R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ready Acoustic Bags  (Read 6317 times)

brett

Ready Acoustic Bags
« on: July 02, 2008, 02:49:51 PM »

I recently got rid of my old burlap covered fiberglass acoustic treatments. I ordered a dozen Ready Acoustic bags. Just wanted to comment on the product.

Very nice and easy to install. Worth the $29 bucks. Has fabric handles sown into it for hanging verticle or horizontal and comes with some easy hooks that you push into the drywall. they don't allow for an air gap. Their brakets for $29 a peice that do create the gap seem over priced. Also comes with some plastic corner inserts that have adhesive to creat the sharp looking corners

I will be using some Zip ties to the hooks and placing a 4" PVC tube behind them like Ethan reccomends to create the gap. Super easy to install. Made of a micro fiber. Not sure about how this handles the highs.

12 panels cost me $320 for the bags, and $240 for Roxul 60.

They were out of the Red 6" bags I need for my corners but these will do for now.

Steve Hudson

Re: Ready Acoustic Bags
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 04:41:07 PM »

We also bought a dozen RA bags and were pleasantly surprised how easy it is to make attractive and affordable broadband absorbers. We'd just take two large trash bags to cover the 703 and the panel slid right into the bag. Add plastic corners and zip 'em up, voila!Thumbs up on this product.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."

- Hunter S. Thompson should have said this, but didn't

http://www.myspace.com/steventoddhudson

brett

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 02:51:12 AM »

how'd you get the plastic bags out? If you leave them in your creating a high freq reflective surface. they reccomended cardboard panels you pull out.

did you hang them on the ceiling like clouds over the mix position. What kind of anchors did you use. I got some zip ties but was thinking of mounting a long dowel or thin board to the studs and then zip tieing them along that 3 wide over my desk.
I don't want them wobbling or falling down on my head.  

jimmyjazz

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 07:41:13 PM »

Great product -- I'm about to order 10 or so for my space.  They make DIY possible.

Steve Hudson

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 01:09:53 PM »

brett wrote on Fri, 04 July 2008 01:51

how'd you get the plastic bags out? If you leave them in your creating a high freq reflective surface. they reccomended cardboard panels you pull out.

did you hang them on the ceiling like clouds over the mix position. What kind of anchors did you use. I got some zip ties but was thinking of mounting a long dowel or thin board to the studs and then zip tieing them along that 3 wide over my desk.
I don't want them wobbling or falling down on my head.  

The 703/705 panels don't go into the plastic bags; they go over the panels, then you just pull the bags up and out of the cloth bag and move on to the next panel. The plastic bags are there to allow the fiberglass panel to slide into the cloth bag.

We are not using these as clouds (building light-duty pine frames for those, suspended by small-gauge chains and eye hooks).
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."

C.Cash

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 02:11:36 PM »

This is what I ended up getting, I'm quite happy with them.

http://www.atsacoustics.com/cat--ATS-Acoustic-Panels--100.ht ml
><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

brett

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 05:54:22 PM »

C.Cash wrote on Tue, 15 July 2008 19:11

This is what I ended up getting, I'm quite happy with them.

http://www.atsacoustics.com/cat--ATS-Acoustic-Panels--100.ht ml

The ATS are not bass traps though. They have a solid back don't they.

C.Cash

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 02:01:17 PM »

Brett, you can get them with or without backs. The ones that I put in the corners have no backs.
><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

brett

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 05:42:07 PM »

cool. I pick up my Roxul 80 tomorrow morning. I'll be hanging them up this week.

Steve Hudson

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 05:58:33 PM »

I finally got around to taking a picture of the wooden brackets I had made on which to hang traps made with Ready Bags. There's enough play on the brackets that you can angle the panels slightly, which I understand reduces edge effects.

index.php/fa/10100/0/

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 21 queries.