R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: so... lets talk Software  (Read 10255 times)

GAX70

so... lets talk Software
« on: May 25, 2008, 12:44:17 AM »

Well the plan is to go to school for sound and music recording and business so i can run and build my own studio but what i need to know is what software you like. Seeing as ill be working with people who are doing the same thing im doing in the studio. id like to find sum software that we can agree on. the os is not a big deal windows mac linux but all i need to know is what you like to work with and why. thanks

compasspnt

Re: so... lets talk Software
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 09:47:14 AM »

There are hundreds of threads here already that discuss the relative merits of various software recording programmes.

Try some searches, and you will get both positive and negative reactions to every single one of them.

One word though, "Mac."

Ashermusic

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 12:19:33 PM »

compasspnt wrote on Mon, 26 May 2008 14:47

There are hundreds of threads here already that discuss the relative merits of various software recording programmes.

Try some searches, and you will get both positive and negative reactions to every single one of them.

One word though, "Mac."

I am a Logic Pro-Mac guy and primarily a composer, but I have an engineer friend on a PC who uses Adobe Audition to record some great artists like Roger Kelloway and for an engineer, I think it is a terrific app.
Composer, Logic Pro Certified Trainer, Level 2
Author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 8"

www.jayasher.com

cerberus

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 02:56:15 PM »

i beta test for steinberg, waves, izotope, and celemony.
please pm me if you have any specific questions
about those tools. imo, they are best in class.

jeff dinces

Nick Sevilla

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 06:43:35 PM »

GAX70 wrote on Sat, 24 May 2008 21:44

Well the plan is to go to school for sound and music recording and business so i can run and build my own studio but what i need to know is what software you like. Seeing as ill be working with people who are doing the same thing im doing in the studio. id like to find sum software that we can agree on. the os is not a big deal windows mac linux but all i need to know is what you like to work with and why. thanks

Hi,

I like and use :

ProTools HD

and

Logic Pro 8

I use Apple Computers exclusively.

Cheers
-------------------------------------------------
It is quite possible, captain, that they find us grotesque and ugly and many people fear beings different from themselves.

www.nicksevilla.com

KAyo

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 01:43:25 AM »

People are right, when they say, use Apple Macs only.. but, don’t let that discourage you from trying PC’s.
I have used PC’s successfully, for a long time, without a problem whatsoever. I personally, still prefer PC’s to Macs, and don’t have any need to change that decision. Although, Vista was a horrid experience, still with XP and loving it. Plus, Macs have their problems too. I own some old G5’s, and they have their share of limitations for sure.

Make the choice and go for it.. Cool

KAyo
http://www.Kantabiz.com
Business Video Directory
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 22 queries.