R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: imp19 discussion  (Read 24949 times)

grantis

Re: imp19 discussion
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2008, 05:40:46 PM »

Quote:

Grant Richard - Aggressive snare treatment...nice. Sample or effect? Nice vocals. Nice mix overall.

Neither.....squisssssssh.
Grant Craig
Nuovo Music (Me)
Skiddco Music (Where I work)
Work History (Well, some of it anyway)

grantis

« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2008, 05:42:01 PM »

Quote:

grantrichard
Do I hear compressor pumping everything during the chorus?

Probably
Grant Craig
Nuovo Music (Me)

loudsongsinc

« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2008, 05:57:51 PM »

Huds wrote on Fri, 11 July 2008 16:30

Loudsongsinc
Other than the kick, pretty good.  Seems like the bass guitar fades back in the first chorus - was that intentional?
RMS: -16.03/-16.24

Thanks for the critique, Huds.  

I'll admit, the kick is a little different.  I heard it as thuddy.  What should I change about it to make it fit better?

The bass does pull back during the chorus, as well as the snare and overheads.  That's something I do to increase the perceived volume of the chorus.  Normally I'm working with heavier guitars and I pull the vocal back as well.  It seems to work, although you are the first person to ever point out that they noticed specifically what was going on.

Of course, this is the first time I've had feedback from real engineers. . . thank you!

Scott
Scott Bryant
Not an Audio Engineer

Huds

« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2008, 06:32:14 PM »

What should you change? That's the $64000 question... every mixer will give the get-the-bass-and-kick-to-lock speech, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone really describe it well in detail. What *I* usually do is listen to the overall tune and decide if I want a driving bass or driving kick (this song I went with the bass).  Get it sounding good to *you* (yeah I know - that's subjective) and then move to the kick.  Most of the time I'll scoop out the 200-300 range on kick just 'cuz things tend to muddy up as you build.  A little bump at 4-5K for a little snap and maybe a little bump down lower, but make sure it's not fighting with the bass.  Then start bringing everything else in

As for pulling back the bass, overheads, etc. to make the chorus seem louder, why not just give yourself some space from the start? Start your mix to peak around -12 or -6 and just turn up the volume.  Wait until your mix sounds good before you start trying to make it loud.

And the "real engineer" thing... who me? nahhhhhh  There's a lot of great mixers here - I'm sure they'll chime in with advice too...

loudsongsinc wrote on Fri, 11 July 2008 17:57

Huds wrote on Fri, 11 July 2008 16:30

Loudsongsinc
Other than the kick, pretty good.  Seems like the bass guitar fades back in the first chorus - was that intentional?
RMS: -16.03/-16.24

Thanks for the critique, Huds.  

I'll admit, the kick is a little different.  I heard it as thuddy.  What should I change about it to make it fit better?

The bass does pull back during the chorus, as well as the snare and overheads.  That's something I do to increase the perceived volume of the chorus.  Normally I'm working with heavier guitars and I pull the vocal back as well.  It seems to work, although you are the first person to ever point out that they noticed specifically what was going on.

Of course, this is the first time I've had feedback from real engineers. . . thank you!

Scott

Patrik T

« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2008, 07:08:31 PM »

Huds wrote on Fri, 11 July 2008 23:30

patrikt
Too much guitar (another guitar player?) in the heavier parts.  Hey... where'd the solo go?
Avg RMS: -11.77/-12.68  Loudness war violation Smile

RMS doesn't tell anyone anything about sound and even though I investigated in the RMS-concept some years ago, I today find it completely useless for audio.

Basically any visual aid, metering or meter that I see in the digital sphere is more or less a pain in the butt...

Thanks for the comments though! Too much guitar, dunno - I felt like tilting this piece towards a little more stoner-rock.

Most of the solos and licks went into the thrash simply because I have never understood why a singer would want to get his message torn apart by some Stratocaster-king doing his "thing" on top of the vox...

Mixing always starts in the rehearsal room.

Best Regards
Patrik

Careful Collapse

« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2008, 07:30:41 PM »

Like I usually do, randomized blind listening with a key at the bottom

1) Snare drum sounds flat to me.  Lots of space in this mix – I didn't hear this song as spacey song, personally.  I envisioned a more tight sound.  Sounds like the vocal is tuned.  I would have liked to have tuned a few parts myself but I don't have any tune plugins :\  Perhaps a bit excessive in like the 5-6k region.  I don't really hear any bass, either.  Too many guitars at some points makes things messy.

2) The delay on the acoustic guitar sounds very odd to me.  The drums sound a bit wimpy I think. The vocals fit nicely though, maybe a little bit dynamically erratic during the chorus.

3) Where's the bass guitar?  The snare is very prominent, also somehow sounds artificial to me – is it a replacement?  The “dooo yaah doo yaah” parts are pretty buried.  Vocal is a little too low at points I think.

4) Stereo acoustic guitar sounds odd to me.  The drums are way in the background, they don't poke out at all.  Bass guitar is kinda farty and inconsistent.  What on earth happened to the vocals?

5) The drums sound robotic to me.  Where's the bass guitar?  And where'd the hi hat go?  The 'dooh yah's fit pretty well.  The vocal isn't as upfront as I'd envisioned.  The mix as a whole is dry, which I think is appropriate, but I think this song could benefit from more punch.

6) Acoustic is kinda tubby and overcompressed.  The drums sound good, perhaps a bit cloudy and undefined, but nothing horribly offensive.  Bass guitar sounds a little over-compressed but at least it's placed nicely.  Vocal is placed nicely too, and in a nice tight spot.  Lots of bass on the guitars – a bit muddy I think.  That little accompanying clean guitar is a bit hard to hear. Background vocals too a little to low in my opinion.  Not perfect but I think the “fixes” would minor and easy enough anyway.

7) Where did all of the high end go?  I know it's cool on this forums to talk trash about high end but yikes.  Uh, another weird delayed vocal.   ????

Eight (stupid emoticons)) The drums sound robotic.  Are they replacements?  Another big roomy vocal in what I saw as a tight,  muscular song.  Bass guitar seems a bit muddy to me.

9) Interesting intro.  Not much high end on this one.  Vocal is really loud and uncompressed. Though I thought a song like this would benefit from in-your-face compression, I seem to be in the minority.  The mix sounds a bit distant, a bit lacking in upper midrange and again high end. What is that effect on the guitar near the end?

10) I don't know about the fading in drums although starting it out somewhat differently is refreshing.  Nice balance, perhaps a bit dark on the overall mix.  Probably the most muscular and tightest mix I've heard thus far.

11) Again, I didn't see this song as a big reverberant one.  The snare is really loud compared to everything else.  Really liked muting the drums huh?  That effect on the end is kinda cool although I don't know how appropriate it is for the type of song.

12) Really loud vocals and drums...  or really quite guitar and bass.  Snare sounds robotic and replaced.  Anyway, another roomy mix.  Guitars may be a little muddy.  Okay the balance is better once the electric guitars kick in.  The 'doo yah's are kinda loud.

13) Drums sound weird, like they're too heavily gated or something.  Bass guitar is a little bit farty, too I'd say.  Vocal sounds a little carelessly compressed to me - S sounds aren't particularly sibilant but they're curiously loud nonetheless.  Slow attack time?  Why are the “doo yah”s so dark?

14) Drums sound really thin relative to the instruments.  Another roomy vocal.  A little on the thin end but nothing seems horribly unbalanced.  Again, just roomier than I'd envision that song.

15) OH DEAR GOD THIS IS LIKE A GIFT FROM ZEUS HIMSELF BLESS YOUR HEART

16) Where'd the cymbals go?  Sounds like you may have gotten carried away with drum replacements.  Vocal disappears sometimes.  “doo  ya”s are perhaps a little dark.  Vocal is really loud during the final chorus.

17) What happened to the drums?  Is there a word that means “crushed” but like, 100 time moreso? The whole seems to be pumping oddly to some sort of compression.  What's that on the lead vocal?

18) Guitar are perhaps a bit muddy.  The mix itself seems a little bit lethargic.  Maybe a bit dark, too.  Too much low mids, anyway.

19) Interesting middy acoustic thing.  Vocal sounds pretty good.  Snare may be a little dark.  Is to me, anyway.  On the chorus now, perhaps the whole mix itself is a little on the dark side.  The balance is pretty much on, though.

20) Sounds distant, whereas I heard the song as being more up-front.  Drums are a bit wimpy in what I thought was a more punchy song.  The mix seems a bit diffuse, again I saw it as a tight, muscular song instead.

21) Roomy but at the least it's not VERY roomy.  Bass seems to be pumping in a weird way to me anyway.  Mix sounds a little bit scooped.  It sounds roomier now than it did before, although I'm probably full of shit.  I think the fade out is a great idea, and it's well executed.

22) Drums sound thin.  Vocals do, too.  Mix does, too.  Could use some fattening up, I think.

23) The acoustic guitar sounds like it's at the bottom of a stairwell or something.  Drums sound a bit distant, too.  Vocal sounds like it was room mic'ed in a shed or something.  It's pretty loud.  Is anything left dry on this mix?  That all probably sounded more harsh than I meant it to, for what it's worth.

24) Yikes, the drums sound artificial.  Roomy vocal sound weird for the song.  Pretty loud, too. Where are the guitars?  

25) I think it may be a little dark and the formerly-clean guitar may be a little overly distorted.  The vocal pops and doesn't seem to fit every once in a while but for the most part it's a good balance all around.

26) The delay on the acoustic guitar sounds wrong to me.  The snare seems flat and artificial, too.  I think the mix sounds a little bit scooped overall.  The vocal sounds disparate sometimes, it's kinda loud.  The chorus has a nice balance though, although I wonder where the cymbals went.  

1. imp19 MGT (4:56)
2. IMP19 Huds (4:59)
3. IMP19-ElDuderinoMix (4:35)
4. IMP19DBallenger (5:05)
5. Rankus-IMP19 (5:04)
6. imp19 patrikt (5:04)
7. IMP 19 JasonThompson (5:11)
8. imp19 grantrichard1 (4:59)
9. imp19 mix- maxim (4:45)
10. imp19 MSE (4:53)
11. Chrisilett (5:15)
12. IMP19-spoon (4:55)
13. IMP19 podgorny (4:59)
14. jdier imp19 (4:58)
15. imp19 carefulcollapse (4:33)
16. IMP 19 Loudsongsinc MP3 (4:44)
17. IMP19-slash5969 (4:34)
18. Imp19 Antman (5:01)
19. JNickel imp19 (4:49)
20. IMP19 DevinK 01 (4:40)
21. IMP19-YZ (5:01)
22. IMP19 MGA (5:04)
23. IMP19 mdifazio (5:02)
24. IMP19-sstillwell (4:55)
25. IMP 19GT (4:44)
26. IMP19-ATOR (4:37)

Feel free to dismiss my opinions as I'm just some hack in a bedroom with some speakers.
Billy V
I have my very own space on the nets http://www.myspace.com/carefulcollapse

Chris Ilett

« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2008, 08:07:13 PM »

Yeah again - the drum muting, the weird heartbeat kick in the middle and the effect at the end were just something else i would present to the band as an alternate.

I really got into the emotion of the song, and felt that some of those touches enhanced that.  Something had to come up front though, and it sure as hell wasn't going to be the out of tune bass. Or some of the vocals. Or those guitars.

Thanks to all for feedback though - another new set of monitors, and due to moving situation - little chance for playback on anything other than a TV set through my dvd player.

Think both listening situations are probably a little reverb light (meaning my mix is a little reverb heavy especially on the up front things) - and thats what I'll take away with me from this, so thanks!

MoreSpaceEcho

« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2008, 09:13:39 PM »

Huds wrote on Fri, 11 July 2008 22:30

What most will hear on the first listen is a gritty American Rock and Roll sound that could fit as well in classic rock sections as in alt.country bins.
----
If you saw this description BEFORE you started mixing, would you have changed what you did?  

nope. that's pretty much how i tried to mix it, just really straight ahead, not too obvious with the compression and reverb.

here's my notes, i listened in random order, apologies to the guys at the end...

chrisilett  nice kick. the vox reverb is weird. gtr dropout at the first break is kinda not smooth. the kick break...i don't like it either, sorry. the BVs are too loud on the choruses. trem guitars are cool but a little out of place on this sort of tune. good overall balance, maybe too much bottom snare.

maxim vox sound nice. bass is too loud, drums a little too far back. clean guitar a little loud. i dont like the fx on the lead gtr.

el duderino good mix. drums are too wide. could use more bass. gtrs 2nd verse too loud. BV panned L could be in a bit. chorus gtrs a little too compressed?

sumosan  kick is cool but too overpowering. i dont like the amp sim on the gtr. bass is a little clangy. nice snare. vox a bit too reverby. not bad overall. nice fade.

slash the drums are just way too compressed. they'd be cool for the intro, if you switched to the normal drums when the vox come in. guitars way way way too fuzzy and loud.

spoon lotta bottom snare. lead guitar a little dry and a bit harsh. otherwise cool.

stillwell AG sounds weird. drums too compressed for me. panned BV is weird. vox reverb a bit loud. chorus gtrs too quiet. i don't like the lead gtr fx.

teleric kick leans left a lot. overheads too loud. vox a little too dry, and the levels could be more consistent. leaving the drums out that long is brave.

yz cool intro, i'd be into leaving the bass out too. kick leans left a lot. bass a little loud in the chorus. drums get a little lost in the gtr solo. otherwise cool. i dunno if i needed to hear the chorus again at the end, but nice idea.

antman kick leans left. chorus guitars are a little loud and a little muddy. little too much verb on the drums. kick sounds good but too out front, it's a little loud relative to vox. the whole thing gets a little fuzzy on the choruses.

carefulcollapse kinda harsh. kick leans left in beginning.  chorus guitsrs sound weird. the compression is a little OTT on the drums and BVs. lead vox a little low. don't like the amp sim. i like going big with the do yas at the end.

devin k cool ideas just not appropriate for the tune. clean gtr loop is nifty but too loud. i like what you did with the drums at the very end

grantrichard drum comp is cool but too OTT. kick loud relative to vox. the mix feels like its being held back by 2 buss comp esp on the choruses. otherwise it's cool.

huds i dont like the acoutic doubling and the acoustic itself is way too loud relative to everything else. snare is kinda thin. vox a little loud overall. its kind of fizzy (like 10-12k) but not unpleasant. last chorus hits nice. cool verb at the end. a little tweaking of the balance and it'd be great.

mdifazio uhh...it sounds like you reamped the whole mix in the bathroom or something.

MGA acoustic is really loud. vox are quiet. bottom snare out of phase. fx on bvs is too much. gtrs too fizzy.

MGT overheads too loud and way too compressed. snare sounds like it's in a racquetball court and the guitars sound like a beer commercial. harsh overall. sorry.

mine kick and bass are kind of muddy, overall it's a little dark. i had a teeny bit of eq on the mix, but as i was eqing right at the end of mixing i was wary of adding too much high end. oh well.

patrik too smashed. drums sound weird, way too wide, they almost sound out of phase, and the drum sound doesn't fit with vox. vox levels are inconsistent. L gtr too loud. i can understand your aversion to guitar solos in general, but for this type of song the lead guitar part is kind of important.

podgorny way too smashed. tiny snare. i like the verb on the clean gtr break. too much verb overall though.

jason thompson that vocal is just too crazy.

loudsong sub on the kick a little too loud. i dunno about the panned lead vocal. a little muddy.

GT drums sound a little too drum machine. i dont like the amp sim. vox a little too effecty.

jdier drums too wide. snare thin. too smashed.

nickel vox a little quiet. the low mids are kinda boxy. too smashed. i like the mono guitars in the second verse.

rankus drums a little too drum machine. vox a little inconsistent. clean guitar a little loud.

ATOR i don't like the acoustic doubling. drum compression is distracting.

i need a nap now.

cheers

grantis

« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2008, 12:06:20 AM »

Quote:

Eight (stupid emoticons)) The drums sound robotic. Are they replacements? Another big roomy vocal in what I saw as a tight, muscular song. Bass guitar seems a bit muddy to me.

That may be the first time I've ever heard any drum described as "robotic".  No they're the originals.
Grant Craig
Nuovo Music (Me)

grantis

« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2008, 12:08:20 AM »

Quote:

grantrichard drum comp is cool but too OTT. kick loud relative to vox. the mix feels like its being held back by 2 buss comp esp on the choruses. otherwise it's cool.

i hope you're talking about the kick in the verses.  IMO, my kick nearly disappears in the choruses, which bugged me.  

i backed my typical 2buss comp way off on this one, i'll check it out.
Grant Craig
Nuovo Music (Me)

PaulyD

« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2008, 07:39:20 AM »

PaulyD wrote on Fri, 11 July 2008 03:33

Who are the band and the engineer on this?

Got it. Y'all will find out, too...in due time...

YZ

Post 2 of 4
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2008, 08:57:21 AM »

Ok, a few more:

ATOR - what can I say? honestly I loved it but for a little touch here and there. I like the sound of every instrument, just the balances that are a question of personal taste. I'm thinking: this instrumental with my vocal and editing...

ElDuderino - Another one where I like the intro and drum sound; buzzy gtr doesn't do it for me, loud vamp gtrs that I like the sound but are really loud; vocal treatment good, but lacks presence and volume.

Osumosan - intro good, until the over-resonant mondo kick kicks in; it does not match the rest of the kit, a pity because I'm liking the rest of the kit; vocal too distant and buried; another one who went for tinny buzzy gtrs; what's with the bass bukkakke?

Slash5989 - I almost stopped listening when the drums came in, I guess I'm in a mean mood this morning; let me finish my coffee first... ok I'm back...   overpowering kick, very obvious pumping, extremely loud; I like the vocal but not its ambiance; less bass bukkakke than Osumosan but still exaggerated, the mix is tiring to listen to.  do-yas fitting well with the lead; chorus does not rise; ending disconnected.

spoon - I'm liking this one, solid kick, 'natural' snare (maybe a little less bottom?), bass profound but not overpowering, lead vox nice, vamp gtrs well-placed.  chorus does not 'get alive', this is sounding like a variation of my mix? but better kick and bass;  too much do-ya. with better balancing it would sound much better, but a lot of the basic sounds are quite 'there'.

sstilwell -  intro gtr and vocals very 'AM' and filtered; here comes the mondo drums again, but done better than a previous mix;   not comfortable to listen to, gtrs too low, bass also extremely processed (could work as a secondary bass channel)...  is my monitoring this wrong?

Teleric -
intro OK, drums less bright, kinda 'honest drums'; I like the vocal treatment but not the ambiance, too dry for my taste. Another one that kinda reminds me of my mix, your bass seem better than mine just a tad low. the mix could be more open and airy, sounds constrained; middle break interesting.

It is really difficult for me to judge the work of others.

I will come back later with more.

regards,

YZ

osumosan

Re: Post 2 of 4
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2008, 09:45:44 AM »

YZ wrote on Sat, 12 July 2008 08:57

Osumosan - intro good, until the over-resonant mondo kick kicks in; it does not match the rest of the kit, a pity because I'm liking the rest of the kit; vocal too distant and buried; another one who went for tinny buzzy gtrs; what's with the bass bukkakke?
What do you mean by "bukkakke?" Do you mean sloppy and overdone?

Maybe I need to explain where I was coming from on this mix. I don't see this tune as anything other than going for a huge rock anthem retro pop hit. I thought the clean guitars begged for reamping towards this end as well as mondo drums. I thought a bunch of the clean mixes were really nice and big and punchy, but a bit modern sounding, which is fine, but that's not where I went. If I had some time, I'd refine the mids a bit. I also think a "hit" like this needs anthemic verb. To the same end I pushed the guitars down, maybe too much, because I wanted this to be a drums/vox mix with the guitars just supporting that.

Huds: I don't monitor with a sub, but since I've been here, I've tried to emulate the lowend that Mr. Hall is so adept with usually trying to get it as big as possible without going over the edge. I use Yamaha MS5s that try to be what the NS10 were and then a pair of B&W 805 that are very NOT bass heavy, so maybe that's what you're hearing. I've gotten conflicting comments on the lowend/bass. The bass was reamped, too.

I fixed the f--k out of the BG vox, fixing timing and tunage and even modding some of the harmonies.

grantis

« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2008, 09:51:15 AM »

PaulyD wrote on Sat, 12 July 2008 06:39

PaulyD wrote on Fri, 11 July 2008 03:33

Who are the band and the engineer on this?

Got it. Y'all will find out, too...in due time...

Indeed....google the chorus lyrics.
Grant Craig
Nuovo Music (Me)

jdier

« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2008, 10:02:24 AM »

I still have a few more to listen to.  but here is what I have so far.

Podgorny - Love the holds on the guitar notes a the beginning.  Snare a bit boxy for me.  Great dynamics leading up to the chorus.  Snare works great for me in te Chorus.  Bass/lowend seems to get out of control by the end.

Rankus - Fav last verse and chorus.  love the kick.  Snare seems loud at start but blends right in later.  Full band sound is really mint.  Great 2 measure lead up to the chorus.  Great lead guitar sound

Slash - I like where the bass came in.  Drum sound is nice when it is toned down a bit... more like second verse and on.

Spoon - Nice bass/kick interaction.  nice guitar lead treatment on last verse and chorus.

Stillwell - love the guitar lick treatment near beginning.  Initial acoustic sound is great.  Some times lead vocals are too hot for me.  Great balancing of lead and BGV.  Love the chorus vocal sound, wish guitars were still in with a bit more power.

Antman - love the sound at start but the snare seems to lose it's umph.  What are your overhead settings for EQ?  Did you compress the Overheads?  Really like that sound.  Live the verse vocals, but the chorus is a hair quiet.  Great guitars.

Ator - like the drum sound a lot but they over power the vocals a bit.  Great Vocal sounds.  Love the ending.  Some spoet os fht mix get a bit too thick for me.  Curious if you can share how you got the snare sound.

Carefulcollapse - lead vocal is nice.  do ya's are too pumpy for me.  Drums caught me off guard at first but I like them.  Chorus vocal balancing is really nice.

Chris Ilett.  Like the delayed drum intro.  Tough to cut like that, would have been nice tracked that way.  Nice drum sound but snamere too hot for me.  Low vocal too hot in chorus for me.  All arranging ideas good.  Should have happened at engineering.

DBallenger - low end seems a bit out of control.  This is a tough listen for me.  I like the vocal balances in the chorus.

Devin Knutson - nice intro, vocals are really nicely seated, organ type sound is great.  Chorus guitar cuts are really cool.  Doo-ya's sound perfect.   Love the ending.

El Duderino - Nice tight snare sound.  lead vocal sounds great.  little low in the mis in the first and last verse.  On "No longer there" did you pitch change the second vocal?  interesting.  Wish the guitar solo had a huger more triumphant sounding.  Nice taming of the overheads...  How did you treat them>

Grant Richard - kick too loud for me, but I love the sound.  I like the chorus vocal sound.  I do not like the Do Ya Treatment.  Guitars are nice sounding but too soft.

Hugs - When it started the guitars was up so loud that I thought it was going to be  a trainwreck, but the balance are just great.  Love that the song remains well balance as elements are added.  Wish guitars were more powerful in chorus.  I lose the snare just a bit in the chorus too.

Mdifazio - interesting vocal sounds but a bit loud.  Like the guitar sounds a lot.  Not sure that mix works, but I like a lot of the ideas.

Jnickel - Love guitar sound in intro.  Nice tight kit sound too.  Lead vocal sounds good alone and also when balanced with BGVs.  When the other loud guitar comes in the song loses some steam and power.

jtexas - Curious about the chorus  vocal shift... did you think it was wrong, or just prefer your position?  I like the kick bass interaction.  Did you distort the bass.  sounds great.  really nice approach on the distorted guitars.  Love the false ending.  Really love that.  genious.

Loudsonginc - wow on kick...  Like the altered arrangement for intro.  Love the chorus.  great.  Snare gets lost every once in a while.  Nice though.

Martthie - Great Exciting mix.  All new parts enter with a punch!  Some times guitar high end gets out of control.  maybe dulling down the reverb returns would help.  Great mix.

MGA.  I like the snare, but too loud.  Great guitar sound at the end.

MoreSpace Echo - like the arrangement at start - guitar no drums, but I do not like the fade in.  Would have liked to see this done in the recording session.  Same thing for last verse.  Love the delay on guitar.  Nice overall band sound.  Great vocal harmony balancing.

Osumosan - Great Snare sound.  Like the bass effect but wish is was more subdued.  Vocal treatment is really sweet.  Chorus is missing guitar power.  maybe bass low end is eating up too much room.  Kick may be too big in low register.  Nice sound though.

Patrikt - like intro sounds and gutiar treatments.  High hat is out of control  too loud..  Lead vocal seems a bit out of place being so clean.  Why no solo?

jdier - Home recordist

(currently selling one of my dual Great River preamps)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 21 queries.