R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: LAMININS  (Read 36557 times)

Bill Mueller

Re: LAMININS
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2008, 12:04:34 AM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Wed, 28 May 2008 21:16

Max,

Repeat after me:

People created in God's image.  Animals created for Mankind's use and pleasure.  People created in God's image.  Animals created for Mankind's use and pleasure.  People created in God's image.  Animals created for Mankind's use and pleasure.  People created in God's image.  Animals created for Mankind's use and pleasure.

Sorry Barry,

This is a GRAND conceit. The most grand conceit in all history.

Where it counts, at the DNA level that actually defines living beings (and not the physical traits of how we eat, reproduce, walk or swim) man and mouse are 85-90% IDENTICAL. Not similar, IDENTICAL.

I believe that God created LIFE in his image. Not the fragile and fleeting physical universe we call home. Especially not our gross human form. I mean c'mon man, have you seen Jimi's avatar? Very Happy

Sorry Jimi, I had to do it.

Best Regards,

Bill
"Don't take it personally. But this shit is a science." J.J.Blair

“The Internet is only a means of communication,” he wrote. “It is not an amorphous extraterrestrial body with an entitlement to norms that run counter to the fundamental principles of human rights. There is nothing in the criminal or civil law which legalizes that which is otherwise illegal simply because the transaction takes place over the Internet.” Irish judge, Peter Charleton

Larrchild

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2008, 12:18:27 AM »

Quote:

man and mouse are 85-90% IDENTICAL

"Man: Are you a man or a mouse?
Groucho: Put a piece of cheese on the floor and you'll find out."
~Groucho in "A Day at the Races"
Larry Janus
http://2ubes.net

Barry Hufker

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2008, 12:50:07 AM »

index.php/fa/8987/0/

I for one then will thank God for the 10-15% difference.

And we have been down this road already.

maxim

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2008, 12:54:37 AM »

"Not the fragile and fleeting physical universe we call home"

bill,

good point, but, imo, the only fragile and fleeting thing is our perception of the physical universe, aka our psyche

the universe usually takes care of itself...

"I for one then will thank God for the 10-15% difference."

barry,

do you really think that you are happier than a hamster?

MagnetoSound

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2008, 05:17:35 AM »

Bill Mueller wrote on Thu, 29 May 2008 05:04

I believe that God created LIFE in his image. Not the fragile and fleeting physical universe we call home. Especially not our gross human form.

Thanks Bill, you got there before me.

Music can make me get right up out of my chair and start dancing or it can get me so pumped up I have to walk around the block.
It can also knock me back and make me sit there and cry like a little baby. This shit is as powerful as any drug!!!
- Larry DeVivo

phantom309

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2008, 06:32:53 AM »

index.php/fa/8988/0/

I see.....um.....MONEY.
Those that can't get carried away, should be.
http://www.audities.org
http://www.mellotron.com
http://www.myspace.com/auditiesrecording
David T. Kean

Tomas Danko

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2008, 09:19:30 AM »

And the three colors were picked by the illustrator in order to show the different parts. They don't look like that in our bodies.

I think the way we are made is an incredible thing no matter what, though. Life is an amazing thing.
http://www.danko.se/site-design/dankologo4s.gif
"T(Z)= (n1+n2*Z^-1+n2*Z^-2)/(1+d1*z^-1+d2*z^-2)" - Mr. Dan Lavry
"Shaw baa laa raaw, sidle' yaa doot in dee splaa" . Mr Shooby Taylor

studiojimi

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2008, 09:46:42 AM »

Bill Mueller wrote on Wed, 28 May 2008 21:04

Sorry Barry,

This is a GRAND conceit. The most grand conceit in all history.

Where it counts, at the DNA level that actually defines living beings (and not the physical traits of how we eat, reproduce, walk or swim) man and mouse are 85-90% IDENTICAL. Not similar, IDENTICAL.

I believe that God created LIFE in his image. Not the fragile and fleeting physical universe we call home. Especially not our gross human form. I mean c'mon man, have you seen Jimi's avatar? Very Happy

Sorry Jimi, I had to do it.

Best Regards,

Bill

yes bill "sorry"

God doesn't make sorry.

yes bill God created LIFE

I AM one with LIFE.

LIfE EXPRESSES ITSELF IN ME!

and yes bill....YOU too!

so stop seeing yourself as sorry.

breathe life...live, love...see love in all.

you've been commanded to do this.

step up to the plate.

keep your eye on the ball.

mitch miller is dead.

CAZADOR RECORDING
STUDIOJIMI'S PSW SONG FORUM
MY MYSPACE
How very good and pleasant it is
when kindred live together in unity!
Psalm 133:1

vegas4ever

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2008, 12:21:21 PM »

reminds me of this story:

Science vs. God

God was sitting in heaven one day when a scientist said to Him, "God, we don't need you anymore.  Science has finally figured out a way to create life out of nothing - in other words, we can now do what you did in the beginning."

"Oh, is that so?  Tell Me..." replies God.

"Well," says the scientist, "we can take dirt and form it into the likeness of you and breathe life into it, thus creating man."

"Well, that's very interesting...show Me." So the scientist bends down to the earth and starts to mold the soil into the shape of a man.

"No, no, no..." interrupts God, "Get your own dirt."
"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"
David Brent

Barry Hufker

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2008, 01:37:42 PM »

LMFAO

p.mento

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2008, 07:13:34 PM »

an atheist dies and goes to hell. he's very surprised that there is an afterlife and anxious of what will await him he steps in front of the devil.

devil: 'hello mortal, i'm sure you know why you're here so let's not waste any time. let me show you around this place.'

the devil shows him hell: a world that looks like a mixture of compasspoint studios and playboy mansion, endless beaches, endless barbecues, free drinks everywhere...

the atheist is very pleased and adjusts to the situation quickly, getting a straw hat, a hawaii shirt and a drink.

after a few days of wandering around, participating in various parties etc. he walks upon a huge wall. at first he doesn't think too much of it but after a while he starts to really wonder what it is and why it is there. he goes back to the devil and asks him.

devil: 'oh, i didn't have time to show you that part but most people find out about it sooner or later anyway. let's have a look!'

they take a huge ladder, climb to the top of the wall and look on the other side.

there, one can see a world of fire, everything is covered in lava, there's mortals being burnt and tortured constantly by demons, crying out lout in pain, all in all a really horrible sight.

atheist: 'but i don't understand, why didn't i get there? after all i wasn't religious, not even moslem or buddhist or anything but even worse, i was an atheist all my life!'

devil: 'well, this is not for everybody! we provide this service exclusively for christians. they want it that way.'

Twisted Evil

Fi Real!

maxim

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2008, 07:55:42 PM »

"A priest dies and is greeted by Saint Peter.  Peter tells him that he must choose between three hells.

The first hell is very hot and he sees a lot of people burning in fire. The next hell is freezing cold and he sees people shivering and clamoring. In the third hell, he sees people standing in shit up to their waist but they look quite happy. They are smoking, drinking coffee and are chatting with each other. So the priest says to Peter, "I choose the third hell with all the people standing in shit up to their waist."

So Peter admits him to the third hell. He gets a cup of coffee and a cigarette and feels quite comfortable. Suddenly, the loudspeaker comes on:

"Attention. The break is over. It's time to stand on your head now.""

PRobb

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2008, 08:26:50 PM »

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Berolzheimer

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2008, 09:31:03 PM »

So far this thread has referred to at least 2 other unrelated threads- bagels & rats.
BTW that Lamington looks a lot like the critters that have ended up in my traps over the years.  I remember the first time we had them in the house, they turned up shortly before we went to Germany for a while, so I told my friend who was housesitting to look out for them & try to do something.  a week or so later Italked to hm on the phone & he said, "well I saw one but I don't think it's a rat; it's kind of cute."

The film sound side of my life:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0077235/

A bunch of songs I've recorded and/or mixed are here:
http://www.zget.me/billionaires/

jetbase

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2008, 09:35:12 PM »

The Lamington is the cake, not the rodent. If you've never tried one you're missing out.

http://www.aussie-info.com/identity/food/lamington.php
sleep is not an option

jwhynot: "There's a difference between thinking or acting dogmatically and drawing from experience."

Glenn Santry
http://www.myspace.com/glennsantry
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.25 seconds with 20 queries.