R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Searched Digi 003 without finding satisfaction  (Read 8411 times)

patrick_pendleton

Re: Searched Digi 003 without finding satisfaction
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2008, 10:25:47 AM »

You are right about the pre's on the 001- they were abysmal.  I've always used an outboard pre though so didn't have to deal with them.  

Regarding Logic, I have to say that I am really digging it.  There are some things that I still try to do pt-style and that don't operate the same way but after going through the key command list and doing some customization i feel like I can really work quickly now.  Still growing pains but I'm progressing.

trock

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2008, 02:50:02 PM »

since you have a PC already another way to go may be the Yamaha N8 or N12.

it comes with cubase LE

you firewire connect it to your pc, load cubase and it comes ready with templates that map the N12 to cubase.

the pre's, eq, comp, and verb are pretty darn good and you get 8 full channel strips in, plus 2 stereo tracks, plus full transport control over cubase, as well as the ability to run 2 sets of speakers off of it and also 2 headphones.

i use the N12 as my studio hub now and use it with the full version of cubase and its been great

that being said you can then also route your tracks back out thru the N12 or N8 to use the mixer's eq, comp, verb etc and offload some CPU or use it in conjunction with plugs in cubase and the hardware mixer, all in all its a very handy all in one setup

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/n12/

Adam The Truck Driver

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2008, 09:35:22 PM »

As it happens I already have my eyes on a MacBook Pro, and I'm going with the Logic Studio it comes with and an Ensemble as the front end and interface, with a couple of outboard pres too. A Sebatron VMP2000eVU & an API 3124+4x2. I'll have the Euphonix MC Control and MC Mix(s), along with a Dangerous ST monitor control with a pair of Solo6 Be and a pair of Auratones. I'll have it all in about 18-24 months from right now. I'm a patient man. Also going to be ordering a Telefunken AK-47 within the next week or two. I'll have a nice microphone locker stocked by the time I have my DAW rig together.

Thanks for all the input everyone. I just decided to go with what I want to start with.
Adam Brown

No File Selected.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 21 queries.