10 minutes  . GOP's news cycle about their convention will no doubt be broken by the hurricane .

mgod

« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2008, 11:26:51 AM »

Bob Boyd wrote on Sat, 30 August 2008 20:36

And I love how everyone who is pro-choice misses the beginning of human life (that's us)

Which is when exactly?

From personal experience, I think its when the man and woman meet, but one could argue that its when the parents are born, or conceived, or when their parents meet...

This is a discussion of the spiritual perspective on when life begins right? Its obviously not a scientific one.

DS
"There IS no Coolometer." - Larry Janus

mgod

« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2008, 11:41:59 AM »

Americans may not know, but the Europeans understand:

index.php/fa/9820/0/

DS

mgod

« Reply #88 on: August 31, 2008, 11:49:24 AM »

After watching Mrs. Palin in interviews for the last day, and especially this morning, I think McCain has made the ultimate cynical choice - he's gone for the stupid vote, the who-would-you-rather-vomit-in-an-alley-with vote. The Cheney/Bush/Satan vote, who can't relate to McCain's years of reasoned non-knee-jerk non-pandering positions, or to articulate educated politicians. She speaks to that part of the Bush base very eloquently.

DS

Barry Hufker

« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2008, 11:51:15 AM »

mgod wrote on Sun, 31 August 2008 10:41

Americans may not know, but the Europeans understand:

index.php/fa/9820/0/

DS

We've been seeing the real McCain - the one who will say and do anything to be president.  His whole life reflects that.  He will say and do whatever it takes to get what he wants.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 19 queries.