R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: And this just in....  (Read 7153 times)

MB

Re: And this just in....
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2004, 12:09:44 AM »

MedicineDog wrote on Wed, 26 May 2004 22:29

Hey Pricey,

What's LAME is posting lame messages while hiding behind a screen name and not using your real identity (as is the norm on this forum).

The song, OTOH, is absolutely brilliant.  Thanks, George!

A non sequitur. The lameness of a message is irrelevant to the screenname one uses. I thought Pricey was expressing an opinion, which one can argue for or against.

His use of a screenname rather than his real name, is another argument, though his identity has been well established and he's never gone out of his way to hide it (e.g. CAPE project). The PSW Rec Pit had one culture, and this forum has another. The confusing thing to me is that many of the forums that existed on the Rec Pit now exist here, yet in that migration a new culture has been created. You can't always force culture. Plus all posters are equal here but some posters are more equal than others. Some people, like MM, don't have to post their real name.

For what it's worth...

Oh, yeah,

Matt Sismundi

MedicineDog

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2004, 12:13:58 PM »

Well, yeah, I guess that was a little over-the-top on my part.  Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.  Still, my understanding is that you're supposed to use your real name on posts in George's forum, and I guess that was my main point.  I'm not familiar enough with Pricey to know anything about his "real" identity.

And, Pricey - As for "crude partisan humor", check your Python facts.  Idle is well-known for these types of songs.  Recall a line from "Henry Kissinger"-

"But you've got nicer legs than Hitler and bigger tits than Cher"

And that's one of the more mild Idle lines I remember... Wink

Peace,
-Aaron Anderson

"Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge" D. Henley

George Massenburg

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2004, 06:51:17 PM »

Quote:

"FCC Song" fails as humor. It's just a political attack.

I think I'm ok with this.  

I've really been missing current recording artists' participation in response to the current administration's outrageously bad decisions.  

See the Hal Crowther piece at...

http://indyweek.com/durham/2004-05-12/news.html

You know, when one recalls what was good about sixties music?and frankly there was alot of pap (currently being recycled by Clear Channel)?among the best examples of it one finds an enchantment with the idea at the time that music could inspire political change.  This was very powerful stuff.

Not a heck alot happening these days except the occasional Sheryl Crow and Avril Levigne.

George

sdevino

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2004, 09:56:39 AM »

OK here's an effort by my son and his college film class to help clean up the airwaves

Rolling Eyes

http://www.graniterocks.com/Files/RockPartyCensored.mp4

Steve
Steve Devino

Granite Rocks Recording Studios
Studio gear design and setup

Will Russell

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2004, 12:50:40 PM »

that article is SO right on...
Will Russell
Electric Wilburland Studio
http://www.wilburland.com
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.