R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Hallelujah! FOOTBALL is on!  (Read 10654 times)

phantom309

Re: Hallelujah! FOOTBALL is on!
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2008, 10:41:03 AM »

grant richard wrote on Mon, 04 August 2008 23:32

J-Texas wrote on Mon, 04 August 2008 23:36

F-U GRANT.

You only watch other sports to hold you over until pre-season.

I find it a shame that this neanderthal sport has captivated the hearts of Americans and taken away from America's TRUE past time.

Plus, for me, it's simple math.  I only get 16 games a year (19 if lucky) with football, or 162 games per year (181 if lucky) in baseball.  THAT'S good business.  Ever wonder why football tickets are so ridiculous?  They only have 8 chances per year to get you in that seat, or better said, YOU only have 8 chances per year to GET in that seat.  

Now having said all that, I have to pull for the Chiefs, since I'm FROM KC, but if I wasn't from a sports town, I'd probably not care for football at all.  Baseball's in my blood though (family).

When they were building that sports complex on I-70, in, what....1972...our apt. faced the construction site and we watched the Chief's stadium being built. I couldn't WAIT for that thing to get finished. When it was finally ready, my father took me to a game against the Oakland Raiders and I nearly froze my ass off up in the nosebleed seats. You football fans are some hardcore humans.

On the other hand, I'll take a night game, cold beer, expensive hot dogs, and the  water fountains at Royal's Stadium anytime. I love that place.

Plus...it's just down the road from Gates and Sons BBQ!!
Those that can't get carried away, should be.
http://www.audities.org
http://www.mellotron.com
http://www.myspace.com/auditiesrecording
David T. Kean

grantis

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2008, 02:18:16 PM »

That is a man who understands!
Grant Craig
Nuovo Music (Me)
Skiddco Music (Where I work)
Work History (Well, some of it anyway)

PRobb

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2008, 05:17:00 PM »

I'm looking forward to following the Super Bowl Champion New York Giants.

Nothing to add, really, but I never pass up an opportunity to say Super Bowl Champion New York Giants. Very Happy

But I can't really start to concentrate on football until baseball season is over.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Barry Hufker

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2008, 06:05:25 PM »

bblackwood wrote on Tue, 05 August 2008 07:26

grant richard wrote on Tue, 05 August 2008 00:32

F-U GRANT.

I find it a shame that this neanderthal sport has captivated the hearts of Americans and taken away from America's TRUE past time.

Well, there's your problem - you're comparing a sport (football) with a past time (baseball). It's like comparing basketball to fishing.

LMAO.

Stavross

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2008, 06:39:02 PM »

The Raiders are going to suck (until Al Davis' kids put him into a home) and Iowa can't keep players out of trouble. Hurray for football indeed.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning". - Rich Cook

grantis

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2008, 08:38:41 PM »

bblackwood wrote on Tue, 05 August 2008 07:26

grant richard wrote on Tue, 05 August 2008 00:32

F-U GRANT.

Well, there's your problem - you're comparing a sport (football) with a past time (baseball). It's like comparing basketball to fishing.

Let me guess, you were an offensive lineman in high school.  
Grant Craig
Nuovo Music (Me)

Barry Hufker

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2008, 11:16:02 PM »

"Let me guess, you were an offensive lineman in high school."

That must be true of Brad as he is an offensive moderator now.

Get it?  Offensive?!  As in offending people!! Get it??!!
Damn that's a good one.

stevieeastend

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2008, 03:25:23 AM »

Yeeeeeesssss. Football is on. The Mancs, the scousers, the chelsea boys and Arsenal in England.
Bayern, Werder, Dortmund and "die Knappen aus Schalke" in Germany.
Grande Milano, Internazionale Milano, Roma e Juve in bella Italia..

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Football? What football?

bblackwood

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2008, 09:03:03 AM »

grant richard wrote on Tue, 05 August 2008 19:38

Let me guess, you were an offensive lineman in high school.  

Nope, defensive tackle.
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

Barry Hufker

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2008, 10:45:33 AM »

No... Not SOCCER... FOOTBALL!  You know, where men are men (in padded, helmeted armor) playing with an oblong ball (oxymoron) in between commercials.  Long (aerial) passes, fantastic "carries" downfield, touchdowns, field goals... You know, the Sport of Kings (that might be Polo).

Not that funny stuff with men in short pants running around for an hour in the hope somehow a ball will get kicked into a rectangle unless the guy there can stop it.

Yes, all of Europe, South America and spotty parts of North America can indeed be wrong about what Football actually is.  I say, "Let them come to America." Let them learn what sport actually is.

stevieeastend

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2008, 01:38:59 PM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Wed, 06 August 2008 15:45

No... Not SOCCER... FOOTBALL!  You know, where men are men (in padded, helmeted armor) playing with an oblong ball (oxymoron) in between commercials.  Long (aerial) passes, fantastic "carries" downfield, touchdowns, field goals... You know, the Sport of Kings (that might be Polo).

Not that funny stuff with men in short pants running around for an hour in the hope somehow a ball will get kicked into a rectangle unless the guy there can stop it.

Yes, all of Europe, South America and spotty parts of North America can indeed be wrong about what Football actually is.  I say, "Let them come to America." Let them learn what sport actually is.

Razz

...it IS funny considering that in soccer the suporters are the fighting ones... even without protection... actually when I think about it it´s not funny at all Wink

Barry Hufker

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2008, 02:38:11 PM »

People around the world do love their "football".  I am glad they are all athletic supporters...

Shocked

compasspnt

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2008, 08:41:49 PM »

I once got so bored watching American "football" that I decided to time, within a game, how long anyone actually PLAYED the sport.

Not watching the coaches on the sidelines, or the officials discussing a replay, or even the cheerleaders, or any of the other things they have to show ad nauseum when all of the "players" are grouped together discussing what they might want to do next.

It turned out (NFL game) that, out of an hour total time "on the clock," they actually DID SOMETHING for barely over twelve minuutes...at least in this particular game.

Astounding.

And remember that there are "only offensive" and "only defensive" players.

Making it six minutes per unit.

Not counting substitutions.

grantis

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2008, 01:15:24 PM »

compasspnt wrote on Wed, 06 August 2008 19:41

I once got so bored watching American "football" that I decided to time, within a game, how long anyone actually PLAYED the sport.

Not watching the coaches on the sidelines, or the officials discussing a replay, or even the cheerleaders, or any of the other things they have to show ad nauseum when all of the "players" are grouped together discussing what they might want to do next.

It turned out (NFL game) that, out of an hour total time "on the clock," they actually DID SOMETHING for barely over twelve minuutes...at least in this particular game.

Astounding.

And remember that there are "only offensive" and "only defensive" players.

Making it six minutes per unit.

Not counting substitutions.

Fabulous research!  I'd like to see a 300 lb lineman run up and down a soccer field for 90 min, or have the hand-eye coordination to hit a 95 mph fastball.
Grant Craig
Nuovo Music (Me)

bblackwood

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2008, 01:40:09 PM »

grant richard wrote on Fri, 08 August 2008 12:15

Fabulous research!  I'd like to see a 300 lb lineman run up and down a soccer field for 90 min, or have the hand-eye coordination to hit a 95 mph fastball.

You do realize that they've done this with baseball games for years, coming to an average of just under 10 minutes/baseball game...
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 19 queries.