R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixosaurus drums?  (Read 20474 times)

Eik

Re: Mixosaurus drums?
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2008, 09:34:29 PM »

Congratulation, a good choice!

Amazing hats and cymbs.

Since Mixosaurus are reading this forum.
Why don't you add a few set more of drums, and raise the price.
I'm sure people are willing to pay extra to get more options of drums.

When you work on a wide range of productions, it's difficult to stick
with only one choice of drums set.

mr jason

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2008, 03:51:22 PM »

Pat, weren't you the drummer hitting the drums on the Jo Barresi BFD thing? Or you played some grooves templates for it or something?
I should really research before posting, but I'm sure I read that somewhere..

danickstr

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2008, 04:00:23 PM »

What shells do these kits run in?  I have a few sampler shells, but no info was available as to which ones are pre set for these sample packs.

Or do I actually, ulp, have to build kits myself???

Edit: I see that mix runs on Kontakt 2, does it run on Kontakt 3?  Sounds like an obvious answer, but many issues arise in the process.
Nick Dellos - MCPE  

Food for thought for the future:              http://http://www.kurzweilai.net/" target="_blank">http://www.kurzweilai.net/www.physorg.com

patrick_wilson

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2008, 05:44:58 PM »

I played some midi grooves for Evil Drums.  It's my favorite drum sample set.  

MIXOSAURUS

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2008, 07:16:04 PM »

Hi Enth,

Enth wrote on Sun, 17 August 2008 03:34

Why don't you add a few set more of drums, and raise the price.

not sure about the second part of your suggestion, but the first sounds good Wink .

Serious - we've started working on KIT B, however it'll take months to complete. We would've loved to create several kits from the start, but we'd probably still be editing (quite a task to process the 350GB of recorded audio for one MIXOSAURUS drumkit) so we decided to do one at a time.

I'll keep you updated. Thanks for sharing your ideas (feel free to keep them coming)!

regards,
Uwe

Rail Jon Rogut

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2008, 12:24:45 AM »

mr jason wrote on Sun, 17 August 2008 12:51

Pat, weren't you the drummer hitting the drums on the Jo Barresi BFD thing?

Bobby Jarzombek hit the drums on our Barresi pack.

http://www.bobbyjarzombek.com/

Rail
Recording Engineer

www.platinumsamples.com

Engineered Drums for BFD & Superior Drummer 2.0

Eik

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2008, 08:16:02 AM »

MIXOSAURUS wrote on Sun, 17 August 2008 18:16

Serious - we've started working on KIT B, however it'll take months to complete.

regards,
Uwe

Sounds really promising!!

Thanks!
a.e.e

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2008, 02:11:22 PM »

danickstr wrote on Sun, 17 August 2008 13:00

What shells do these kits run in?  I have a few sampler shells, but no info was available as to which ones are pre set for these sample packs.

Or do I actually, ulp, have to build kits myself???

Edit: I see that mix runs on Kontakt 2, does it run on Kontakt 3?  Sounds like an obvious answer, but many issues arise in the process.

This is from the Mixosaurus forum:

Yes, they can be loaded into the full versions of both Kontakt 2 and 3.

However, the patches do not allow to enter Kontakt's edit pages and thus you won't gain anything by using them in the full version except for the option to use MIXOSAURUS together with other Kontakt patches in one multi.

Alas, the compatibility to both versions 2 and 3 certainly is a good thing in case you ancounter a misbehaviour/bug in one of them...

I received the software yesterday and installed it this morning.  Installation was easy but it may be a while before I figure out how to get sound out of it.  (But then I've never used Kontakt before.)

danickstr

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2008, 05:21:17 PM »

Thanks for finding the info, Robt.

If you are just using the Kontakt player, then there should be no authorization issues.  I guess other steps depend if you are on mac or PC. My full version  Mac install went fine, and runs fine in DP 5.13.  I think it was challenge response.  Does BFD run only on VST? I see that it runs on AU. Better deal.
Nick Dellos - MCPE  

Food for thought for the future:              http://http://www.kurzweilai.net/" target="_blank">http://www.kurzweilai.net/www.physorg.com

MIXOSAURUS

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2008, 06:14:23 PM »

Hi all,

to avoid any misunderstanding: MIXOSAURUS comes with its own "shell" -> the KontaktPlayer2 software (VST/AU/DXi/RTAS plugins + standalone version) is included. You do not need K2/K3 to use MIXOSAURUS, but you can load the patches in them.

Quote:

I received the software yesterday and installed it this morning.  Installation was easy but it may be a while before I figure out how to get sound out of it.  (But then I've never used Kontakt before.)

Hi Robert,

if you haven't ever used Kontakt before then I suggest you start off by instantiating a stereo KontaktPlayer2 plugin in your DAW, then loading the "Standard Stereo Kit" preset into it ("Multis" tab on the left -> Big Kits Stereo Outputs -> Standard Kit -> MxA_S_Big_Stndrd). This should play right away since all mic tracks are played back through the plugin's 1+2 outputs (no extra routing should be necessary to hear sound).

Thanks for choosing MIXOSAURUS -whatever question(s) you might have, don't hesitate to ask.  

cheers,
Uwe

Eik

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2008, 09:06:53 AM »

Mixosaurus

I've decided to buy the Mixosaurus drums now, but I have a question related to
eSATA vs. external HD.

Is it possible to copy the archive to another HD without any restrictions?
I would like to move it to one of my eSATA discs in my computer.

Thanks!

MIXOSAURUS

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2008, 03:32:00 PM »

Hi Enth,

thanks for asking. I remember I've answered this in some other thread but can't find it anymore... so this will be a good opportunity to add the information to the MIXOSAURUS Support Forum, too ... thanks for the reminder, I'll add that later.

Here's the answer: Yes, it's a standard filesystem, no tricks. You can move/copy the files to another drive (and e.g. use the MIXOSAURUS drive/enclosure for any other "drive" purpose). The files themselves aren't copy protected, but you can only USE them on a system that has been authorized by NI's Service Center. There are TWO authorizations per serial number so you can authorize two computers.

best regards,
Uwe

Eik

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2008, 07:32:30 AM »

As the owner of the Mixosaurus drum kit for a while now, I can only say this:
This drumkit really works!

I was a little afraid of the limitation of only one kit in the package, but without reasons, I realize.
There are so many nuances of hits and dynamics, it's like having a real drummer out there. The mixing possibilities between the microphones, tuning and so.

And the quality of the recording, without any heavy processing, gives you the options as an engineer to shape the sound as you wish, like you do with a real kit in the studio.

I have replaced the drums on some songs I'm working on for the moment, with the Mixosaurus Kit. And that's it, exactly what I needed.
The drum sound became alive, with punch and breathing air.

I'll by happy to pay the same price again, for the next kit Mixosaurus are coming up with.

Bravo!

MIXOSAURUS

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2008, 08:59:36 AM »

Hello everybody,

I'll be attending the NAMM show in January - in case any of you will be there as well I'd be delighted to meet you. We won't have a booth but you can check out MIXOSAURUS firsthand on my mobile setup... if you're many, we might even organize a group demo (anybody have or know a suitable place around Anaheim/LA?). I'll be happy to answer questions and show users a few programming tricks. Or send me a few bars of your drum-less audio now and I'll bring the drums along for you to experience the real thing in a mix situation.

And yes, our NAMM info material will include preview audio of the upcoming release, KIT B.

If you're interested - yell. I'll be in Anaheim, CA from Jan. 15th-19th.

thanks for reading!
kind regards,
Uwe

MIXOSAURUS

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2009, 03:51:00 PM »

Hello all - better late than never, I'd like to wish you all a very Happy New NAMMuary and all the best for 2009! Here's the latest MIXONEWS:

HAPPY NEW NAMMUARY!

As you know, MIXOSAURUS DAW Drums will be attending the NAMM Show 2009 in Anaheim, California. What you might not know yet is that we celebrate this premiere with a 25% discount on KIT A (valid for all purchases before February). There won't be a MIXOBOOTH this year but we invite you to meet with us on the show floor or any other place in and around Anaheim. If you're interested to see/hear MIXOSAURUS in action, talk to me, listen to KIT B preview audio files or for any other reason, send me a PM to this PSW account or email namm@MIXOSAURUS.com so we can arrange a meeting.

--------------------

UPCOMING RELEASE - KIT B

Scheduled for release in later Spring 2009 is MIXOSAURUS KIT B: "B" as in Big ... Boom ... Bubinga! We've set up a fine TAMA Starclassic Bubinga kit in the big, ambient Teldex Lounge, fitted it with EVANS heads and completed the package with a set of Cymbals by various manufacturers that were all hand-selected by me. Going for a heavy, robust and guaranteed-to-cut-through sound we use larger drum and cymbal sizes this time (e.g. 19'
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 19 queries.