R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: "Bush Administration Committed War Crimes"- Gen. Taguba, U.S.  (Read 4862 times)

stevieeastend

Re: "Bush Administration Committed War Crimes"- Gen. Taguba, U.S.
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2008, 12:39:38 PM »

mgod wrote on Thu, 19 June 2008 15:54

Barry Hufker wrote on Wed, 18 June 2008 20:32

But you're not including the emotional stress panties on your head can cause.  I know.  I've been there.  And it wasn't pretty.

I suppose that depends on who was wearing them at the time.

Hallams wrote on Wed, 18 June 2008 21:29

I know this seems like going back a few years but when the cold war ended it was an opportunity to "give peace a chance"
That opportunity has been missed and the USA has lost a lot of goodwill internationally. It could have/should have displayed its "Leadership" in international affairs in a manner that made her people proud to be American. I feel the need to say i have no problem with the American people and really don't want to be involved in verbal bashing the US etc, but as you stated Barry, "i just don't get who these people are."

In the modern US, the market rules all. And I mean ALL. We who live here are in the largest petri dish in history and a grand experiment is being conducted on us, with our earnings. We are rats in a maze here, but there is no goal in the maze, simply dead-ends where we find ourselves inundated with federally protected toxins at our own expense.

Politics was called the art of compromise, but here it is simply, and in a way purely, about power. The Supreme Court is as corrupted by power as any other institution. The very thing that the last decent republican president warned us about has come to pass, as he predicted it would. Under any reasonably functioning government, Sandra Day O'Connor would be in prison now for betraying her oath and her country. But criminal behavior at the highest levels is an acceptable fact now here, as long as it doesn't interfere with profits.

The ownership society that conservatives like to tout invites us to buy grains-of-sand-sized shares in the con-game, so that we too can benefit from our own evisceration and that of our brothers and sisters.

This not democracy, it not representative government, it is not a republic - it is capitalism run free and in control of everything. Everything.

DS

Dan,

thanks for this interesting post from an american on America. As a european I can tell you that we are on the same track. Where not there yet but the administration of the european union does everything to get us there: capitalism run free.

So who are these people?
In an enviroment like that it´s easy for people like the bush administration to act without control. They are just criminals doing their thing. Verbrecher as we call it here. The ones who are responsible for war, the most painful and destroying power in the world.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 21 queries.