R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Sarah Palin is McLazarus' VP pick  (Read 37307 times)

ssltech

Re: Sarah Palin is McLazarus' VP pick
« Reply #300 on: September 23, 2008, 12:32:06 PM »

Given that it's been about a MONTH now, Sarah Palin hasn't held a SINGLE press conference. We start the debates this week, and it's only about 6 weeks to the election.

...AND FOR SOME INEXPLICABLE REASON, PEOPLE STILL THINK THAT SHE'S NOT HIDING ANYTHING, NOR IS SHE IN ANY WAY CONCEALING A WEAKNESS.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080923/ap_on_el_pr/palin_leader s

Keith
MDM (maxdimario) wrote on Fri, 16 November 2007 21:36

I have the feeling that I have more experience in my little finger than you do in your whole body about audio electronics..

Jay Kadis

« Reply #301 on: September 23, 2008, 12:43:34 PM »

Apparently they learned their lesson after letting Dan Quayle speak in the presence of the press.

mgod

« Reply #302 on: September 23, 2008, 04:29:48 PM »

index.php/fa/10002/0/
"There IS no Coolometer." - Larry Janus

John Ivan

« Reply #303 on: September 24, 2008, 02:53:13 AM »

arlenthompson wrote on Tue, 16 September 2008 18:14

Palin is a Neocon wet dream for a leader, having someone to mold ideologically without having to deal with all that "education" and "thinking".  She is the perfect noble liar.  I think she must be either a cynic, or dangerously naive, to be running a campaign on wanting to "stick it to the elites" and then get tutored on foreign policy by Bill Kristol.

I just had to repeat this.. It's some wild stuff we have going on these days in Presidential politics.

Good grief. Can they really win? I go back and forth being worried and laughing..

I admit. I'm a little afraid, nervous.

"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

organica

« Reply #304 on: October 03, 2008, 03:05:08 PM »

J.J. Blair wrote on Fri, 29 August 2008 10:43

Can't wait to see the Biden v. Palin debates.

So , how was it ?  

ssltech

« Reply #305 on: October 03, 2008, 03:26:48 PM »

...you should know... it was in YOUR town!  Very Happy

Wink

Actually they both did very well, I thought. -No disaster, no "own-goals" scored. Both avoided detail on most of the questions, and often avoided the questions... though she perhaps did more of that than he did; -leaving as she did the subject very swiftly, and returning directly to her talking-points. Joe had a LOT more data, but data is very dry. She had homespun 'cookies and cupcakes' when she settled in (after about a half hour or so).

For the first... four I think... questions, EVERY Sarah Palin answer's first sentence contained the word "but" which immediately preceded a departure from the subject/topic and immediately onto scripted talking point.

Also, never mind winking (which she did quite a bit of), she was blinking at an average rate of once a second (a sign of stress) whereas Joe was blinking once every couple of sentences, perhaps... right up until about midway through the debate, when he SUDDENLY and precipitously increased his blink-rate to about once a second also, right when he felt 'obliged' to respond/react and reached his most aggressive behaviour of the night.

My feeling was that she 'got to him' on whatever the subject was (I'm afraid I don't recall what she'd said immediately before) and it did indeed take him a little while to 'cool off', but I really want to review the video to see what it was that prompted his mood change... -Even my wife said "Wow... -he's pissed about something" while he was replying.

On the whole it was a VERY creditable performance from both, with perhaps Palin impressing me most as a quick study, though I still cannot go with her or McCain, though I must declare that her ability to 'needle' an opponent must NOT be underestimated.

Keith

Keith

I have the feeling that I have more experience in my little finger than you do in your whole body about audio electronics..

Barry Hufker

« Reply #306 on: October 03, 2008, 03:45:36 PM »

"...you should know... it was in YOUR town!"

No it wasn't.  It was in Saint Louis, Missouri!  MY home town.

Keith, I think you give Ms. Palin far too much credit for having "gotten to" Biden.  It was clear - on the right side was a soccer mom and on the left side was an experienced statesman.  She never angered him.  He was just forceful a couple of times, stating clearly that Republican lies are just that.  I didn't have any real opinion about Biden until last night.  Now I respect him a lot.  She tried needling him and she put the best face one could on the absolute nothing the Repugnants have to offer but it was still nothing.

ssltech

« Reply #307 on: October 03, 2008, 04:03:54 PM »

Darn it... -I could've SWORN that I heard it was in St. Paul...

My abject and unreserved apologies to you both for confusing the two cities. -My geographically-challenged brain must have heard "St.. something Miss-something" and filled in the rest on auto=pilot.

She definitely played the "soccer mom" act right up to -and in my case at least, slightly beyond- the point of irritation, and the little winks, head nods and waves, the name-check of the school in Alaska ("where all the students are gonna get extra credit for watching this tonight!") etc. were a little TOO cutesy for my tastes...

-But I swear that Joe Biden started off the evening scarcely blinking (Ooh ya, dont'cha know... it was even a Palin quote that when she was offered the spot on the ticket she "didn't blink... -because ya know, if ya blink..." -but she sure as hell made up for  all that non-blinking last night!) until a moment where he suddenly and dramatically increased his blink-rate... If I can find the spot I'll post it here, but I swear that something inside of him was 'triggered'.

And trust me, I don't want to give her undue credit, nor would I care to even consider that she could be the VP in a few months, without suppressing a gag reflex, -but I was impressed with how she improved over last week's "moose-in-the-headlights" interview bits.

Keith

PRobb

« Reply #308 on: October 03, 2008, 04:04:39 PM »

I thought the first presidential debate was a draw. I thought last night was a clear win for Biden. Palin is a mannequin. She had about four answers that she repackaged over and over again. And her "gee gosh-a-whillickers" routine gets very grating very quickly.

Bottom line- the job of the VP is to be ready to become president. I can see Joe Biden in the oval office. Can anyone say with a straight face they can imagine Sarah Palin is ready to be president?

index.php/fa/10063/0/
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

ssltech

« Reply #309 on: October 03, 2008, 04:36:12 PM »

The 'quaver' in her voice gradually eased as she settled in, also.

First answer: "Ask a soccer mom... we're all just sick about this!".

Second answer: "America has the greatest people in the world"

Third answer: "Yer darn right... hockey moms and Joe Sixpack got talked into this by dose dere evil predator-lenders, don'tcha know!" (...and the response to Biden's third answer also begins "Darn right...") and a final rebuttal "I may not answer the questions the way that the moderator and you want to hear, but I wanna talk STRAIGHT to the American people...

...I see a wanna be 'populist' pattern developing.

-Reviewing it all the day afterwards, I DO think that Joe Biden did rather better than I initially gave him credit for... and Palin looks a little more 'desperate' in retrospect.

...Oh, and that "I call that the ultimate 'Bridge to Nowhere'" -JUST as the clock ticked out was a masterfully-timed "joke-grenade", which those attending the debate actually laughed at about four seconds afterwards... -VERY cleverly timed on Mr. Biden's part, I think.

Palin looks a little bit like this now that I review the recording..
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000HB0QRY.01-A25KCI3KJ0JKBZ._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V39187993_.jpg

...although she sounds like this:
http://remotecontrol.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/miss-south-carolina.jpg

Keith

ssltech

« Reply #310 on: October 03, 2008, 05:08:32 PM »

Okay, here's the clip that I was thinking of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydnESMZ-WSE

At 3:28 in he asks to respond, and his blink rate finally matches hers... I think she knows that she's bothering him in some way, because her slightly condescending reply (at 4:22) is:

"Aaaah, say it aint' so, Joe. -There you go again, pointing backwards again though, -you prefaced your whole comment with 'the Bush administration', -now dog-gone it, let's tell Americans what we have, -to plan to do, -FOR them, -in the future..."

-If he'd even tried to be half that 'familiar', he'd have been torn to pieces.

Keith

John Ivan

« Reply #311 on: October 03, 2008, 05:52:18 PM »

ssltech wrote on Fri, 03 October 2008 17:08

Okay, here's the clip that I was thinking of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydnESMZ-WSE

At 3:28 in he asks to respond, and his blink rate finally matches hers... I think she knows that she's bothering him in some way, because her slightly condescending reply (at 4:22) is:

"Aaaah, say it aint' so, Joe. -There you go again, pointing backwards again though, -you prefaced your whole comment with 'the Bush administration', -now dog-gone it, let's tell Americans what we have, -to plan to do, -FOR them, -in the future..."

-If he'd even tried to be half that 'familiar', he'd have been torn to pieces.

Keith

HA! Yeah, when they met on stage, she asked: "hey, is it OK if I call ya Joe?"-- he said "sure"..

Funny.. She's a trip..

Ivan.........................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

organica

« Reply #312 on: October 04, 2008, 10:50:35 AM »

Uhh ...... it was enjoyable . Sort of like seeing  some child  in a schoolyard after being  ridiculed by a heartless lemming-like group of kids , coming out on top somehow ....... or like the story of the Ugly Duckling .

I was also left with the impression that Palin has a higher IQ and is more charismatic than Biden and McCain  . Would love to see her in a talk with Obama or the 4 of them in some sort of group debate /discussion but can guarantee you that Obama's handlers would be afraid to do so .

SUBSTANTIVELY ...... they both did well . One more idealist , the other one more old-school imo .

<"Bottom line- the job of the VP is to be ready to become president. I can see Joe Biden in the oval office. Can anyone say with a straight face they can imagine Sarah Palin is ready to be president?">

The V.P.'s Job: The only duty the U.S. Constitution assigns the VP is to act as presiding officer of the Senate. But the VP also serves as ceremonial assistant to the President and is an important part of the President's administration.

The VP is only "a heartbeat away" from becoming the President. He or she must be ready to become President or Acting President if anything happens to the President. 13 VPs have gone on to become President, 8 because of the death of a President. Gerald Ford became President after Richard M. Nixon resigned, and the rest were elected to the office.

ANYHOW ......  She'd be an improvement over Bush if she started today .

ssltech

« Reply #313 on: October 04, 2008, 12:13:32 PM »

groundhog wrote

ANYHOW ......  She'd be an improvement over Bush if she started today.

...And with that I must differ most strongly.

Why would she possibly be an 'improvement'? -To me she's about the same. -Prepp-able (impressively) for a single arranged debate, able to read a script (okay... that alone is an improvement, I'll grant you) but just as inexperienced, just as religeously zealous (or perhaps even more so), and even more poorly educated. She still can't say "nuclear", she's a 'stalking horse' darling for the far-right, and she's still doggedly pitching to "gee-willickers" 'plain-folk' as her hail-Mary dying-seconds effort. She's made the same number of overseas trips as the Shrub when HE was elected (unless you count a drinking-binge trip to Cancun that he made in his younger days) and she's STILL for abstinance-only... -just like Bush the idiot.

So the only way that I can see her as an "improvement" is being able to modulate her voice more convincingly when she reads, and having a nicer rack.

In terms of education, I'd be terrified of her backing this country even further into the blind alley of ignorance than the shrub has done. -In terms of foreign policy she knows even less than the shrub does now. -In several other ways she's starting a LONG way behind when Bush became president: -After all, he had a year or more of campaigning to prepare... Seven weeks ago, she said she didn't know what the VP's job entails...

So while reasonable people might consider the notion that the notion that she'd be an 'improvement' over 'cockBusher', I doubt that MANY would conclude so. -Not once they've REALLY considered the facts impassively.

Add to that the following fact:

THE ENTIRE REST OF THE WORLD -BY OVERWHELMING MAJORITY- THINKS THAT AMERICA WOULD FINALLY PROVE ITS LACK OF ABILITY TO SELF-GOVERN COMPETENTLY IF WE ELECTED THIS WOMAN VP.

Sobering.

Keith

John Ivan

« Reply #314 on: October 05, 2008, 06:12:30 AM »

The idea that Obama is in any way "afraid" of McCain or Palin is just some kind of a joke. Right?

Why do some folks simply not notice that there is only one campaign that is saying anything at all?? McCain is saying nothing new at all.. I've looked and looked, seriously. I have actually read nearly everything either campaign has said. McCain and Palin are coming up empty.. All they have is "Obama pals around with teristsiststs"..

The VP debate was a joke. Biden was being incredibly kind. He could have ripped her to shreds. He could have taken that debate over completely and asked her, "Do you know anything? Anything at all? Why are you even here? This is serious stuff. Who told you you could do this?"

But to many Americans would be "Shocked! Shocked I say!" that someone would have the balls to point out how completely irresponsible the Palin choice was. It would require real thought about the implications of this dim wit actually "accidentally" ending up in the White House.

What the Obama Folks have to be careful about, is saying, pointing out, reminding Americans what the truth is. This will get him in trouble in a hurry. Most people can't be bothered with it.

"Palin is a liar. She is dangerous because she isn't informed enough to hold the office. McCain is a two faced liar. There are hundreds of documents and decades of action that prove this."

People don't like this.

We might be screwed. If the republican party wins this thing because they were able to scare the American people into believing "Obama likes to hang out with them teriststssts", then my hunch that to many of us are honestly and hopelessly to stupid to deserve the nation we have, will have been proven beyond any doubt to be true. If this is going to be in the debate, then we don't deserve what we have..

It is so very disgusting. And predictable.

See why I say that the people who start this kind of thing should NOT be the people to finish it? I believe that Democrats have been pushed into a wall here again. And this time, they need to spend what ever they need to destroy the political lives of the top half of the neo-con movement..

If you accuse Obama of "hanging out with Terissssssts",, you should pay with your career.

Ivan...................

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 19 queries.